• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks ask permission to speak to Denis Lindsey

NJHAWK

Quote:

According to John Hollinger. Lindsey is the Spurs assistant gm. Hollinger also confirms Billy King is a strong candidate for the job.

It is nice to see that they are looking at outsiders with no ties to the Hawks. That would certainly be my preference.

Quote:

According to John Hollinger. Lindsey is the Spurs assistant gm. Hollinger also confirms Billy King is a strong candidate for the job.

BILLY KING? That is absurd! If we hire him, we will be way worse off than we were.

• Moderators

Quote:

That team has done it right for a long time so you have to think that some of Buford's knowledge will rub off.

Wouldn't that remind you a bit of the Falcon's recent GM hire?

Lindsay's only been with the Spurs for a year... he was a longtime asst. GM/VP with the Rockets, and people thought he was being groomed for the GM job in Houston but was unexpectedly passed up by the Rockets owner.

He apparently pushed hard for Yao to be drafted, was high on Amare Stoudemire when he came out, does a lot of international scouting (Nachbar), and is active working the phones (although his track record is mixed regarding trades). It looks like he has a solid scouting background and decent connections, with experience at winning teams... I prefer this to a random ex-player who we think may/may not be a GM guru ('Nique, Steve Smith).

He's definitely my #1 choice considering the only substantial thing we've heard otherwise is Billy King....

Quote:

Quote:

That team has done it right for a long time so you have to think that some of Buford's knowledge will rub off.

Wouldn't that remind you a bit of the Falcon's recent GM hire?

it also reminds me of the Woodson hiring.... assistant to a championship coach (gm now).