• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Marvin now or...

joshuaneder

Quote:

Yes.

We don't HAVE to make a decision on MW yet but it would be smart to. That decision IMO is to trade him. Preferably packaging him with ZaZa to get a better big or even a Pg (Calderon)

Mind you, if I can get excellent value for Childress in a trade I would do that also. However, I'm counting on the all but gone fairy dust formerly surrounding MW to still glint and catch someone's eye. Trade him and you might get more while also retaining the more productive player in Childress.

W

Does this post look familiar?

Quote:

We can anticipate the 61.7 million dollar luxury tax figure in 2007 will not exceed $65 million in 2008.

We're at $44 million without JS or Childress resigned and with only EIGHT players under contract. If JS at even $11 million starting we are at $55 million. Fill out another 2 slots at $1 million per and it's $57 mil. Childress at $6.5, $63.5 million. No matter what sappy ownership wants to convey, they aren't going this high IMO, and frankly I do not see them resigning Childress. This isn't even approaching Andersen. Geeze.

When I ask for proof people bring up what 1 of our owners said contrary to the salary facts. You've got to be kidding me when people buy this BS all the time.

And your salary number was conservative.

Quote:

The number should be about $51M just counting players under contract right now:

Al Horford 4.0

Acie Law IV 2.1

Joe Johnson 14.2

Speedy Claxton 5.8

Mike Bibby 14.5

Marvin Williams 5.6

Zaza Pachulia 4.0

Solomon Jones 0.8

So how exactly will we resign both Joshs and fill the holes on the roster without going well over $70 million in salary?

click

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Floyd, some in this fan base are absolutely CRAZY.

Marvin and Chill are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT PLAYERS that perform in 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT WAYS. I think thoe of us who don't have a agenda against either player, can see that.

For a guy that is supposedly one-dmensional, Marvin sure does get to the FT line a lot, even though he didn't even attempt over 1,000 shots this year. Very few "shooters" can get to the like over 15% of the time, like Marvin can. That's a very important aspect of his game that he can continue to develop, along with his shooting. LOL . . but people contend that he is a bust.

Chill is an energy guy that does a lot of things to spark this team. His ability to get to the hole, even though he doesn't have much of a jumper, is an important part of his game. Because of his hustle and energy, Chill gets to the line an awfully lot. His ability to rebound on the offensive end is also huge for this team. But some absolutely dismiss these aspects of his game as being not really important to this team.

For those of you that recorded Game 6, go back and watch that game. You'll see the best of Marvin and Chill on display. Each guy played a critical role in that victory that night.

Yes, Marvin does have more of a chance to be significantly better than Chill as their careers progress, because Marvin has more tools in his offensive game. But Chill, as long as he stays healthy and gets 26 - 30 minutes a game, can be a perennial 11 - 15 point and 5 - 7 rebound guy for the next 5 - 7 years.

Translation: Neither player is some scrub that we shoud just arbitrarily give away, just to obtain a better shooter or to add depth. Both players have proved that they can co-exist, and compliment each other . . and the team . . very well.

With a 7 - 8 deep roster, the obvious thing to do is just go out and ADD another shooter, while keeping BOTH Marvin and Chill. A lot of you are semi-believrs in David Andersen, so maybe he can provide that. Even with Andersen, we should still look to add a FA shooter. If Jeremy Richardson wasn't totally clueless on defense, he could be that guy for 5 - 8 minutes a night.

You only move these guys for a proven low post scorer ( something we still don't have ), or a vet star perimeter guard/forward that could compliment JJ better.

But let's keep it real folks. Marvin or Chill aren't the reason why we lose games, or why we lost in the playoffs. Bibby was supposed to be the guy that not only put to rest our PG issue, but also be the one who could provide a tremendous boost to our outside shooting prowess. He did just that for about 3 weeks in March, but started to tail off in April.

Then he flat out sells us out in the Playoffs, especially with the games in Boston. Trade Marvin or Chill? Ish . . how about trading Bibby for either Kidd, or even a guy like Marbury.