• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Carmelo Anthony is on the block--SMoove+fillers???

Wurider05

Quote:

Quote:

I have the perfect trade:

Marvin and Bibby for Melo/Steven Hunter

Sign Earl Boykins

Sign more FA's and bring in Andersen

Acie/Boykins

JJ/Chillz/West

Melo/FA

Horford/Smith coming off the bench in a Ginobili role/Solo

Hunter/Andersen/Zaza

It wouldn't matter, he isn't going to play a lot minutes... J. Smith will get most of his minutes...

This may be the first thing I have agreed with you on....Lol. I probaly would have Hunter coming off the bench though.

For the other poster: Plus Denver is cap tied 82 mil, their fanbase is saying trade the thugs. Even though Melo isn't a thug to me, you can't tell some of the fanbase that and that is hurting the Nuggets. The bottomline, the Nuggets aren't going to win a title in the current West so you might as well rebuild. Marvin to many scouts still can be a great player, not a superstar but a great player. I think he could be a All Star but it's more then likely he's marginal All Star.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys really dislike Melo that much??? wow..he is a good young talent. Sure, he's made some mistake but JSmooth is not on Melo's level yet in term of talent..Melo and one of the better scorers in the league!! I like Josh SMith alot and think he has all star potential and he's a hometown guy but I would send Smith and Marvin to Denver for Melo and 2nd rounder. Our lineup would be: Bibby, Johnson, Melo, Horford, Pachulia-i'd take the so called "risk" of having Melo on my team. Thats a better starting 5 than we have now but we would have to sign some FAs to give us some depth

Are you guys kidding me? They are only a year apart in age and one is an established All Star. Do you know how INCREDIBLE a JJ/Melo/Horford core would be? It would have to be some type of 3 way due to the fact that Smoove will be BYC but if Smoove is the only significant player going out (no JJ, Horf, Marv or Chillz), I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I don't usually disagree with you, but I do here. Carmelo is a shot chucker that does not have an all around game and has no desire to defend. You cannot build a championship team around a player like Carmelo Anthony. He's nothing more than a slightly more athletic Glen "Big Dog" Robinson.

You have been spouting that nonsense about Carmelo since before he was drafted and it's just as false now as it was then. It wasn't until the Nuggets got AI that the Nuggets became a bad defensive team. Is Carmelo a great defender? Nope, not even close, but he is as good defensively as 75% of the players in this league and significantly better than 90% of them offensively. You say you can't build a championship team around Carmelo and yet he single handedly took a Syracuse team that had no business in the sweet 16 and they ended up winning the NCAA title in his freshman year. He is a perennial All-Star and an Olympic teammate of Joe Johnson. For as much good as Bibby did JJ this year Carmelo would be twice as good.

Quote:

You have been spouting that nonsense about Carmelo since before he was drafted and it's just as false now as it was then. It wasn't until the Nuggets got AI that the Nuggets became a bad defensive team. Is Carmelo a great defender? Nope, not even close, but he is as good defensively as 75% of the players in this league and significantly better than 90% of them offensively. You say you can't build a championship team around Carmelo and yet he single handedly took a Syracuse team that had no business in the sweet 16 and they ended up winning the NCAA title in his freshman year. He is a perennial All-Star and an Olympic teammate of Joe Johnson. For as much good as Bibby did JJ this year Carmelo would be twice as good.

I don't remember much about that NCAA season, but I imagine that a lot of the good players who would have been competing against him had been drafted out of high school.

Regardless, I think he's soft and not the kind of guy you build a team around. On or off the court.

Oh, I forgot that he is the only player on his team.

Then again it might be that you can't have 2 players who shoot that much on one team and expect to win on a regular basis, at least under the George Karl style of offense.

They didn't even win a game. No doubt LA was the better team, but Denver should have atleast won a game. I don't believe Denver got out of the first round before AI was added. The Hawks got three wins... Philly got two. Yet, Denver got NONE.

Mello is a very good player, but he is not a great player. It's nice what he did in college, but that's a different league.

This fan base is funny. Complain about Marvin's lack of versatility in his game, an Smoove's BBIQ and shot selection all day long . . but wouldn't want JJ to team up with a top 5 SF in this league?

Once again, here is the main ingredient for most championship teams.

Have 2 guys who are legit All-Stars, plus a 3rd guy who is very good

JJ + Melo + Smoove or Horford. Or ish, Smoove and Horford and JJ and Melo.

Melo is an ELITE basketball player, arguably a top 10 player in the league. Yet people don't want him? Insanity.

Melo solves just about every offensive problem this team currently has. He can score on the block, giving us a potent low post scorer. He can make the 3. He can create off the dribble. He shoots almost 50% FG. He's a great rebounder for a SF. And he can pass.

This is just another instance of Hawksquawk not thinking clearly.

The Hawks were giving up around 105PPG the second half of the season. What is Anthony going to do to improve that?

Answer: NOTHING. Scoring 110PPG got his team embarrassed and swept in the first round. The only team that got swept was Denver. I would take Brand over Anthony at this point. The Hawks defense would probably improve atleast.

He is the second coming of Glenn Robinson. Glenn was an all world scorer as well, but he did nothing else on the floor. That's Carmelo Anthony's game. When he doesn't score, he doesn't effect the game in any way. Carmelo gives no effort defensively. He doesn't pass the ball. And to top it off, he is a thug.

I love how you throw that thug word around so carelessly. What has Carmelo done to be a "thug"?

Oh and for the record Glenn Robinson isn't half the scoring threat that Carmelo is. Carmelo can score any way that he wants and Robinson was a mid range jump shooter. Not even remotely the same thing.

Big Dog never broke anybody down off the dribble and finished with authority. Their games are totally different. Melo can fill it up with the best of them. He has game inside and out, off the bounce, can pass it and finish through contact.

I love Josh as much as the next guy but even if he develops he will never be what Carmelo is now.

Glenn Robinson can't touch Carmelo Anthony.

I dont know about a thug, but watch the Knicks fight again, he did throw that punch in the fight back when..

knicks vs nuggets

There isnt any evidence that he would be a + influence off the court/lockerroom.. so there is definately some risk..

Its tough to move marvin+bibby+1st for him and figure out how to refill the starting PG spot. Maybe if Childress could net us Calderon...but i doubt it.

A smoove trade would be interesting, but i would resist giving up another asset with smoove for him.

And yah, he was unstoppable with the USA team, single handedly carrying the scoring load at times. But its like everyone says, it seem he has reached his peak at his young age...and alot of it has to do with his mentality.