• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who thinks we can win tonight?

frosgrim

Just to put your cards on the table- what do you all think will happen tonight?

I say:

Game 6

Hawks win 98 Celtics 93

JJ pulls out another increadible game, esp in the mid 4th when he takes over. Cs make a late run to make it closer than it was for most of the 4th.

The home crowd is going to be going insane tonight and we will come out fired up and ready to go back to Boston for the final game where we will see our best road performance of the year as we SHOCK THE WORLD and beat those damn dirty Celtics!

I hope we can win but I think the Celtics really want to end it tonight. We will need another miracle to pull this game off. I will be there though like i was for games 3 and 4 screaming my head off. GO Hawks!

Quote:

I hope we can win but I think the Celtics really want to end it tonight. We will need another miracle to pull this game off. I will be there though like i was for games 3 and 4 screaming my head off. GO Hawks!

Of course they WANT to win tonite. They also WANTED to win games 3 and 4!

The Celtics will have a major chink in their armour if they cannot win one road

game this whole series. It will certainly cast major doubts for the remainder of

the way for them.

I also thought they wouldn't win Game 3 or 4 so what the hell do I know? Why not throw ice water on ABC's dream of having the Celts face Labron on Sunday afternoon?

Hawks 101

Celtics 94

We don't need to come out like we did in Game 4 though and get down 16-3 early. That was a great comeback but BOS will REALLY go for the kill if that happens again just like DET did in Philly last night.

I think the young guys come to play tonight and I think Marvin shows up and plays a terrific game. He will knocks down his shots tonight and he will get to the line. I'm looking for 20/6/3 from him tonight and if he gives it, I think we win.

I'm definately on the fence for this one. I'd put the odds of a Hawks victory at 50%. If it were 40% or 60% I'd put it that way, but I've to put it right at 50%.

They can't rely on what they did in the game 4. It took an awesome performance by JJ in the fourth to pull it out, and the Celtics will not let him do that again. They need to go back to what they did in game 3, workinh the ball in the post and getting out in the break.

Key player in game 5 was Marvin. Still would like for Marvin to have a nice game, but I'm putting this on Josh Smith and Al Horford. Josh cannot keep attempting jump shots if he's going to throw up nine bricks. Especially since he's effective at getting points in the paint and getting to the line. Putting KG in foul trouble would be a great value. And Al needs to work at KG on offense too, see if he can himself to the line also.

If we win, I think we blow them out. This is the type of game where a team plays a perfect game, leads wire to wire, and the other team shuts it down early and looks foward to the final game at home. We may very well lose, but if we win, don't be surprised if it's by 15 points or more.

I'm 5 minutes from the arena. Damn I wanna see them win tonight.

I certainly think we "can" win...we surely can if we hit shots and free throws, play solid D, and get some hoops in transition. As was said - we can't afford to go down 16-3 or have any big 15-4 runs on us during the game - gotta be consistent and focused.

Will we win? If I hadta bet my own money (no point spread) I'd likely take the Celtics. People think this game isn't that big of a deal to them since they can just lose and then close out the series in Boston - I don't think that is their mindset. I think they realize that they can't afford to lose 3 games to a 37 win team in the playoffs if they want to go all the way (plus there is always that outside chance that we could sneak out a win in game 7 and knock them out).

I hope our guys realize that this is going to be a VERY hard game to win - but it CAN be won - if everybody plays well and smart. detective.gif