• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bucks open to trading pick.

exodus

Quote:

Bucks May Trade Pick

May 20, 2008 - 2:01 am

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel -

As Milwaukee tries to get back into the playoffs, trading their lottery pick may become a possibility, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is reporting.

We're open to anything," general manager John Hammond said. "And we should be. Don't you think?"

The Bucks current sit at position 7 ahead of the NBA Draft lottery, which takes place tonight ahead of the Pistons-Celtics game 1 clash.

Hammond said he was not opposed to trading first-round draft choices.

"With our situation and where we're at as an organization today, I don't think we can be opposed to anything," he said. "We have to be open to any or all discussions. When we say we're going to explore all possibilities to improve this roster, you would have to be open-minded to anything, including maybe even including the draft pick." [READ

Anyone know much about the players who will be available at that pick? I sure don't but i would still probably trade Marvin or Childress for it.

Quote:

Quote:

Bucks May Trade Pick

Anyone know much about the players who will be available at that pick? I sure don't but i would still probably trade Marvin or Childress for it.

I think if we trade a starter for a pick ...... then we would be headed in the wrong direction.

We're young enough already.We needs some vets.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bucks May Trade Pick

I think if we trade a starter for a pick ...... then we would be headed in the wrong direction.

That is true, but cost is now becoming an issue. Rookie contracts are cheaper. Childress and next year Marvin are about to get more expensivee and their production isn't that great. It isn't like either has made himself irreplaceable.

Adding a rookie contract would make it easier to spend the money to bring in vets not just this summer but down the road.

There have been some quality players at 7 and the Hawk's don't exactly have players that fit a team scheme.Sure you could draft a dud but good teams find quality players. Who knows perhaps another Brandon Roy could be there or similar that would make the Hawk's a better team.

I'm not sure if we have the pieces to make it happen straight up... would love to pick up a true center prospect like Brook Lopez or JaVale McGee, but I don't think offering Marvin or Chills would be enough since they're rebuilding and value those picks highly. Also, we're trying to compete sooner rather than later....

Quote:

I'm not sure if we have the pieces to make it happen straight up... would love to pick up a true center prospect like Brook Lopez or JaVale McGee, but I don't think offering Marvin or Chills would be enough since they're rebuilding and value those picks highly. Also, we're trying to compete sooner rather than later....

As far as i know the Bucks only real 3s are Mason and Bobby Simmons who both suck. They have a lot of guys who shoot from the outside but i believe Redd may be the only guy who really takes it to the rim.

Checking out their board on RealGM the small forward spot is a big priority with them. They have a lengthy thread about it right now. Both Childress and Marvin have been mentioned. Here is the opening post.

Quote:

I think upgrading the SF position in the offseason is one of our bigger priorities, and Hammond has said so as well. However, there a few issues:

1. This is a horrible SF draft, probably the weakest position

2. We have about $15M committed to Mason and Simmons for next year

So what do we do? Assuming we do not draft Gallinari, which is the only SF I see going in the lottery right now (unless you count Randolph as one, and he's more of a SF/PF), we're looking at either a trade or using the MLE.

Looking at the FA list, here is some guys I think we could obtain with the MLE:

Childress

Pietrus

D. Wright

Gomes

Wells

That's essentially it. Of those guys the only one that I think is a major upgrade is Childress, but would be happy adding any of them to the roster.

The next is trades. What starting caliber small forwards are available and what would it take to land them?

We've talked about Carmelo and RJ, probably the two most talented guys that might be on the block, what does it take to land these guys?

What about Battier? Could we get Battier/Reed for Mo?

Josh Howard for Redd?

Mo/CV for Marvin Williams/Law?

I think we need to make a move at this position. Simmons/Mason is not cutting it. What direction would you like to see?

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=790003&start=0

I would rather have Mo Williams than Bibby. I'm not ready to trade Acie yet though. The Bucks pick isn't all that appealing right now but if prospects such as Javale McGee and Robin Lopez show well in pre draft workouts then the Hawks may gain interest. The Trailblazers pick at 13 probably could be had with Chillz or Marvin as well. I could see a deal including:

#13/Pryz/James Jones

for

MW/ZaZa

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how Mason/1st for Childress/Jones works from a salary cap perspective. Childress can't be traded until after the draft, and at that point, the 8th pick is worth about $2.4M. Mason is at $5.4M for next year, meaning they can take back anywhere between $6.16M and $9.9M. Since Chills at that point will be BYC (can only take back 50% of his salary), Chills doesn't work.

Marvin/Jones for Mason/1st works either before or after the draft, but not sure I'd do that one. Must be better value out there for Marvin.

I got this from the Bucks board.

Quote:

In the last week, several officials from both the Eastern and Western Conferences acknowledged the Bucks have been gauging the interest other teams may have in some of their players. The most notable one is All-Star shooting guard Michael Redd.

Redd is unquestionably the Bucks’ best player, the one who would bring back the most in a trade. However, while Redd is one of the most prolific scorers in the league, some teams are reluctant to take on his sizable contract. Redd will make $15.78 million and $17.04M over the next two years, respectively.

What’s more, Redd has a player option for $18.30M for the 2010-2011 season.

Besides Redd, Bucks forward Charlie Villanueva is drawing more than a passing interest from other teams. Several teams are intrigued with Villanueva’s potential, especially considering he is only 23.

In a recent interview with The Journal Times,
Bucks general manager John Hammond said the one position he would like to "address’’ is small forward. Desmond Mason and Bobby Simmons are the Bucks’ current small forwards and both are coming off pedestrian seasons.

I saw that as well Ex,

Their board seems fixed on getting Carmelo while trading Charlie V and Redd. The Hawks really can't match Carmelo in players that we could give up, with the exception of JJ and Josh Smith. Smith, of course, wouldn't give them what they need in a slashing SF.

That said, its only a message board and who knows what sort of offers the Bucks will get. Actually, if you think about it, Denver would have to trade AI if they get Redd. That backcourt would blow defensively AI+Redd= YIKES!

Quote:

That backcourt would blow defensively AI+Redd= YIKES!

That is what everyone said about AI and Carmelo and we saw how that worked out. After a season and a half they are looking to trade melo. You think they would be looking to trade melo if miller was there?

I think Redd is probably the best player we could get without giving up Smith or Horford. I think Bibby/Marvin for Redd/Mason (or worse case Redd/Simmons) would work.

A Red-JJ backcourt certainly is unconventional. Would Redd then be the primary ball handler? I know JJ has said he doesn't feel like he's as effective being the primary ball guy. Offensively that bc seems really good, but defensively, eh, not so much.

FWIW, I would rather have Hienrich than Redd.

Quote:

A Red-JJ backcourt certainly is unconventional. Would Redd then be the primary ball handler? I know JJ has said he doesn't feel like he's as effective being the primary ball guy. Offensively that bc seems really good, but defensively, eh, not so much.

FWIW, I would rather have Hienrich than Redd.

Huh? Who said anything about a Redd-JJ backcourt? JJ easily has the size to play the 3. He is only .25" shorter than Smith and Marvin.

Bibby/Marvin/Law IV for Redd/ Mo Williams/ Ramon Sessions

pg: Mo / Sessions

sg: Redd / Childress

sf: JJ / ?????? You can sign Ira Newbil or Demarr Johnson to a 10 dacontract shrug.gif

pf: Smith / Andersen

C: Horford / Zaza shrug.gifshrug.gif

If they've got Mo Williams, why would they want Bibby? Now, we could swap Bibby/Speedy/Marvin for Redd/MoWill/Charlie V. Would they do it? I certainly would......

Williams

Redd

Johnson

Smith

Horford

Law

Childress

Villanueva

Anderson

Pachulia

Jones

I love the look of that team. That gives us some scorers off the bench.

Bibby

Mason

Williams

Yi

Bogut

Personally, I think that lineup is a substantial dropoff from what they've got now, but it certainly gives them a great deal of financial flexibility going forward.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bucks May Trade Pick

bingo