• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What is Stern going to do about the gang sign?

Wurider05

Sitting at home watching the game, I immediately knew that he had just flashed a gang sign at Horford. This is uncalled for and the league should do something to Pierce for this. That type of [censored] has no place in the league. Maybe they are hoping that no one noticed it.

I agree. There is a rule about that. A few years back when KG started doing that cut-throat motion Stern did outlaw those sorts of signs. Come on Stern be consistent.

For a league that has issues with it's image turning off many potential or former fans with it's often unfair but understandable thug image, Stern should make a statement by bringing the hammer down on Pierce. This makes Cassell's ball carrying dance seem like nothing. Flashing a gang sign has to be the pinnacle of classlessness. What a punk!

Paul Pierce has long since been one of my least favorite NBA players. I dont know what it was about him but I just didnt like him. Now, if its true what you guys are saying, I feel a little justified in my opinion of him. I wish scalabrine had let him keep coming to Horford, lol. I guess its ok for the celtics players to talk trash and taunt us but how dare us give it right back. Kudos Al!! Keep it coming.

This reminded me of David West totally punking Nowitzki out earlier in the DAL/NOR series. There is hardly anything that makes me more upset than seeing a grown man getting utterly blasted in front of a crowd.

nba_a_dirk_west_200.jpg

Nowitzki just stood there. But, to the best of my knowledge there was no comment from the league. Glad to see the Hawks are standing up for themselves like men. The Hawks are a better group of guys than most other teams. If they wanted to give Horford a "T", fine. I'm sure he would've taken that hit, but the intention of Peirce's gesture went beyond a game. No class.

Quote:

It looked like the sign for "OK". As in "OK, we'll see."

See here:

http://www.tnboat.com/course/assets/images..._ok_200x200.jpg

What on earth would make you believe it was a gang sign?

Uhh... no. It was definitely not like that. It was done in an upside down and a 'thug' manner. I on ly saw it once though, and I'd like to see it again to have a final opinion.

I don't know. I do know Pierce is from LA, gang central, but I haven't heard anything in the past to intimate he's in a gang or whatever.

He's had words with Artest and Lebron in the past, and he hasn't flashed anything at them, I do wonder what the hand gesture was.