• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Shake Them Haters Off Marv & Bibby!

Traceman

Both of you guys have taken a lot of heat for your performances in this series. Some if it is deserved and some of it isn't. I just want you both to know that I support you both 100% and I believe in both of you. I KNOW that you both are better players than you have demonstrated so far in this series. It is obvious from the contributions you both have given at different times throughout the season.

Marvin, I know you are facing a future HOF player who is unguardable at times but you just focus on the things that YOU can do well and let the chips fall where they may. Don't let PP making tough shots take you out of what you can do. Stroke your J CONFIDENTLY and protect that rock when you are going to the hoop in traffic. Keep playing tough D and go to the glass on both ends like you are capable off. This is the playoffs baby! MAKE it happen. I don't care what the haters say, you are still MY MAIN MAN! Let's do this baby!

Bibby, I know Rondo is quick and athletic and he is a tough matchup for you but the only one who can stop you from making an impact on this game is you. They are going to try to take away your J and force you to make plays in the lane. So be it. Go to the rack and draw the contact or give it up to one of the big guys for the finish. On D, all I ask is that you give it your all. Don't fall asleep and make the proper rotations. If they still make the play, so be it. But make them execute and EARN it. No easy buckets! You have shown that you can make big shots in big games and that you are never scared to take the big shot. Be prepared to make that big shot late. If it is there for you, I KNOW you will make it.

Go Hawks!

Quote:

Both of you guys have taken a lot of heat for your performances in this series. Some if it is deserved and some of it isn't. I just want you both to know that I support you both 100% and I believe in both of you. I KNOW that you both are better players than you have demonstrated so far in this series. It is obvious from the contributions you both have given at different times throughout the season.

Marvin, I know you are facing a future HOF player who is unguardable at times but you just focus on the things that YOU can do well and let the chips fall where they may. Don't let PP making tough shots take you out of what you can do. Stroke your J CONFIDENTLY and protect that rock when you are going to the hoop in traffic. Keep playing tough D and go to the glass on both ends like you are capable off. This is the playoffs baby! MAKE it happen. I don't care what the haters say, you are still MY MAIN MAN! Let's do this baby!

Bibby, I know Rondo is quick and athletic and he is a tough matchup for you but the only one who can stop you from making an impact on this game is you. They are going to try to take away your J and force you to make plays in the lane. So be it. Go to the rack and draw the contact or give it up to one of the big guys for the finish. On D, all I ask is that you give it your all. Don't fall asleep and make the proper rotations. If they still make the play, so be it. But make them execute and EARN it. No easy buckets! You have shown that you can make big shots in big games and that you are never scared to take the big shot. Be prepared to make that big shot late. If it is there for you, I KNOW you will make it.

Go Hawks!

That sounds like a pep talk someone would give little leaguers, not grow men making millions of dollars as professional athletes.

you know everyone says that but these millionaires already have their money, and don't get more to make money. Hell they usually have guaranteed money for years to come. They are still human beings who need motivating. If that wasn't the case home team advantage wouldn't be as strong. Everyone needs firing up.

Keeping the troops motivated is a big part of the coach's job, possibly moreso in the pro's than anywhere else. College guys need to do great to get noticed and make it to the pros and hopefully make money. These guys are already set for life. Actually keeping the guys motivated is one of the only things I will give Woody credit for throughout his time here even though his pregame speech was laughably bad last game

Quote:

you know everyone says that but these millionaires already have their money, and don't get more to make money. Hell they usually have guaranteed money for years to come. They are still human beings who need motivating. If that wasn't the case home team advantage wouldn't be as strong. Everyone needs firing up.

Keeping the troops motivated is a big part of the coach's job, possibly moreso in the pro's than anywhere else. College guys need to do great to get noticed and make it to the pros and hopefully make money. These guys are already set for life. Actually keeping the guys motivated is one of the only things I will give Woody credit for throughout his time here even though his pregame speech was laughably bad last game

I would hope that none of the players need a speech to get motivated for a playoff game.

At least Marvin can use the excuse that he is young. Bibby has just flat out sucked all around. he is getting clowed by a second year player who had a ton of doubters all season.

We need at least one if not both to have a better then average night for the Hawks to win.

JJ should be doubled early and often so Bibby and Marvin should both get some open looks early to get going on offense.

If Marvin could give us 20 and negate Piece's production then we should win !

Marv shoots lights out and leads us in scoring while playing less than 30 minutes. 18/4/2 with only 1 to. GREAT game. Shake'em Marv!

Bibby missed a few shots (including FTs) he should have made but he had 17/7 with ZERO TOs at PG against Rondo's GREAT D. Shake'em Bibby!