• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rumors that Dominique will become GM

KB21

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would like to know the three names that Chris Dimino says Dominique would have drafted and/or acquired that he won't reveal on the radio.

Whoever the GM is they need to set down with the coach and make decisions together on player acquisitions and I get the feeling that didn't happen with Woody and BK.

I still don't understand after the Bibby trade why the Hawks did not sign a veteran big man.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dominique Wilkins and Mike Fratello would work great together, IMO.

I wouldn't mind that combination at all. Like I said the other day, I think Fratello could guide Nique as a GM because Fratello is a smart veteran Coach!

Plus, they would have a top flight assistant GM in Gary Fitzsimmons that has been around the block. For those that don't know, Gary is the guy in Cleveland that negotiated the Kevin Johnson for Larry Nance deal, which is a trade that worked out for both teams. So, Gary has been around the block.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Plus, they would have a top flight assistant GM in Gary Fitzsimmons that has been around the block. For those that don't know, Gary is the guy in Cleveland that negotiated the Kevin Johnson for Larry Nance deal, which is a trade that worked out for both teams. So, Gary has been around the block.

In Cleveland it was Wayne Embry... People talked about Embry being in FULL Control.

• Premium Member

What was Joe Dumars experience?

What about Danny Ferry's?

What about Rod Thorn's?

Nique is being disrespected in the media because he doesn't have the title Assistant or Scout.

If Harold Ellis is made GM and Nique is not... then there's a problem in basketball.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I hope Dominique does not become the GM because I don't like the idea of the franchise being forced to fire him if things don't work out. Give him the Bernie Mullins/figurehead roll.

First of all, The franchise would not fire him. What they would do is move him into the organization in another role AND they will bring in a better more experienced GM if that's the case.

2nd... Money wise, keeping Dominique makes sense if they decide to keep Wood.