• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Carmelo Anthony is on the block--SMoove+fillers???

Wurider05

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

The Hawks were giving up around 105PPG the second half of the season. What is Anthony going to do to improve that?

Answer: NOTHING. Scoring 110PPG got his team embarrassed and swept in the first round. The only team that got swept was Denver. I would take Brand over Anthony at this point. The Hawks defense would probably improve atleast.

Riiiiiiight.

And the offense would stay exactly the same with Melo on the Hawks?

Subtract Smoove and Bibby from the Hawks, and add Melo, and we have a good shot to beat Boston.

Subtract Marvin and Bibby from the Hawks, and add Melo, and we beat Boston in 6 games.

Subtract Smoove and Bibby from the Hawks, and add Melo, and we have a good shot to beat Boston.

No.

Melo couldn't even help Denver win 1 game. Yet, he is going to help the Hawks beat Boston. lol

Come on. There were not even all that close to winning in 3 out of those 4 games. They lost by 14 points or more in 3 out of those 4 games.

And the offense would stay exactly the same with Melo on the Hawks

The Hawks averaged about 104PPG after the allstar break. They're not going to do much better than that.... No doubt Bibby had alot to do with the Hawks scoring more in the second half of the season. The Hawks are not going to average 104PPG minus Bibby/Smith and adding Mello.

• Admin

At least he's still got some upside, there's still a good chance he could "get it". Melo is nothing but an expensive chucker that doesn't play defense. That's all he'll ever be, no way would I hitch my wagon to him. Are we just making up trades for anything that's available?

How could we not take an established All-Star....some of you ppl kill me lol.........Only on Hawksquawk would ppl reject Melo the way some of you are.And now Melo is a "shot chucker"?Hell you could call kobe a shot chucker.He's not the best defender,but i think that he is a better defensive small forward than bibby is a pg.We would be crazy not to take Carmelo,i dnt really wanna trade smoove though,maybe bibby and marvin.Knowing our luck marv would go to Denver and be a 20+ ppg guy.Again the thought of not wanting Melo is crazy.

Quote:

Riiiiiiight.

And the offense would stay exactly the same with Melo on the Hawks?

Subtract Marvin and Bibby from the Hawks, and add Melo, and we beat Boston in 6 games.

No doubt.

Carmelo is what you want in Marvin's wildest dreams.

I think Denver may want to get under the luxery tax. Adding JSmith does not much for the tax. Maybe they will rather take Marvin and Chillz.

Carmelo is an elite talent. If this (Marvin and Chillz for 'Melo) can happen, I still shop JSith for a center. JSmith for Bynam perhaps.

Quote:

How could we not take an established All-Star....some of you ppl kill me lol.........Only on Hawksquawk would ppl reject Melo the way some of you are.And now Melo is a "shot chucker"?Hell you could call kobe a shot chucker.He's not the best defender,but i think that he is a better defensive small forward than bibby is a pg.We would be crazy not to take Carmelo,i dnt really wanna trade smoove though,maybe bibby and marvin.Knowing our luck marv would go to Denver and be a 20+ ppg guy.Again the thought of not wanting Melo is crazy.

+1 to the pro-Mello crowd. Personaly he's not one of my favorite players but I do understand he is one of the top players in the NBA. I can understand some of you not wanting to cheer for him in a Hawks uni but your reasoning is at the very least insane. Who cares what he did in the playoffs. Look at Lebron in this years playoffs...you still wouldn't take him? KG, Pierce and RayRay had playoff troubles in years past and 2 of them can't play D but I'd still take any of those 2 ( I hate Pierce) in a heartbeat. The 3rd I'd still give in and cheer for.

You guys are nearly out of your minds not wanting a Mello-type player in here. Arguing over letting JS go is a legit argument but arguing Mello's ability is borderline koo-koo.

Not that I am aware of, but then again I'm probably not the target audience for a DVD like that. As far as I know he hasn't assaulted a fan, beaten a woman, been arrested for drugs, harmed a child or animal, or been in any gangs. Those are "thug" behaviors to me. Jim Boheim is one of the most respected coaches in the history of the college game and said that Carmelo was one of the best and brightest kids he has ever coached. If he is a "thug" then a lot of people have been very wrong about him.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I love how you throw that thug word around so carelessly. What has Carmelo done to be a "thug"?

Didn't he appear in some DVD put out by some drug dealers or something that was entitled "Don't Snitch"?

According to the Denver media (with pictures):

Quote:

Denver Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony is featured in an underground DVD that is circulating in his home town of Baltimore, Md.

Carmelo Anthony appears in a DVD called "Stop Snitching" with a self-confessed drug dealer.

The DVD is called "Stop Snitching" and shows alleged drug dealers talking about what happens to people who cooperate with the police, and Anthony is standing next to one of them.

He is also seen on the DVD talking about his Olympic bronze medal and saying that he threw it in a lake. The man he stands next to later goes on to tell how he would take care of snitches by "putting a hole in their head." However, Anthony does not appear to be taking part in that portion of the discussion.

Anthony, 20, doesn't respond to any of the comments about violence, except to laugh.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/3967329/detail.html

3967366_200X150.jpg

"Carmelo Anthony appears in a DVD called 'Stop Snitching' with a self-confessed drug dealer."

Quote:

Not that I am aware of, but then again I'm probably not the target audience for a DVD like that. As far as I know he hasn't assaulted a fan, beaten a woman, been arrested for drugs, harmed a child or animal, or been in any gangs. Those are "thug" behaviors to me. Jim Boheim is one of the most respected coaches in the history of the college game and said that Carmelo was one of the best and brightest kids he has ever coached. If he is a "thug" then a lot of people have been very wrong about him.

I don't really use the word thug. I don't think he's a particularly great guy from what I've seen, but that's not the reason I don't want him either.

That is pretty disappointing, but I hardly think appearing in a DVD makes him a "thug". Maybe he has done more than that, maybe he hasn't, but if this is all he has done then he isn't guilty of anything more than making a stupid decision.

I can understand an argument being made against him as a basketball player and I am admittedly biased as a Syracuse fan, but he is a far better basketball player than he is given credit for. If Marvin + Childress could get us Carmelo I would do it in a heartbeat. If I had to give a max contract to either Smoove or Carmelo I would be trading Smoove in a second for Carmelo as well.

• Moderators

Quote:

That is pretty disappointing, but I hardly think appearing in a DVD makes him a "thug". Maybe he has done more than that, maybe he hasn't, but if this is all he has done then he isn't guilty of anything more than making a stupid decision.

Yeah, it appears to me that he didn't have a clue that this would be distributed as a DVD. At the same time, hanging out with drug dealers talking about shooting snitches in any context doesn't earn you a lot of brownie points with me.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, it appears to me that he didn't have a clue that this would be distributed as a DVD. At the same time, hanging out with drug dealers talking about shooting snitches in any context doesn't earn you a lot of brownie points with me.

Somebody mention J.R. Rider?