• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bibby's lack of production: Is it really his fault

HAWKS1986

If you compare the supporting cast of a Chris Paul: Pargo, David West, Peja, Morris Peterson

ALL THESE GUYS are shooters with three point range and stretch the defense...

If you compare the supporting cast of a Tony Parker: Manu, Finley, Bowen.. These guys can consistently hit three..

For Bibby: Chillz, Marvin, Josh Smith and JJ..Only JJ is a consistent three point shooter.. MARVIN AND CHILLZ DON'T EVEN TRY TO SHOOT THREE'S..

Is the lack of talent that can finish strong at the rim or shoot the three hindering Bibby's production?

He was playing like crap before the playoffs started. In April's regular season games he was shooting only 36%.

He can't create his own shot off the dribble. He doesn't handle the ball well and isn't a good passer. All he can really do is sometimes make open shots. That is enough to make the defense honor him and make things easier for JJ but overall he hasn't shown me much game at all.

Quote:

He was playing like crap before the playoffs started. In April's regular season games he was shooting only 36%.

He can't create his own shot off the dribble. He doesn't handle the ball well and isn't a good passer. All he can really do is sometimes make open shots. That is enough to make the defense honor him and make things easier for JJ but overall he hasn't shown me much game at all.

I disagree. I think he's a very good passer. We are getting assists from the PG position with Bibby that we never had before. I would like to see what a 100% healthy Bibby can do with us next year.

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree. I think he's a very good passer. We are getting assists from the PG position with Bibby that we never had before. I would like to see what a 100% healthy Bibby can do with us next year.

Bibby averaged 6.5 assists during the regular season. big deal. Bibby's assist to turnover ratio of 2.6 is lame. AJ's a/to ratio was 4 to 1 and he is a career backup.

Bibby has made more pathetic turnovers than any pg we have had the last few years.

It would be GREAT IF JOSH SMITH WOULD FOLLOW SUITE AND NOT TRY TO SHOOT 3's as well. We don't need his 25% 3pt shooting when he can dominate by taking the ball to the hole. At least Marvin can use the excuse that all he has is an inconsistent mid-range game and Childress can't do much other than get put backs and the occasional drive. At least both of them realize that they aren't 3pt shooters and try to do what they are good at. If Josh Smith would do that and only do that we would be a significantly better team. There is no excuse for him to not dominate when it's obvious that nobody can stop when he wants to.

i agree that it's the matchup with rondo....yes bibby has missed some open shots but i dont think this is just how bibby is...bibby can score, he hasnt lost much since he averaged over 20 a game some years back...seems to me he is on a terrible bad streak right now too shooting.

It's Bibby's fault he's missing jump shots in Boston. It's also his fault that he can't really guard any other point guard off the drible. And it's at least partically his fault that he can't do anything positive offensively while his man keeps leaving him to double JJ.

Quote:

i agree that it's the matchup with rondo....yes bibby has missed some open shots but i dont think this is just how bibby is...bibby can score, he hasnt lost much since he averaged over 20 a game some years back...seems to me he is on a terrible bad streak right now too shooting.

I would argue that the Bibby of today is not the same player that that he was in say 2004-05. He is a couple years removed from his best seasons and it shows.

Can't believe we have not heard : Its obviously just Woody's fault like everything else...LOL

After hearing all the......Get a new coach and watch us play all year like we did Games 3 & 4 of the Boston series....LOL

How many times have we read that on this board ? Got to admit, it is kind of funny and such an easier answer to spitt off at the cup.

I am too lazy to do the research but there was some guy(a Sac fan) who posted his feelings/thoughts on Bibby right after the trade. One thing I remember him saying was how Bibby would have a great game then disappear for several games. As for this statement, it has been undeniably true. With his team loser posse he brought here and his erratic play, I say please do not make this guy part of our future. Let him take his posse of clowns to another town to miss jumpers, show mediocre ball-handling skills and run off at the mouth about opposing fans. We don't need that crap.

We had a better shooter and ball handler in Lue when he was here(don't misunderstand that statement...I don't miss Lue's pounding the ball into court and forcing shots with 1 second left). In fact, I would even say we would be way better off getting Jason Terry back here to run the point rather than considering Bibby a valid option. Of course I hope Acie can progress and be a good pg for us but he still may be a few years away. I simply don't care for Bibby's game.

Actually..I see somebody rehashed the above mentioned Sac fans comments in another thread. Didn't see it until now. Thanks for that. I have been remembering those words since I read them to see if they would turn out true. So far, this guy is seeming like a pretty bright and right on the spot critic of Bibby.

A lot of it has to do with Bibby just not being the Bibby of old. He is missing wide open shots, turning the ball over with astounding regularity, isn't really facilitating the offense, does not play good defense, and is good for nothing else if his shot isn't falling. He cant guard Rondo or any other PG with speed (and which PGs dont have that)? Anyway, I would rather see Acie just get more burn in his place now. I'm talking 20 mins or so. Acie has looked good recently in limited time, plays good defense, and can drive to the hole at will (his shots arent getting blocked nearly as much as they were in the reg season). Bibby has just looked like garbage for a long time now. I dont know if he's injured, but he has been wildly inconsistent for as long as I can remember.