• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It's official.

Diesel

1. They won 66 games in the season...I am no Mathlete but I assume that means they won away from home.

2. anyone who thought Boston had a 'dream team' was kidding themselves. Allen, Pierce, and Garnett have all been mentally outmatched throughout their careers. I am going to enjoy watching a tough team kill them.

3. Who said we were building a team on the series? It was good for the kids, but our GM quit right after and the coach may be next...stay tuned.

4. I knew once Boston lost, I would see a thread exactly like this in here. The team did a good job. Don't act like it is tarnished because the Cavs won a home game.

regular season means nothing now.They've choked outside of Boston all post season.Ray Allen hasn't been able to hit a shot to save his life.If they lose the rest of the road games against Cleveland then that better assure Woody's gone,even though he should be regardless.

Alteast from watching the CLE series thus far.

Cleveland is much more competitive in Boston and while the Hawks were eeking out home wins so far (and CLE will have to do it 2 more times) the Cavs are much more dominant against Boston at home.

Hey I had a BLAST @ Game 3 @ Phillips.

Having said that I think many of us are a little guilty of over sweetening the Koolaid.

we could of really beaten these guys. If we had homecourt advantage we would of won forreal man!!! lol Boston is a bit overrated and doesnt know how to win on the road against a hostile crowd..that will hurt them if they make it to the next round to play the Pistons

• Premium Member

Quote:

Boston sucks away from Boston.

We can't build a team based on that series. We have to work to get better.

The crazy thing is that Boston had the best road record in the entire NBA this season.

Boston doesn't play THAT much worse away from home, it's just that other teams play so much better at home. Boston's offense in the playoffs has been essentially the same at home or on the road, but other teams are playing better on offense. Smith hitting tons of threes, Bibby 18 point first half, JJ taking over the fourth quarter, etc..

Quote:

IT's official that HCA means something in the NBA.

Teams in the 2nd round have almost been perfect at home.

If you are trying to take away from the Hawks accomplishment, then you are kidding yourself. If we stunk, we would have gotten swept live Denver or lost in 5 like Phoenix

BTW, Cleveland won ONE game. We won THREE.

You were just looking for something to take away from us.

But no matter how you spin it we have one of the most promising young rosters in the league.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

If you are trying to take away from the Hawks accomplishment, then you are kidding yourself. If we stunk, we would have gotten swept live Denver or lost in 5 like Phoenix

But no matter how you spin it we have one of the most promising young rosters in the league.

I'm not taking away from the Hawks. I'm making it known that the Celtics road team is not as good as the Celtics home team. We played well, but let's admit the fact, in 2 of the 3 home games, we can see places where the Celtics beat them selves. IN all three cases, we played from behind. I would have loved to see us steal one in Boston, that would have meant much more. However, now, we have to consider that maybe they're just a bad road team.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not taking away from the Hawks. I'm making it known that the Celtics road team is not as good as the Celtics home team. We played well, but let's admit the fact, in 2 of the 3 home games, we can see places where the Celtics beat them selves. IN all three cases, we played from behind. I would have loved to see us steal one in Boston, that would have meant much more. However, now, we have to consider that maybe they're just a bad road team.

So...you're belittling the Hawks' great first round. That is "taking away from the Hawks". This board kills me. I get the impression that if we won a title, the next year we'd say it was bogus because the team we beat lost to the Clippers. People here need to lighten up. We won some playoff games against the best team in the NBA. Enjoy it. Sheesh.

• Premium Member

I'm not belittling the Hawks accomplishment. I'm saying that we can't expect them to be a 60 win level team based on what they did to the Celtics. We cannot even expect to win every home game.

That's not belittling the Hawks, that's looking soberly at our win and the situation.

• Admin

I called it when they made those trades. They're not a championship caliber team because their "stars" aren't championship caliber players. They don't have one guy that you can just give the ball to and say "get me a basket". Garnett is the greatest 2nd fiddle player in history, but that's what he is. They don't play great defense (KG is the only good defender they have) and their coach brings nothing special to the team. He may well be the most inconsequential 60 win coach in history.

What gives first? They win on the road or lose one at home? I say they lose one at home. This is the 2nd time they've given all the momentum away going back to Boston and I say it bites them this time. Cavs in 6.