• Raised $440 of $700 target

1st Round Playoffs Game 5: Atlanta VS Boston

gsuteke

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the offense really went stagnant in the fourth quarter. What's really upsetting is that we looked like were really close to getting back into this game at time sin the third quarter. Pierce, Allen, and Posey kept making daggers in the fourth quarter, though. The offense was disjointed with JJ getting doubled immediately whenever he caught the ball.

All this shows is that we're two entirely different teams. Hawks at Home = TEH BEZT. Hawks on the Road = TEH SUCK.

O well, we'll get em in Game 6. And even then, who woulda thunk that this series would get to 6 games? I'm still proud of the team, even though this sucks right now.

Quote:

How in the hell is that a T on Smith when KG arguing earlier forever was not?!?!?

That's true. I did miss what Smith said though. KG was arguing a blocking call earlier which he thought was an offensive foul. Ref told him that Powe (maybe it was Posey) was in the restricted zone. KG gets in his face shouting "WHO WAS IN? WHO WAS IN?" Ray Allen has to restrain him. Josh Smith apparently says two words and he's T-ed up. But again, no telling what he said.

Quote:

Name one team that whines so much and gives so much DRAMA when the least little thing goes wrong.

One thing is for sure. The Hawks, regardless of whether they win another game, have shown the league how to beat the Celtics.

That's what I'm saying. Even though we haven't advanced, we've moved on further than ANYBODY would've ever guessed. Nobody had this series going 6, and the way that the Hawks are playing at Philips, might go 7. If it goes 7, then that's basically the best situation for us. We took the "best" team in the league to the limit, regained credibility, learned ALOT about this team, and got valuable playoff experience.

Win or lose, this is definitely a win-win situation for the franchise in the long run.

Win or lose, this is definitely a win-win situation for the franchise in the long run.

It will be back to the same thing. It just seems like the Hawks don't learn anything. They get two wins at home, and go back out and it's the same old story that it was before the two wins. They just never seem to learn.

Quote:

It will be back to the same thing. It just seems like the Hawks don't learn anything. They get two wins at home, and go back out and it's the same old story that it was before the two wins. They just never seem to learn.

We've just been a bad team on the road all year. This was not a surprise, nor was it unexpected. This L was coming a mile away.

I still have a feeling that this will go 7, since the Celtics are probably going to come out high-and-mighty again for Game 6. They definitely got all the calls from the refs tonight,

We're not supposed to compete, let alone win. I am a little disappointed that we didn't make it more of a game. It's like we didn't bring any momentum from our first 2 wins to Boston, but hey, they're the ones with the 66 victories in the regular season, so we can't really expect to stand toe to toe with these guys, right? I know what the Warriors did last year, but that was against a soft team...and Boston isn't soft. I love the Hawks, and I will till I'm dead or they leave Atlanta, but I can't get that mad at the situation right now. Our time will come, but that time will not be in 08 (and I'm not saying that I'm giving up on the series, I'm just saying that losing to the C's isn't something to be ashamed of. The Hawks are gaining valuable experience right now, and this will help us in the future. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying)