• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bibby was HUGE tonight

Admin

He sure hasn't been what I expected of him so far in this series BUT I will give him credit for being a lot better tonight than he has been. ZERO TURNOVERS TONIGHT and he made quite a few nice plays. Let's also be thankful that he was willing to defer to JJ which was the right call.

Quote:

I had to tape the game because I was working tonight, and I couldn't help but fast forward through a lot of breaks and probably some plays too, but from what I saw Bibby was bricking a ton of shots early in the shot clock. He was getting on my nerves.

Yeah, I concur. Had my fill of Bibby, definately. He was forcing his shot and couldn't hit an open three. He did take the ball to the bsket, but he was inconsistent from the FT line.

He did have a couple of good shots int he second half. He could have had a much better game, though, especially since he took so many shots that weren't early in the clock.

He shot poorly, very poorly, no doubt, but we can win without him scoring. As long as he is a threat to score that is huge for us but the biggest thing was that he played under control and didn't turn the ball over and he got guys involved.

Quote:

Missing shots and free throws. Hawks up three and he launched a wild three? No, he was terrible and the team won in spite of him. It's amazing and awesome that they were able to overcome his poor play.

Yeah, I give the rest of the team a lot of credit for not slapping the [censored] out of him after some of those shots.

Bibby missed that wide open 3 down the stretch and he missed a key free throw that would have put the game away. He was HUGE for the most part though. ALSO FOR ALL WHO SAY HE DIDNT PLAY D YOU SHOULD WATCH THE LAST SHOT BY RONDO. Bibby was guarding RAY ALLEN WHEN Rondo was desperatly trying to get the ball to him and kept him from getting the ball which forced Rondo to take that last shot. GREAT D.

You all should have heard him in the locker room in a post game interview...they asked something about Boston related to game 7, and he snapped back "I don't care about Boston, you'll have to ask them..."

It's weird how everyone fits a role on this team. Bibby does the talking to the Celtics, Horford pesters them on the court.

This series has been a lot of fun!

In response to Duke and Hunter S. Thompson, Bibby was huge tonight as a presence even if it won't show up in the score sheet. I was very happy with Acie's play - he is clearly the future but right now, Bibby has an experience and savvy that Acie just doesn't as a rook. I would like to see these two on the floor together more often next season. I was impressed with Acie demanding the ball to bring down even when Bibby was in the game with him. If Acie can develop a 3 ball, he will be a damn good one!

Quote:

Bibby was huge tonight as a presence even if it won't show up in the score sheet.

Arguments like this are nice, because there's no way to prove them wrong. I still think he hurt the team tonight. Way too many bad shots without even getting into the offense.

Bibby most certainly did not hurt us tonight....

He drew key fouls in the last few minutes and hit at least one jumper in the last 3 minutes. He also played great on-ball defense that resulted in missed FG's for them in the 4th. He was always in there wreaking havoc. Then there was the back to back possessions where Bibby got the assist, then hit the floater in the lane over KG after a steal. Bibby just showed assetiveness and savvy in getting Paul Pierce and others in foul trouble tonight and was the other guy next to JJ that we had to have get us into our offense. If you can't see this Hunter, you don't know basketball.

Quote:

Bibby most certainly did not hurt us tonight....

He drew key fouls in the last few minutes and hit at least one jumper in the last 3 minutes. He also played great on-ball defense that resulted in missed FG's for them in the 4th. He was always in there wreaking havoc. Then there was the back to back possessions where Bibby got the assist, then hit the floater in the lane over KG after a steal. Bibby just showed assetiveness and savvy in getting Paul Pierce and others in foul trouble tonight and was the other guy next to JJ that we had to have get us into our offense. If you can't see this Hunter, you don't know basketball.

You must have been distracted by bad jam music during all his amazing shot attempts with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

Well for the most part Bibby made poor decisions and took some tough, contested shots -- a few times in the beginning of the clock. We are limited offensively and can't afford to make some of the mistakes he made, especially when Joe's was finding people (Marvin) off the double/triple teams. And then he missed that free throw at the end that would have sealed it...

Still, his defense on Rondo at the end was awesome, he pushed the break a couple times in the fourth that led to FTs, and he he ended the game with 17 pts. In the end, our entire team was able to do enough things collectively to get the W...

Bibby outplayed Rondo last night and thats all that mattered to me.

Bibby doesn't look 100% to me. He is laboring on the floor and doesn't seem to have the "jump" he had a few weeks ago. He was still a steadying force out there and

ZERO TURNOVERS is huge. That counts for another 4-8 points IMO.

Bibby took some ill-advised shots last night and missed some FT's, but he definitely helped us out there. He actually played pretty good D, made some nice steals, did not turn the ball over, got to the rim (nice reverse falling down at end of third) and finished and created some looks for other guys (nice drive and dish to Horf for a dunk) and generally just did a nice job out there.

He certainly didnt play a perfect game, but to say he didnt help at all is asinine. He outplayed Rondo and was did a nice job as a floor general.

Now let's see if he can give us more than 5 pts and 1 assist in a game in Boston