• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

CHRIS SMAUL

NJHAWK

Where the F did he go in the 4th quarter. He evaporated and was content to let Pargo run the entire show in the biggest game in their franchises history. He stuck out like a sore thumb on defense as well. He played the stretch of that game like he was allergic to the basketball. I could see if he had Jordan or even somebody like JJ at 2 guard to take over the game but to hide and let Pargo decide your fate. lmfao if Joe did something like this there would be at least 10 trade Joe threads.

Yes I think it's pretty obvious now that Billy Knight made the correct pick in 05. What was that with Pargo??? He all of a sudden became the franchise? Paul should have gotten into him after some of those shots, but he acted like he didn't really want it.

FYI this thread should be in the "Around the League" forum.

Yeah, New Orleans really disappointed me tonight. Not only Chris Paul, but David West disappeared and they didn't even try Tyson Chandler either. That's their three best players, IMO, but none of them got involved. Pargo was trying to become the star, and he had some success, but where was Paul driving and kicking out, or whipping the ball around like he does? That was a big mystery.

And how do you not get David West involved, either? I like the Hornets' squad but they really let me down tonight. I thought they'd come out and sew this thing up.

Quote:

Yeah, New Orleans really disappointed me tonight. Not only Chris Paul, but David West disappeared and they didn't even try Tyson Chandler either. That's their three best players, IMO, but none of them got involved.

I don't know about Chandler, all he seems to do is catch lobs from Paul. I would think Peja would be their third best player, but he was awful.

Quote:

Chris Paul and big games don't mix well.

I was so hopeing that N.O would have won. I hate the Lakers and Celtics always have always will. I can barely tolerate Detroit and am just plain tired of seeing the Spurs again and again. N.O would have been so easy to cheer for but oh well. I mean its not even like you can say Paul choked, he didnt eat anything to choke in the 4th. It looked like he took himself out of the game even though he was on the court. I cant recall a big time player like that just flat out not wanting to be anywhere near the ball down the stretch. The closest thing in my mind is Larry Johnson vs Duke when he was on UNLV.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, New Orleans really disappointed me tonight. Not only Chris Paul, but David West disappeared and they didn't even try Tyson Chandler either. That's their three best players, IMO, but none of them got involved.

I don't know about Chandler, all he seems to do is catch lobs from Paul. I would think Peja would be their third best player, but he was awful.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I've just always been big on Chandler, and I really thought they needed to bust the ball inside more during that third quarter when they couldn't hit any jumpers.

But that's another point, Peja disappeared in crunch time, also. Throw in Mo-Pete, who wasn't on the floor late, and their entire starting five laid a huge egg in the second half. San Antonio was trying to give the game away, too. They were missing a lot of shots in the fourth quarter and played generally sloppy. New Orleans was getting ton of offensive rebounds.

Quote:

Where the F did he go in the 4th quarter. He evaporated and was content to let Pargo run the entire show in the biggest game in their franchises history. He stuck out like a sore thumb on defense as well. He played the stretch of that game like he was allergic to the basketball. I could see if he had Jordan or even somebody like JJ at 2 guard to take over the game but to hide and let Pargo decide your fate. lmfao if Joe did something like this there would be at least 10 trade Joe threads.

Chris Paul nor the young Hornets were ready for the pressure of a game seven. Although Peja is a vet he never performed well in Sac town in the clutch in the playoffs. These guys just have to learn from this and move on. I like what they said in the post press conference though. They said there are no moral victories. How they will have a short summer and get back to work. Paul also mentioned how he expected to be back next season. I hope the Hawks players feel the same as the Hornets after there exit out of the playoffs.

Quote:

lol this is funny.It's very clear that you guys want him to fail, because your mad that he is so better then our guy.
munching_out.gif

I don't have anything against Paul. I just expected a better game 7 performance considering he's been playing like a future hall of famer all season.

Actually, when Pargo was trying to take over the game, all I could think about was Tyronn Lue. That's some stuff that "the Artist formerly known as The Closer" would do.

As for Paul, what you saw tonight was a guy that didn't have enough confidence in his long range jumper to take over the game himself. He still did his thing by setting people up though. But like somebody else said, where was Peja? We all know he has a history of flat out disappearing in big games.

But this should also be a lesson to some of you who think all we need are more shooters. When you go cold like the Hornets did in the 3rd, you have to take the ball to the hole and at least try to get to the line.

Their defense was excellent in the 4th though, and Pargo almost saved the day for them with his shooting. But it was the cold stretch of shooting in the 3rd, without getting to the line, that got them in that hole in the first place.

Don't trade all of our slashers, just to add shooters.

• Premium Member

Quote:

But this should also be a lesson to some of you who think all we need are more shooters. When you go cold like the Hornets did in the 3rd, you have to take the ball to the hole and at least try to get to the line.

How did the Spurs win that game? Oh yeah, they made shots. And this isn't a problem anyway because we still have Smith and Horford who score inside, Acie is our future and he is definitely a slasher, and JJ can also post up and/or get inside. That's 4 out of 5. We NEED a shooting SF if those players are in our future starting lineup.

Quote:

Don't trade all of our slashers, just to add shooters.

If we keep Childress and Marvin, when will these shooters get PT? Chill is the 6th man and Marvin is the starter, so we would predominantly have non shooters in the lineup, that doesn't work.

Marvin isn't a slasher AT ALL. He's actually one of the worst slashers and finishers in the entire NBA. But like I said it wouldn't matter anyway because we still have 4 starters in our future that can score well inside.

Quote:

lol this is funny.It's very clear that you guys want him to fail, because your mad that he is so better then our guy.
munching_out.gif

I don't want him to fail. I enjoy watching the guy play. It's no more his fault that BK didn't draft him as it is Marvin's that BK drafted him. And I have no problem admitting he's better than Marv. I've moved on.

But facts are facts. He disappeared down the stretch in a game 7. If he's going to get the lion's share of credit for the Hornets season, he deserves a good chunk of the blame for not coming through when it mattered.

Look, Paul is great, and he'll be great for awhile, but he's not perfect, and Hawks fans can point that out without being "bitter."

Quote:

Quote:

munching_out.gif

I don't want him to fail. I enjoy watching the guy play. It's no more his fault that BK didn't draft him as it is Marvin's that BK drafted him. And I have no problem admitting he's better than Marv. I've moved on.

But facts are facts. He disappeared down the stretch in a game 7. If he's going to get the lion's share of credit for the Hornets season, he deserves a good chunk of the blame for not coming through when it mattered.

Look, Paul is great, and he'll be great for awhile, but he's not perfect, and Hawks fans can point that out without being "bitter."

I see what your saying , but a guy wouldn't start this thread in the "homecourt forum", and Misspell his name on purpose unless you have an agenda.

So, the guy had a bad game .

18 PTS 14 ASTS 8 REBS 5 STLS is alot better than anyone on our team did in game 7.

The sad thing is that , his "bad game" would be the Best game of Marvin and Childress's career.