• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mike Bibby's taped hand

Blunt91

IMO I think his hand being taped is ultimately the reason he hasn't been able to get in a shooting rhythem. I know he has had some games during the regular season where he shot the ball well, but in this series he just hasn't gotten comfortable. The ball doesn't even look right leaving his hand when he shoots. He missed 3 free throws in a row, which is unlike him to do.

If we had the "real" Mike Bibby for this playoff series I think we would win another game. I guess we will have to wait till next season to see how well this guy can really shoot.

• Premium Member

Quote:

IMO I think his hand being taped is ultimately the reason he hasn't been able to get in a shooting rhythem. I know he has had some games during the regular season where he shot the ball well, but in this series he just hasn't gotten comfortable. The ball doesn't even look right leaving his hand when he shoots. He missed 3 free throws in a row, which is unlike him to do.

Then why does he continue to shoot so much?

Quote:

Isn't Bibby's non shooting hand the one that's taped?

He doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but you never know.

Yep, it is his non-shooting hand (like Acie's). And to respond to the "missed 3 FTs in a row" comment, Bibby isn't a great FT shooter. He shoots around 70 something percent for his career. But eh, it may be bothering him more than we know. What do I know, I am 22 and have never broken a bone in my body, so I have no experience with what Bibby is going through.