• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who can we trade with to move back into the 1st?

gsuteke

Quote:

Personally, I don't want any draft picks. We need VETS. There's a reason that so many team are looking to trade away their picks this season... few guys who will make an impact in the next 1-2 seasons. A bunch of projects... and haven't we had our fill of projects? At some point, we have to stop running a Junior Achievement branch and employ adults to supplement our already youthful core. NO DRAFT PICKS.

Spend on some vets like Kurt Thomas, Jarvis Hayes, Chris Duhon, Fred Jones, Francisco Elson or Adonal Foyle (who may opt out). All of those guys should be on the lower end of the pay scale.

My thoughts exactly. Acie is essentially our 1st round pick for this year. Give me a few quality vets over these young kids any day of the week.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Why the HELL would thay want Marvin Williams? The only player we have that they'd be remotely interested in is Bibby.

Why wouldn't they want Marvin.

Gibson, Bibs, Bron, Williams, Big Z...

or

Bibs, Bron, Williams, Smith, Big Z..

You have to realize that they don't really give up anything but a rookie that won't play.

I don't think that they would cry of Snow, Jones, or Wally.

Quote:

16. Philly

17. Toronto

18. Washington

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. New Jersey

22. Orlando

23. Utah

Target: Roy Hibbert/Robin Lopez

Center prospects the Hawks could use:

Kosta Koufos 7-0 252 C Ohio St. Fr.

JaVale McGee 7-0 237 C Nevada So.

Nikola Pekovic 6-11 243 PF Serbia 1986

Alexis Ajinca Age: 20, 7'1", 225 lbs.

Jason Thompson Age: 21, 6'11", 250 lbs.

This kid right here is the one I would trade a future first or Chilldress to get in position to draft. We won't contend for the conference for another 2 years or so and by then he should be ready. Long, athletic with great reflexes, only issue is his strength.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

16. Philly

17. Toronto

18. Washington

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. New Jersey

22. Orlando

23. Utah

This kid right here is the one I would trade a future first or Chilldress to get in position to draft. We won't contend for the conference for another 2 years or so and by then he should be ready. Long, athletic with great reflexes, only issue is his strength.

225???

Dude is rail thin. Moreover, european and rail thin. Excuse me while I say.... SOFT...

We're not exactly in a win now championship mode. By 2010, I would expect differently but he can gain 20-25 pounds easily by then. He has a 7'8" wingspan and an outstanding shot blocker. Time will tell but I expect him to shoot up the draft charts.

I've seen him listed at 240. He may not ever be ready for the NBA but his potential is through the roof.

• Moderators

Quote:

We're not exactly in a win now championship mode. By 2010, I would expect differently but he can gain 20-25 pounds easily by then. He has a 7'8" wingspan and an outstanding shot blocker. Time will tell but I expect him to shoot up the draft charts.

I've seen him listed at 240. He may not ever be ready for the NBA but his potential is through the roof.

Just remember...

act_martynas_andriuskevicius.jpg

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Martyn...riuskevicius-40

- I'm not sure if Cleveland would do that trade... they wanted Bibby for the same reason we did, and ultimately got Wally to fill that role as a shooter to spread the court for Lebron. Wally's a better, more consistent shooter, costs less, is taller, etc.... and both he and Bibby are overpaid. I think they'd move him if the right deal came along but I don't think this is it. Also Marvin's value at this point is still based on his potential, and Cleveland's not interested in that...

- I'd prefer to add vets to the team, as well. While it's true that we don't have a real center, I think that with better coaching and some luck at the PG position (a more productive/less injured Bibby and Acie's development) we could improve quite a bit. With that being said, if we feel we can't keep Chill and Marvin long-term it might be better to trade one for a pick and sign a vet wingman as a backup...

Quote:

Quote:

Why the HELL would thay want Marvin Williams? The only player we have that they'd be remotely interested in is Bibby.

or

You have to realize that they don't really give up anything but a rookie that won't play.

1) Marvin isn't a PF.

2) They have Ben Wallace.

3) They're not gonna say "Lebron, we're gonna play you at SG now that we have Marvin. He's displacing your position"

4) Wally Sczerbiak is a better shooter than Marvin.

5) Recent mocks have Cleveland drafting guys like Chris-Douglas Roberts and Nicolas Batum. These guys won't play?

6) Cleveland hasn't even HAD a first round pick since 2004. That's the reason their draft picks aren't playing-they haven't MADE any. Daniel Gibson, though, worked out well for them as a second rounder.

7) They have Joe Smith.

8) This is a deep draft and everyone knows it.

9) Mike Bibby is a one year rental who may or may not improve their team.

10) They have guys like Daniel Gibson and Delonte West who need be resigned.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

or

1) Marvin isn't a PF.

2) They have Ben Wallace.

3) They're not gonna say "Lebron, we're gonna play you at SG now that we have Marvin. He's displacing your position"

4) Wally Sczerbiak is a better shooter than Marvin.

5) Recent mocks have Cleveland drafting guys like Chris-Douglas Roberts and Nicolas Batum. These guys won't play?

6) Cleveland hasn't even HAD a first round pick since 2004. That's the reason their draft picks aren't playing-they haven't MADE any. Daniel Gibson, though, worked out well for them as a second rounder.

7) They have Joe Smith.

8) This is a deep draft and everyone knows it.

9) Mike Bibby is a one year rental who may or may not improve their team.

10) They have guys like Daniel Gibson and Delonte West who need be resigned.

Let's put it like this.

If Cleveland doesn't put guys who are ready to play around Lebron he will be leaving (probably at the end of next year). Bron sees the writing on the wall. Big Z and Wallace are down hill. They made a mistake trading Gooden and Hughes. Wally is on the last year of his contract. FAs don't want to come to Cleveland. I don't think Ferry and company are enamoured with #19 in the draft because they have to prove to Lebron that they can build around him. Marvin is a good solid player who has potential. Anyway you slice it Marvin/Bibby is an upgrade over Wally/Jones.

So the question is why these guys for us.

My thinking is this. All these guys have ending contracts. My thoughts are on Horf. I want to reup Horf early. I also want to have some cash to go after free agents. We get Speedy off our books!

• Premium Member

Quote:

16. Philly

17. Toronto

18. Washington

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. New Jersey

22. Orlando

23. Utah

We need vets not rookies. I do not want to trade to get into the first round. That is just stupid and Hibbert is sooo soft. We need a Shooter off the bench and a solid rebounding post off the bench and we will be fine.

Move into the first round???? That is just dumb!

Surprised that no one has mentioned Chill, probably becasue we need to keep him. but he's the kind of guy that would fit with their team.

I don't want to trade any valuable asssets to get into the draft. I agree we need a strategic vet here or there and maybe get into the top of the second round as I've posted before. I think there are a lot of bigs there that will be available .. . young but available.

Quote:

Are you kidding me? Have you ever seen Ajinca??? He will never be a NBA player, he would break all his bones if he came in contact with Shaq or other heavy big men. I know some guys on this forum live in some kind of dream world where everybody can gain 50-100 pounds in a couple of months, but in reality it doesn't work like that. He's currently listed 210 lbs by his club, here is a picture of him I posted in my FIBA U19 World Championship thread:

1147015093.jpg

He's an above average talent for some Euro clubs, but no way he can play in the NBA. Right now he's averaging 5/3 in 11 minutes for a mediocre french team.

Pekovic on the other hand is a good player, he was probably the best center in the Euroleague last season, but he said that he just doesn't like the NBA, so chances that he would come over are slim to none, but I would maybe invest a 2nd rounder to secure his rights just in case he changes his mind.