• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Damn Chris Paul almost broke Bowens ankles

Admin

He is just putting on a show out there. What a stud. Not to bring up old ish, but it still kinda stings a little. I mean those are not slouches he is out there playing around with, those are the champs...It will be interesting to see how the Spurs respond in the series.

It will always sting to see he and Deron do great things but maybe Acie will develop into something special and continue "looking like Steve Nash controlling the baseline", according to Mark Jackson, like he did last night into the future for us and make us forget all about CP3 and Deron.

I think that the Spurs are in trouble. They have a great 4 who is more mobile that Duncan and their stud PG is better than the Spurs stud PG. This series is far from over but I don't see the Spurs beating them.

I think Acie could be special for us...he doesnt look shell-shocked out there and plays smart basketball lately (counting the last couple games of reg season and so far this playoffs). He just needs to be given consistent playing time...

Anyway, I missed the play because I turned the game off after NO starting winning big in the 4th. What a difference Paul has made with that team. And yeah, SA is in trouble. This series might go to 7 games.

CP3 not only is an MVP candidate (likely second to Kobe - but I dissagree with that) - folks have to realize that he has basically made David West into and all-star and got his coach a "major award"... scratchchin.gif

The Hornets would likely be in the lottery without him. How he's managed to do it I dunno...I sure ddn't see THAT much coming. To be honest, back in college when they caught him on camera whacking an opponent with a backhanded nutshot I thought he was probably a punk. Add to that the way J. Jack seemed to hold his own pretty good against him, I figured a fairly quick-but more physical PG could do the same in the pros.

Oh well, New Orleans has been through a lot what with the hurricane and all - I gues it is justice. As much as we complain about not picking him - were I a Jazz fan I'd be bummed too. Deron has turned into a very good PG but can you imagine the Jazz with CP3?

Quote:

CP3 not only is an MVP candidate (likely second to Kobe - but I dissagree with that) - folks have to realize that he has basically made David West into and all-star and got his coach a "major award"...
scratchchin.gif

This is absolute nonsense. CP3 has been amazing, no question. But West might be the most underrated player in the league right now. I realize that his stats jumped up when he was teamed up with Paul, but he is not getting all of his points / rebounds off of Paul. He has been playing out of his mind and taking all the best big men in the league 1-on-1 on both ends of the floor.

Also, I think I am one of the 5 people left who would still take Deron over Paul, despite Paul's MVP year. Paul is asked to do more on offense whereas Deron plays within a system more, which is one reason why Paul's offensive stats are better. Deron's larger impact on defense offsets that though. I guess what I'm saying is not that Paul is overrated, but that Deron is underrated.

It should be interesting to watch the Jazz and Spurs respond, that's for sure.