• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'd like to see us acquire Steve Novak from Hou

Admin

The guy is 6'10 and can shoot as well as anyone in the league from deep. He is the next Kapono but has only been in the league a short while and is a relative unknown so we should be able to acquire him without giving up a ton. The Rockets have a team option on him and they may not pick it up.

Quote:

The guy is 6'10 and can shoot as well as anyone in the league from deep. He is the next Kapono but has only been in the league a short while and is a relative unknown so we should be able to acquire him without giving up a ton. The Rockets have a team option on him and they may not pick it up.

He wouldn't fit the Hawks, too many low IQ players, and he wouldn't raise the teams IQ, he would just be Crawford from Marq. part 2

Quote:

WHAT?? That may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You obviously know absolutely zero about Novak.

I watched the Rockets thoughout the season, he is not a good player. He is below average. He wouldn't help the Hawks at all. He fits well in Houston system but not Atlanta. Don't get it twisted, he wouldn't be good our system. In fact calling him Crawford was overrating him. He is not even on Matt Carroll level.

Quote:

Whatever you say Emmitt

Alrighty then Dee Brown

I knew someone would bring this up, especially after the last Houston game (before they went down in the series to Utah). He looked good, has size, and can shoot the rock. Admittedly, I was only able to see him that one game. It appears as though he is a SF (even at 6'10). Does he play any defense? Yeah, he is an unknown, so we could get him for cheap. But if he cant really play defense...

You seem to know about him Dolfan. Tell me more about this kid.

Either way, our bench needs help. We need more vets than youngins though...

I wouldn't expect anything out of him more than a high basketball IQ, good size, a lot of hustle, he would be very affordable, and he can shoot the 3 as well as anyone in the league. Since a lot of people want Jason Kapono I think that Novak would be equally as good of an option but he would cost a lot less.

Quote:

I wouldn't expect anything out of him more than a high basketball IQ, good size, a lot of hustle, he would be very affordable, and he can shoot the 3 as well as anyone in the league. Since a lot of people want Jason Kapono I think that Novak would be equally as good of an option but he would cost a lot less.

Kapono only got to grow because of the attention that Shaq and Wade got. Kapono is no where near as dangerous in Toronto then he was in Miami.