• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Well what now???

oiatlhawksfan

You have to resign both Smoove and Chill, They mean too much to this team to let them go. The players didn't even try to fight back. And it's really dissapointing. Woody just sucks at a coach his halftime speech was pathetic ...

Oh and ACIE has to be given a chance to prove himself next year

Fire Woody, re-sign Smith to something around 5/40-50, resign Childress, get a center, allow Law and Stoudamire to play a LOT more, develop bench, rotate players more so nobody plays over35mins a game except in a big game, look for some trades.

We need to trade for a shooter that is a legit contributor. Maybe we could get Jason Kapono or JJ Redick in a trade or free agency. Id also like to see us get rid of zaza and bring in a banger with good size who plays great defense and rebounds as well as a big guy who could shoot from 3. Maybe David Anderson will be that guy. Maybe a big trade with Indy could bring us Dunleavy, Oneal, and Diener for Smoove, Marvin, and Childress.

I dont get why people want to trade bibby. Once he gets healthy and plays a full year with us I see the hawks being a 3-6 seed next year in the playoffs.

Quote:

I say resign Smoove, Childress, and give Marvin his extension while he's cheap. Try to get Diop and Duhon in free agency.

there is no reason to keep Marvin.Just because he was a #2 pick.

Let us not over react, we overachieved in the playoffs and underachieved during the regular season. It's Boston's time, not ours. We fielded 22 year old 6'9'' and 6'10" FORWARDS as catalyst with basically no depth behind them THE ENTIRE SEASON.

WE NEED AN OFFENSIVE MINDED HEAD COACH. The 5 or so assistants can handle defensive schemes...

Individual players

J. Chill - A few teams should inquire and we should entertain reasonable offers...

J. Smith - Let the market determine his value and match.

Bibby - Not impressed at all and would let him walk to save 15+ million.

Zaza - Look above.

MW - Do or die up coming season for him.

- Try to bring in another star caliber player . . preferably Elton Brand. If that means not re-signing Smoove to get it done, so be it.

- If we can't get anothet star caliber player, re-sign both Smoove and Chill

- Start Acie at the point next year, no matter what.

- Trade Bibby at some point before the trade deadline to bring in either expiring contracts or at least 2 solid role players.

- Fire Woodson ONLY if we can get Avery Johnson, Mike Fratello, or some other experienced coach that stresses defense, but can also teach offense. Do not bring in an offense-first type guy.

- Try to find another quality big to add to the lineup.

Starting 5

--------------------------------

I agree with the notion of keeping Bibby. We only had him for a couple dozen games this year, and I'd like to see what would happen if he were there for a whole season, rather than basing your opinion on him trying to mesh with a team that he was traded to out of the blue.

I think Dolfan pointed this out, and I tend to agree, that Josh Smith basically bumbled his way out of getting a max deal. He's proven that at times, he can be an outstanding player, and then there's that nasty habit he has of taking jump shots and playing a tad bit too soft, knowing good and well that his game is above the rim. If he learns and accepts that, he'll be beastly. But until then, he's not worth max deal. At least not yet.

I've heard a lot of people say that they want Marvin gone, but who do you suggest we replace him with? Until someone comes up with a feasible replacement for the guy, we should keep him. Same with Chill.

Joe and Horford will obviously be the mainstays on this squad.

Bench

------------------

THIS is where we need to build. Our bench isn't really playoff quality. Zaza & Chill are the only 2 guys that had any sort of major contribution to the 'success' of this series. Chill can't be the backup for Marvin, Joe, and Josh. A 7 man rotation can not cut it. We need to look no further than the team that beat us. They built up a bench, and they advanced. We have no bench, we lose on the road. We need bigs to come off.

Coach

-------------------

Since Woody might be gone, we'll need a coach that's committed to a fastbreak game, but at the same time uses defense to back it up. D'Antoni obviously won't fit the bill, because if we hire D'Antoni then our offense will improve greatly, but our D will go in the tank. And as the Celtics have proven, D will get you places in this league. But yeah, we need a coach that will preach D, but at the same time advocate the fast break. We're at our best when our defense is creating fast break opportunities, because the Hawks are too athletic for most teams to handle when they're at their best. We need a coach that will coach to our strength, which is our athleticism.

Overall

---------------------

Basically, we need to build around our athleticism. We play athletic and run teams out of the gym, we win. We play half-court sets and slow down, we lose. Simple as that. If we do more of the former, instead of the latter with a new coach and a revamped bench, the Hawks will be a force in the East for the coming years. Bank on it.

Quote:

Starting 5

--------------------------------

I agree with the notion of keeping Bibby. We only had him for a couple dozen games this year, and I'd like to see what would happen if he were there for a whole season, rather than basing your opinion on him trying to mesh with a team that he was traded to out of the blue.

I think Dolfan pointed this out, and I tend to agree, that Josh Smith basically bumbled his way out of getting a max deal. He's proven that at times, he can be an outstanding player, and then there's that nasty habit he has of taking jump shots and playing a tad bit too soft, knowing good and well that his game is above the rim. If he learns and accepts that, he'll be beastly. But until then, he's not worth max deal. At least not yet.

I've heard a lot of people say that they want Marvin gone, but who do you suggest we replace him with? Until someone comes up with a feasible replacement for the guy, we should keep him. Same with Chill.

Joe and Horford will obviously be the mainstays on this squad.

Bench

------------------

THIS is where we need to build. Our bench isn't really playoff quality. Zaza & Chill are the only 2 guys that had any sort of major contribution to the 'success' of this series. Chill can't be the backup for Marvin, Joe, and Josh. A 7 man rotation can not cut it. We need to look no further than the team that beat us. They built up a bench, and they advanced. We have no bench, we lose on the road. We need bigs to come off.

Coach

-------------------

Since Woody might be gone, we'll need a coach that's committed to a fastbreak game, but at the same time uses defense to back it up. D'Antoni obviously won't fit the bill, because if we hire D'Antoni then our offense will improve greatly, but our D will go in the tank. And as the Celtics have proven, D will get you places in this league. But yeah, we need a coach that will preach D, but at the same time advocate the fast break. We're at our best when our defense is creating fast break opportunities, because the Hawks are too athletic for most teams to handle when they're at their best. We need a coach that will coach to our strength, which is our athleticism.

Overall

---------------------

Basically, we need to build around our athleticism. We play athletic and run teams out of the gym, we win. We play half-court sets and slow down, we lose. Simple as that. If we do more of the former, instead of the latter with a new coach and a revamped bench, the Hawks will be a force in the East for the coming years. Bank on it.

I agree, I don't know about Bibby, he is much better then Acie but I don't like the fact that he plays for himself and thinks it's cool.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Let us not over react, we overachieved in the playoffs and underachieved during the regular season. It's Boston's time, not ours. We fielded 22 year old 6'9'' and 6'10" FORWARDS as catalyst with basically no depth behind them THE ENTIRE SEASON.

WE NEED AN OFFENSIVE MINDED HEAD COACH. The 5 or so assistants can handle defensive schemes...

Individual players

J. Chill - A few teams should inquire and we should entertain reasonable offers...

J. Smith - Let the market determine his value and match.

Bibby -
Not impressed at all and would let him walk
to save 15+ million.

Zaza -
Look above

MW - Do or die up coming season for him.

Concur on all points.