• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pierce's retaliation may be centered around Marvin

HAWKS1986

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I just don't see any D out of Marvin at all. I think I could get off a jump shot or get around him and I am 5-10 and 44 years old.

Hawk88

Wow. Unbelievable. If Marvin is that bad on defense, he should be waived IMMEADIATELY or not dress every game. Why does he even see the floor, if this is true?

I am dissappointed in a lot of Marvin's development but his man D has actually come along very well, IMO.

• Premium Member

Quote:

dolf,

I guess I haven't picked up much watching the last 30+ years of basketball because I don't see Marvin playing any defense. He is not quick so he has to stay back on D, the opposing player can then take an uncontested jumpshot. If Marvin gets close they blow by him.

Hawk88

I guess these same fans don't know that Paul Pierce led the team in scoring during the regular season and is averaging 4 ppg lower than his seasonal averagae! conversely, the same posters will then turn around and say that Smooves defense has been great on KG eventhough Kg is averaging 4 ppg higher in the playoff than his seasonal average. Lets just face reality folks, most Hawk fans are new to pro basketball and are widely considered casual sports fans!