• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woody will likely get that Extension

Blunt91

I think the play of the Hawks in the playoffs have secured Woodsen at least a few more years as the Hawks head coach. The ASG might have had their doubts before the playoffs but more than likely we will see woody again next season. I don't have a problem with that as long as the owners spend money on adding quality players to our team and resign Smoove & Childress.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If, IF, they decided to give him an extension, the ASG BETTER sign Smoove [and Chill] and go after some vets. No excuses.

There is no reason not to sign these guys so why worry. Woodson has proven that he can win with them so what sense would it make to change the roster?

Quote:

Quote:

If, IF, they decided to give him an extension, the ASG BETTER sign Smoove [and Chill] and go after some vets. No excuses.

There is no reason not to sign these guys so why worry. Woodson has proven that he can win with them so what sense would it make to change the roster?

Because its the ASG??? That's why I "worry."

<_>

Quote:

Quote:

yeah, what's Woody record as the Hawks head coach? He ain't proven jack.

People forget that the Hawks have the 3rd or 4th best home record in the eastern conference... so they can win against good teams at home. But to win on the road you need a better bench (one more defensive type big) and a good coach. Woody have just realized since game 3 that he can play his starters with 2 fouls in the second quarter.

• Premium Member

Quote:

<_>

Give me an example where this group has not supported this team! Or spent money to make this team better! Plus if you don't resign Smith, nobody shows up to see your product next year and you don't make money. Your logic makes no sense!

• Premium Member

Quote:

yeah, what's Woody record as the Hawks head coach? He ain't proven jack.

People forget that the Hawks have the 3rd or 4th best home record in the eastern conference... so they can win against good teams at home. But to win on the road you need a better bench (one more defensive type big) and a good coach. Woody have just realized since game 3 that he can play his starters with 2 fouls in the second quarter.

People like make me laugh! Our front court consist of two 21 year olds and a 22 year old but yet you expect miracles! The D_mn team is better or have you not been paying attention?

Quote:

Quote:

<_>

Give me an example where this group has not supported this team! Or spent money to make this team better! Plus if you don't resign Smith, nobody shows up to see your product next year and you don't make money. Your logic makes no sense!

Dude, calm down. All I am saying is that I hope they make the right decisions. We are on the same friggin page for God's sake.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dude, calm down. All I am saying is that I hope they make the right decisions. We are on the same friggin page for God's sake.

Just like I thought! Just typing sh_t without anything to back up your your claim that we should be worried that the team won't do the obvious! No problem bro

Oh lord here we go. Do we REALLY need to get into such a puerile argument? So stupid.

1) The ASG could have canned a clearly overmatched Woody years ago (playoffs aside)

2) They allowed BK to keep his job

3) They waited so long to make Dominique a more visible face of the franchise (now he is tutoring our guys via their permission)

4) The ongoing ownership situation

5) The reported refusal to fire Woody after BK's insistence not once, but thrice

Seriously man, stop reaching. The gist of my post was that I hope the ASG steps up and does the right thing. Everything else you claim is typical, childish reaching. Good lod.

• Premium Member

Not that I want Woodson back, but after this series I won't blame them if they do resign him. The players definitely play hard for him. Other terrible coaches such as Sam Mitchell, Eddie Jordan, and Lawrence Frank all have recieved extensions based on a one season/playoff showing.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Oh lord here we go. Do we REALLY need to get into such a puerile argument? So stupid.

1) The ASG could have canned a clearly overmatched Woody years ago (playoffs aside)

2) They allowed BK to keep his job

3) They waited so long to make Dominique a more visible face of the franchise (now he is tutoring our guys via their permission)

4) The ongoing ownership situation

5) The reported refusal to fire Woody after BK's insistence not once, but thrice

Seriously man, stop reaching. The gist of my post was that I hope the ASG steps up and does the right thing. Everything else you claim is typical, childish reaching. Good lod.

What does any of the above garbage have to do with signing players that will help the team win to contract that they deserve?

Quote:

There is NO DOUBT that the ASG will sign Smith to a big extension. He has shown his value both during the season and in the playoffs. He maybe having one of the most complete playoffs for a player his age, ever (LBJ the best, of course).

As for Childress, I have no problem with a SnT in the offseason. We really need more scoring off the bench. Childress is a very nice player, but since we don't have a draft pick this year, the only way to get another scorer is via trade or the MLE. Entonces, do a SnT with Chilress to get a swingman that better fits the teams needs. Use the MLE to get that defensive big, or the other way around.

In regards to Woodson. I really thought Larry Brown was going to be the next HC of the Hawks. Now, I have no idea. I still have tremendous problems with Woodson, so I would not be excited to see him back. FWIW, I think the players are playing for themselves and run a lot of the game on their own. There were a couple of shots last night when Woodson was talking to Bibby and Bibby had this look on his face like "WTF are you talking about, man?", or "of course I know to play in front of my man". Either way, I am not sure that the players are playing for Woodson. Its more like they play for each other and the home crowd.

Quote:

I would be totally fine with it.

Both Woodson and Knight have met and surpassed the teams goals for the complete rebuild of the franchise.

Go Hawks !

I disagree strongly. I still believe Woody and BK need to be shown the door so that the team can take it to the next level with a better coach/strategist and someone who knows how to complete and balance off the roster.

Quote:

Quote:

I would be totally fine with it.

Both Woodson and Knight have met and surpassed the teams goals for the complete rebuild of the franchise.

Go Hawks !

I disagree strongly. I still believe Woody and BK need to be shown the door so that the team can take it to the next level with a better coach/strategist and someone who knows how to complete and balance off the roster.

The roster looks pretty balanced with the exception of a true center (which every team whishes they had).

Ya, BK obviously does not have a clue how to rebuild a team from scratch under the worst ownership mess in the history of American sports which has dragged on for 4 years now.....LOL....He traded away one of his 2 draft mistakes for a vet PG with playoff expierence that is still 29. NO GM bats .1000 in the draft. To me taking Horford over Yi made up for the Sheldon pick. Then trading Sheldon for a good PG rounded out the roster pretty well.

Wish we had a big name like Isiah Thomas or Michael Jordan......They are doing such a great job ! LOL !

The "Plan" has finally come together. Its hard for me to diss Woody right now. He was destined to fail the last 3 years and finally he has something to work with and the team is producing.

Props to Woody and BK ! They both derserve it right now !

Just enjoying the moment !