• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Some serious confusion about this 1st round, read.

Admin

In reply to:

Hawks Say Pick From Sixers Unprotected, Sixers Say Otherwise

The trade is final, but even after this long 2 day negotiation is over, some discussion remains.

The deal that sent Glenn Robinson to the Sixers and brought Terrell Brandon and his incredible disappearing cap number to Atlanta has also yielded the rights to Randy Holcombe, some cash, and more importantly, a future first rounder.

However, there is already some dispute over the conditions of that pick.

The Sixers say the pick is a 2007 first rounder, as do the Hawks.

Then the differences come into play.

The Sixers say that it's protected, Top 15 in fact.

The Hawks say it's unprotected, theirs for the taking come 2007.

They might both be wrong.

According to RealGM's Draft Keeper Howard Mass, the Sixers owe a first rounder to the Nuggets, as a residual of the Kenny Thomas, James Posey deal.

That pick is Top 8 protected through 2005, Top 5 or 6 protected in 2006, and unprotected in 2007.

Wait a minute, you might say, how can Denver AND Atlanta possibly get the rights in 2007?

Who knows. More might be revealed as Billy Knight emerges from his trading hideaway and talks to the AJC, but for now all we know is that the Hawks have a first rounder at some point coming from the Sixers.

Unless they deal their 2007 pick all over again in another deal.

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=331

This obviously came from JWalkers article over at RealGM. Boy this thing sure does sound like a mess. I wonder how this is going to get resolved.

I have heard you whine about the Hawks, the Titans, video games, white girls, movies, politics, etc. There is absolutely no end to how much you will whine and complain about. Everything is so negative to you no matter what. You know that your opinion will never truly be appreciated or even considered when you are so one sided. You are like the evil version of Hawksfreak or Hawksman or whatever the little guy calls himself now.

Well,I'll be poking fun at them this year when they

are trying to score 80 points.

" You know that your opinion will never truly be appreciated or even considered when you are so one sided."

We live in a negitive world.That's just the ways things

are.

My point is that it wouldnt matter if the Hawks were the top seed in the east because you would still be complaining about something.

Sorry but I dont live in a negative world. Sure everything isnt roses every day, but I am still an optimistic person and that makes life much more appealing to me. I have my bad days just like anyone else but I have far more good days and they help balance each other out. I just cant understand how you can be so negative day after day after day about everything.

Well a FAR FAR off pick that Detroit got from Vancouver sure helped them out a lot didnt it? I think they had to wait 5 years for their pick and ended up getting a stud in this draft because of it. Now I doubt we will get that lucky, but who knows what pick that could be. Just wait and see how this all unfolds, but to answers your question you are [censored] right that I am happy that we got a pick out of this........

People always use an exception to the rule to try

and make their case...Funny stuff.I'm sure you'd

be happy for anything that fat cow Knight would

do.

Who's the Hawks 3rd scorer now?Theo?Boris Delow?

The pick should be in a year or two then it would be

a better deal.

I am happy about anything. Any pick that we get because we never have to even make that pick, but we can use it in our deals. Say that we offer that pick to the Clippers for Lamar Odom in a SnT deal for Nazr or something like that? There is no telling how much that pick could help us out in the long run.

I look at the deals Minnesota/SA/Kings and LA have

made...Ours doesn't even compare.

I know you think being patient is the key...However

when I see we are going to throw this lineup on the

floor....

JT/DD

Daiw/Hansen

Dermarr/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

When I see that we are going to throw that out there

I want to puke.I'm sure we'll pickup a couple of meaning

less FA's like Darrell Armstrong...But we lack talent overall.

I just don't see much young talent or ways to improve.

Honestly,we probably should trade Theo if this is rebuilding.. there is no point in keeping him.

Without a bunch of draft picks we dont have a super promising future, but who knows what will happen. If Diaw and Hansen turn out to be good ball players and then next year we draft another good young player, combined with what we have and the salary cap room that we will have, this team should be just fine. Honestly just getting Big Dog off this team should help a bunch, but we definitely need to resign Glover or DJ and add some players like Armstrong or Piatkowski and hopefully Odom.

If we add Odom I'll gladly eat my words.Otherwise

I'm not ready to count on Diaw and some mormon

white dude that was a 37th pick.

IF this is another lame rebuilding process why keep

Theo?The team isn't going to win this year...So why

keep him?