• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Much ado about nothing??

Wurider05

• Premium Member

Quote:

1. What's wrong if with keeping our current starting lineup to go to battle with next year?

We can't shoot. Our current problems will not go away just because we hope they do.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Bibby is a small guard. If he were more durable, he could drive and kick better.

Problem is he has noone to "kick" to. Even if he drives, who does he kick to other than JJ who receives the most defensive attention? Noone, because we can't shoot, it really wouldn't help that much if Bibby was better at it.

That's a great point and one that I would have spoken to in smooth/horford thread yesterday if the post i wanted to reply to wasn't buried so far up in the thread so as to make my response late/irrelevant.

At any rate...You ABSOLUTELY need shooters to spread the floor when and if AC takes the reigns of this team, especially if you have Horford and Smooth on the floor with him. Everyone knows Acie's shot is a little suspect right now. While that may or may not improve, what he does well is get to the hole and dish. If we don't have guys on the wings that force the defense to stay out on them then that will effectively render AC's game useless.

Opposing D's will just sag down and there will be nobody to dump off to, forcing AC to either (a) get his shot beat into the 3rd row or (b) force Smooth to be a jump shooter.

Hopefully Andersen will help alleviate some of this problem but if AC is gonna take the reigns of this team we are going to need more perimeter shooting.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby is a small guard. If he were more durable, he could drive and kick better.

Problem is he has noone to "kick" to. Even if he drives, who does he kick to other than JJ who receives the most defensive attention? Noone, because we can't shoot, it really wouldn't help that much if Bibby was better at it.

Bibby was raised on High pick and Roll. He can kick to Horf at the high post or Smoove at the high post. Go watch some Adelman films and watch how it's done. Better yet.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

• Premium Member

Let me ask this..

For many of those years in Sac-Town, who was his three point shooter other than Peja?

The layout of those Kings teams were similar to ours... and they were successful.

You seem to have twisted my argument. I am talking about the future, not next year. I dont see us keeping Bibby on long-term. Maybe that is an unwarranted assumption on my part, but if he stays he is going to have to take a massive pay cut.

I am talking about when/if AC takes the reigns. From what we know of him to date, he has a good ability to penetrate but a shaky jump shot. As our roster is currently configured, that will create a dearth of perimeter shooting, allowing teams to pack it in on us or even zone us.

The high pick and roll was effective in Sac-town, to be sure, but that was because both CWebb and Bibby were money from mid-range, and CWebb was lethal going to the basket. Plus you had Peja bombing from outside, and Christie could give you some streak shooting. Vlade was there to clean up around the basket.

I don't see how Sacramento's team is really applicable to us going forward long-term. Horf would have to improve offensively by leaps and bounds to get to Webber's level in his prime, and AC and Bibb's games are totally different.

Josh Smith is also not near the offensive threat that Webber was.