• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rumor...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

what sources?? have a link?? thanx

I was listening to the Stus... and a caller offered that up with a Sothron like source. That's Why I say rumor...

However, Ellis is not a celebrated name so to me that gives the rumor some credibility.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/general_info/Harold_Ellis_Bio.html

Sounds like a budget move to me.

I do like the fact he has worked in scouting. He must have recommended that we tale Paul or Deron over Marvin and recommended we stay away from Shelden. The Knight trumped and made the bad choices even though his scout advised against it......Maybe ?

He has to have given the owners some different and better insite then what BK was selling them and over time they say Ellis my be better for the job.

Then again it could just be a cheap move to get a puppent GM.

• Premium Member

Quote:

http://www.nba.com/hawks/general_info/Harold_Ellis_Bio.html

Sounds like a budget move to me.

I do like the fact he has worked in scouting. He must have recommended that we tale Paul or Deron over Marvin and recommended we stay away from Shelden. The Knight trumped and made the bad choices even though his scout advised against it......Maybe ?

He has to have given the owners some different and better insite then what BK was selling them and over time they say Ellis my be better for the job.

Then again it could just be a cheap move to get a puppent GM.

I think it's a bit of both.

He's a puppet GM... who won't fire Woody.

However, he's a guy with some usable experience. From what I remember, he was a guy who did overseas scouting for us before becoming head scout.

I think you still do due dilligence and look at Fittzimmons and Nique too. The fact that we go into this process negating Nique is silly.

Ellis, the son of educators, has a master's degree in sports management and administration from the U.S. Sports Academy in Daphne, Alabama. He is pursuing a Ph.D. in sports psychology at San Diego University for Integrative Studies. He attended Frederick Douglass High School in Atlanta

Above is from his profile on NBA.com

I really like the fact the guy is book smart. Being a GM is alot more then just evaluating talent. If you don't know the business side (like I. Thomas) you cripple your organization for years).

He has his masters (in a area realted to sports management) and is going after a Ph.D. That tells me this guy is very smart and has drive......the smartest guy in the room type. He seems more qualified then Nique (who doesn't even have a bachelors degree) to be a GM of a franchise. Continue to let Nique get invlolved in player development and talent evaluation but keep him away from the business decision.

Just my 2 cents !

Quote:

He must have recommended that we tale Paul or Deron over Marvin and recommended we stay away from Shelden. The Knight trumped and made the bad choices even though his scout advised against it......Maybe ?

That's what I was hoping. Maybe this guy has been opposing BK's draft picks all along, and one day the owners woke up and realized that Ellis was right and BK was wrong.

Quote:

It doesn't really matter who the GM is. Gearon is pretty much in charge now. It look like he has been tainted with the power that Belkin was.

Agreed. They want a 'yes' man who will be a figure to carry out what they want. He's perfect.

Quote:

Quote:

It doesn't really matter who the GM is. Gearon is pretty much in charge now. It look like he has been tainted with the power that Belkin was.

Agreed. They want a 'yes' man who will be a figure to carry out what they want. He's perfect.

Basically. Gearon is the psedo GM of this team...which is the same thing he had problems with Belkin about.

I can definitely see Harold named Assistant along with his Head of scouting duties. He has been a soldier for a long time. A very good ball player in his own right and He is From the Swat.

I still believe it is Fitzsimmons job with Ellis next to him. Especially since 'Nique cannot be fired.