• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ESPN's Stein: Mavs possibly targeting Smoove

TheNorthCydeRises

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. You only trade Smith for another star caliber player. If the Mavs have something in mind, it has to be some sort of multiple team deal that sees us getting a very nice player in return. Marvin is pretty much progressing at the same exact rate as Howard, so it would be redundant to trade for a guy like Josh Howard. So if they want Smith, talk to another team that can send us a very good player, because Dallas has nothing we can use, outside of Dirk.

And I also agree that Smith should work on everything besides shooting in the offseason. Work on a go-to move in the post. Get stronger. And most importantly, get and plat tougher.

A three team (or more) deal is going to be hard to pull off. But you have to listen. I am of the opinion that very few players are un-tradable in sports. Smith is in the get max value realm, but not untouchable. Gregg Maddux in his prime was untouchable (why did the Cubs let him go?). Jordan/Bird/Magic/ all the same. In the current NBA the only guys I would not trade are:

LeBron

Kobe

Wade

Dwight Howard

Horford

Chris Paul

Deron Williams

Duncan

Parker

Other than that, as a GM you have to listen but be overwhelmed for guys like

Greg Oden (needs a season to see what he can do, may move to untouchable)

Brandon Roy

KG

Arenas? (if healthy he may go up a notch)

Amare

Mota Ellis (that kid is amazing)

Devin Harris (horrible trade by Dallas)

Loul Deng

Brand

Bosh

Deliberate Omissions from the 2nd tier:

AI (old)

Carmelo (headcase?)

Dirk (box of Klenex)

I can't think of more guys right now, but I am sure this sort of listing could be expandanded greatly

Does anyone think that Dallas may offer Kidd as part of a deal for Smith? Kidd is not nearly enough IMO due to age, but Kidd would certainly be a GREAT addition to the Hawks.

Horford had a nice rookie year, but to put him in the same category as some of those other guys at this point is premature.

Adding Kidd helps Smith and Horford but does hurt in shooting. Kidd, however, can shoot and is an all-around better PG than Bibby. I guess what I am thinking was, would Kidd be part of a trade discussion.

I wouldn't mind the Hawks trading Bibby for Kidd. I have no idea if Dallas would do this, but they have made worse moves.

Adding Kidd helps Smith and Horford but does hurt in shooting. Kidd, however, can shoot and is an all-around better PG than Bibby. I guess what I am thinking was, would Kidd be part of a trade discussion.

Huh? Adding Kidd does hurt in shooting... Yes! Kidd, however, can shoot? NO!