• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We Aren't the Only Ones Thinking Suspension

Dragitoff

It looks like someone at ESPN is noticing this too.......and it ain't ESPN's closet Hawks fan Hollinger.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080429

I think trading them Garnett and Perkins for Marvin would definitely be a good tradeoff? I wonder why ZaZa wouldn't be at risk though. After all, he did come after Garnett.

I saw the video serveral times last night. Perkins definately takes a step onto the court. He is about 5 feet away from the bench chairs. Marvin APPEARS to be on the court but he's at the other end of the court and is just trying to get a view at what is going on. He may have both feet in bounds, or it might be just one foot.

FWIW, Perkins definately came onto the court as a reaction to Z getting in Garnet's face. Marvin was just trying to see what was going on.

• Premium Member

Quote:

It looks like someone at ESPN is noticing this too.......and it ain't ESPN's closet Hawks fan Hollinger.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080429

I think trading them Garnett and Perkins for Marvin would definitely be a good tradeoff? I wonder why ZaZa wouldn't be at risk though. After all, he did come after Garnett.

Well, Zaza didn't swing on a ref...

Actually, KG should get more than 1 game (according to previous precedent)...

Celts fans should be sweating.

Quote:

Anyone seen video of them coming off the bench

Check ESPN's highlights with Sage Steele. The have the angles covered and the feet onto the court highlighted. Her report also was "leading" for Stern (if that's possible) to "stay consistent" on his rulings.

I didn't even realize Stern was there last night until I saw this report.

• Moderators

They got the camera on Stern quick during the altercation. He's got that concerned grandmother look down pat. "Oh my! Guys stop that. You're making my league look like its filled with trash talking thugs and soccer holligans."

Its playoff basketball. That was nothing. I hope the league lets it go.

• Premium Member

Quote:

They got the camera on Stern quick during the altercation. He's got that concerned grandmother look down pat. "Oh my! Guys stop that. You're making my league look like its filled with trash talking thugs and soccer holligans."

Its playoff basketball. That was nothing. I hope the league lets it go.

Sorry Mac...

I can't agree.

You say it was in the heat of the moment. It was nothing. Well, where is the line. When does it become something? Maybe Next time, Marvin pushes a ref. Not accidentally. On purpose like KG did.

Let's not get caught up into thinking that just because KG is a mega star and his team's best player that he is beyond suspension. Nor, let's not think that his being suspended with ruin the competition. We've proved that we can go toe to toe with Boston already. What you have in the Celts is a team that lives on intimidation. Allowing KG to push the refs around even if it's "nothing" is another form of intimidation. It has to be nipped. Otherwise , the message is, there's preferential treatment.

So I'm throwing the B.S. Card down on your insistence that this was nothing or it should be overlooked. For if it were Salim who had done the same thing.. Salim would have been Suspended for th rest of his life!

The one thing that has become obvious about this series is Atlanta has really gotten under Boston's skin. I don't know who scripted that gameplan up, but it's worked to perfection. The Celts are so rattled right now, anything is possible in this series. First Paul "thug-Life" Pierce flashes what appears to be gang signs or something like that in game 3 and now this. I hope our boys keep their cool, while still driving the Celts crazy!

Quote:

I'd rather beat a full Celtic squad with Perkins and Garnett. If we have to lose, I'd rather lose to the full squad too.

Screw that. Any advantage is a good one. I am not going to apologize for their stupidity.

I'm not making a judgment either way in that statement. But, now I will: KG should be suspended. He and Perkins were both foolish. Not so much Marvin. But, I just hate accomplishing as much as the Hawks have to give ammo to people like Stephen A. Smith and Kincaid.

Quote:

Quote:

I'd rather beat a full Celtic squad with Perkins and Garnett. If we have to lose, I'd rather lose to the full squad too.

Screw that. Any advantage is a good one. I am not going to apologize for their stupidity.

I hear ya' man !

Screw the softies !

Roll up your sleeves and get down and dirty. This is the playoffs ! A win is a win no matter how it comes. We have beaten Boston in back to back games with them at full stength. The Hawks have proven they can do it. I'll take a win vs. the best team in the NBA no matter how it comes.