• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woody wanted CP3 & Roy...

Brotha2ThaNite

It's hard to imagine that Paul wouldn't have become a star anywhere he played and IF the report is true that Woody wanted Paul I'm sure he would have given him plenty of minutes. I think Acie would have gotten plenty of minutes this season as well had he not gotten hurt at the beginning. For whatever reason his confidence and Woody's confidence in him definitely changed after that injury.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

It's hard to imagine that Paul wouldn't have become a star anywhere he played and IF the report is true that Woody wanted Paul I'm sure he would have given him plenty of minutes. I think Acie would have gotten plenty of minutes this season as well had he not gotten hurt at the beginning. For whatever reason his confidence and Woody's confidence in him definitely changed after that injury.

My big theory about Woody and Acie is that when BK tried to get Woody fired, he started coaching just to keep his job instead of really trying to develop Acie. Al Horford came in here and was automatically the best center on the roster, even though he's actually a power forward. That's why he played Horford. But every time Horford got to 5 fouls, he sat him down for the rest of the game-he didn't want Horford to foul out so that people would ask "Why'd you put Al back in there with 5 fouls?"

He was trying to increase his job security, and since Acie wasn't the most polished PG we had on the team at any point-AJ played really well for us, then we acquired Bibby-Acie got shuffled to the back of the rotation. He couldn't afford to have Acie out there and be less than effective because he was so busy covering his own rear. But what really bothers me is the times that Acie would see the floor, be effective for like 5 minutes or so, and then sit for the rest of the game anyway. Not sure what that's about, but lack of trust is definitely in there.

Quote:

It's hard to imagine that Paul wouldn't have become a star anywhere he played
and IF the report is true that Woody wanted Paul I'm sure he would have given him plenty of minutes. I think Acie would have gotten plenty of minutes this season as well had he not gotten hurt at the beginning. For whatever reason his confidence and Woody's confidence in him definitely changed after that injury.

Actually it is. Becuase New Orleans had the coach, the system, and got the players around him to be good. See N.O. realized quickly that Paul could be great. They then started building around Paul through trades and FA's to be a championship team. You see they did what they had to do. They cut J.R. Smith who many fans felt at the time to be future VC pt. 2. They traded a talented vet in P.J. Brown for a expensive and presume bust T. Chandler who didn't fit in Chicago with Sikles. Sign a player who was presume to be on the downside in Peja, which created a core. Letting their proven backup(Claxton) go for a cheaper and unproven PG in Pargo who proved he could play in Chicago.

Their phliosophy was based on hard work, defense, and mixed speed pace offense that would seperate them from others in the NBA. So far, so good... No telling if Atlanta would have build around Paul, no telling if Atlanta would now have a post player if Paul was here. We can only go by the decisions that BK made in recent seasons, as it wouldn't be sweet for Paul as it is now.