• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How do you rate these PGs...

Diesel

Quote:

Straight from the Stus.

Magic, Isiah, Stockton, Chris Paul, Price, Kidd, Kevin Johnson, and Parker.

That is tough:

1. Magic Johnson

2. John Stockton

3. Jason Kidd

4. Isiah Thomas

5. Chirs Paul (can move up, only been in the league 3 years)

6. Mark Price

7. Tony Parker

8. KJ

What about Tim Hardaway and Gary Payton ?

Now there are some teams where I would prefer Paul over Kidd. However, on teams that lack scorers you got to take Paul over a younger Kidd.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Straight from the Stus.

That is tough:

1. Magic Johnson

2. John Stockton

3. Isiah Thomas

4. Jason Kidd

5. Chris Paul (can move up, only been in the league 3 years)

6. KJ

7. Mark Price

8. Tony Parker

Nice post coachx. I made my personal changes (rather than retyping). Paul is close to passing Kidd already for me based on Kidd's lack of scoring ability.

When I was younger I used to think Magic was a little over rated. I mean he was always on a team with great players with a great coach. He is one of the top pg's but I cant say he is the best. Everyone of those guys was dominant at certain aspects of playing pg. I cant even make a list of them but it sure looks like Paul has arrived and on his way to a career like those guys.

Magic was a freak of nature though. He could literally play all 5 positions. Kareem was great and didn't meed Magic. Worthy was great, but Magic made him a top 50 player. Byron Scott was a very good 2 guard who definitely benefitted from Magic's passing as he penetrated and kicked it out.

Plus Magic was clutch and hit big shots.

I may have put Paul too high, because to me, he hasn't had that one defining moment in his career yet. He's just been great all-around so far, but hasn't had that "ball in your hand with time running down" moment, to win a game. But Paul right now is a better passing version of Isaiah with similar scoring ability.

• Moderators

Quote:

But Paul right now is a better passing version of Isaiah with similar scoring ability.

I think Isiah has a significant edge in scoring ability. Isiah kept his scoring in check on a team oriented, balanced Pistons squad and played in an era where you could grab and hold the PG all the time - unlike today.

I think you guys are over rating Magic. He was great on the offensive end, but he couldn't guard the quicker point guards...

I would go...

Magic, Isiah, Stockton, Chris Paul, Kidd, Kevin Johnson, Parker and Price

Isiah, Stockton, Paul, Magic, Johnson, Parker, Kidd, Price

Quote:

Straight from the Stus.

Magic, Isiah, Kidd, Stockton, KJ, CP3, Price, Parker.

I would take Gary P over KJ and on...

Pistol Pete is third on my list.

Tiny Nate, Earl the Pearl, too many to name.... CP3 has a ways to go. Parker will never get there.