• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Could we see Major Changes???

Diesel

Quote:

The reason JJ wants Woodson back is because he allows the "vets" free reign to do what they want basically.

Thats what it boils down to basically. I would love for ASG to hire a GM that has the freedom to make moves as he saw fit without the interference of Michael Gearon jr. Also for him to hire a coach that makes good in game decisions. Unfortanetly I don't think they will do either.

and how many teams in the playoffs this year where even remotely close in age and playoff experience to the Hawks? The Hawks played like a young team in the playoffs for the first time, holding serve at home and playing like we are capable of playing, and we played well below our capabilities on the road, not the other way around.

Quote:

and how many teams in the playoffs this year where even remotely close in age and playoff experience to the Hawks? The Hawks played like a young team in the playoffs for the first time, holding serve at home and playing like we are capable of playing, and we played well below our capabilities on the road, not the other way around.

None of that matters to people who have an agenda.

The real Hawk's were a below 500 team got crushed by the Celtic's every game in the reg season. The home crowd made such a difference the Hawk's won every game yet the Hawk's got crushed in Boston every game. Detroit just beat Boston in Boston ,Cleveland played Boston much better than the Hawk's did in Boston. Yes the real Hawk's were the ones in Boston not in Atlanta.

Quote:

Quote:

...I think the scary thing is JJ is saying we don't have the players to get it done.

The other thing scary that JJ is saying is that Woody is doing a good job and he was the reason JJ wanted to come here!??!!?

Yep.

Another year of Woody is going to crush my soul, and this year was the first that I followed the team.

I don't think I can take anymore 0-6 from the 3 point line games out of Smith, but I know they're coming.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

...I think the scary thing is JJ is saying we don't have the players to get it done.

The other thing scary that JJ is saying is that Woody is doing a good job and he was the reason JJ wanted to come here!??!!?

Yep.

Another year of Woody is going to crush my soul, and this year was the first that I followed the team.

I don't think I can take anymore 0-6 from the 3 point line games out of Smith, but I know they're coming.

It has been hard on all of us fans watching Woody coach. Just think about what it must feel like for the players in the locker room minus JJ. He is like Woodys favorite child but he doesn't know how to handle his other kids(Smoove, Marvin, the entire bench). The bench players have been very tenative and have played with no confidence. Thats because the coach hasn't instilled any in them. He made acie look like a second round draft pick this season. It is imparative that this franchise get a leader who knows how and when to inspire and motivate. At the same time when to pull a guy to the side(even JJ) and let him know the team needs something different than what he is trying to bring. Smoove needs to find a role and stick to it. But who is going to tell him what he should actually be doing on the court?

• Premium Member

Quote:

It has been hard on all of us fans watching Woody coach. Just think about what it must feel like for the players in the locker room minus JJ. He is like Woodys favorite child but he doesn't know how to handle his other kids(Smoove, Marvin, the entire bench). The bench players have been very tenative and have played with no confidence. Thats because the coach hasn't instilled any in them. He made acie look like a second round draft pick this season. It is imparative that this franchise get a leader who knows how and when to inspire and motivate. At the same time when to pull a guy to the side(even JJ) and let him know the team needs something different than what he is trying to bring. Smoove needs to find a role and stick to it. But who is going to tell him what he should actually be doing on the court?

The hard things about Woody's coaching:

1. The lack of discipline that the players show. JJ has been very outspoken in saying that when we follow what coach says, we win. It's almost as if there are factions on the team.. As coach, it's his job to set the tone and to make sure that factions don't exist.

2. The lack of development of young players. It's bad to watch Flip Saunders develop a guy like Maxille. or Mike Brown develop a guy like Daniel Gibson. or Doc Rivers develop Rondo. or Eddie Jordan develop guys like .....

The point is that Woody doesn't develop squat. Thank god Horf was ready to play when he came in.