• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just bought some 360 games... Good or bad deal?

Plainview1981

Quote:

I just bought:

Madden 2007

Project Gotham Racing 3

Tony Hawks Project

Gears of War

I got all 4 for 37 bucks off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...:MEWN:IT&ih=019

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...:MEWN:IT&ih=020

Good or bad?

I think it's a good deal.

I really liked Gears of War, but i pretty much like any game that lets you can play story mode with Co-op players.

I hear none of the 360 Madden games or great, so I got one at a bargain price and I just hope it's serviceable. The racing game... Hope it's decent. When you take away what I paid for GOW the other three are basically like 13 bucks. If even 2 of the 3 are ok, they should cover the price for them.

Pretty crappy. But I haven't bought by like one game in the last year/1 and a half.

Phantasy Star(Won out of the game machine at wal-mart)

Perfect Dark(Beat it)

Call of Duty 2(Beat it)

WWE Raw vs. Smackdown 2007(Beat it)

NBA2k6(Beat it)

Fight Night Round 3(Beat it)

King Kong(Haven't even played it)

Burnout(Solid)

Need for Speed(ok)

Madden 2006(Sucks)

African Safari(Gift)

Project Gotham Racing

Madden 2007

Tony Hawk

Gears of War

Not a very impressive list. So now that I got my system back I need to buy some quality games.

Quote:

I'm pretty good on Fight Night. I can beat the computer with the weakest created fighter and the computer on the hardest level. However, I'm horrible against human players. Mainly button mashers. It never fails.
I always get my @ss kicked by button mashers.

Yeah, same here. My uncle never played the game before, and I played him three times and only one once. I'm a very good counter puncher, and I like playing with boxers like Manny Pacquiao (because I'm Pinoy). I like to fight realistically against the computers, and I don't throw haymakers all the time with Manny. I play strategically and go for the boxer's weakspots in where I may see them. lol

Anyways, not that I'd think you'd care much or anything, but I'd just like to post my 360 game collection. Tell me what you think of it. I've had my 360 since Christmas (I got the first one with a defect though so I had ship it back to them around February.) I'll put it in the order that I got it.

-Marvel Alliance/Forza Motosport 2 (Got them free with my XBox Premium Package)

-Mass Effect

-NBA 2k8

-Grand Theft Auto IV

-Lost Odyssey

-Assassin's Creed

I've played games like Gears of War and Halo 3, but without multiplayer for Halo 3 I didn't really find it that much fun. And I'm really not in the mood for shooter type games right now. I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed and NBA 2k8 (I'm 14-18 in NBA. I play on Superstar mode with ofcourse the Atlanta Hawks).

Anyways, yeah. I bought Assassin's Creed for $26 including shipping used on Amazon.com. They have some good prices there sometimes, and I'd recommend you go there if you want to buy any used games.

The big guys are always the most easy to beat. Those light quick f*ckers sometimes beat me. Counter punches is big.

I can't decide if I want to get Grand Theft Auto or not. Is it really any better than the other ones? I don't want to buy the game if it's just like or worse than the other versions which I have played to death.

Most of the time I played WWE Smackdown and NBA2k6 before my system died. Also, I'm one of the few that likes Perfect Dark and I played it often.

Quote:

The big guys are always the most easy to beat. Those light quick f*ckers sometimes beat me. Counter punches is big.

I can't decide if I want to get Grand Theft Auto or not. Is it really any better than the other ones? I don't want to buy the game if it's just like or worse than the other versions which I have played to death.

Most of the time I played WWE Smackdown and NBA2k6 before my system died. Also, I'm one of the few that likes Perfect Dark and I played it often.

Here, I hope this helps you make your decision on whether or not you should buy GTA IV.

Here's the initial review from a site that I really admire/respect for what they've done. Their writers don't get paid, but they still make the best reviews out there - but keep in mind that at the end of the day, this is just another man's opinion, and you can find many other opinions out there. However, I think the reviews in Saving Progress are written by the top writers out there. Here's their review.

http://savingprogress.com/grand-theft-auto-iv/

And here's their article where they call it 28 Days Later where they review the game over again kind of. They talk about it after the hype/excitement has washed off a little. I HIGHLY recommend you read this as well.

http://savingprogress.com/28-days-later-grand-theft-auto-iv/

Quote:

I just beat GTA 4 on Monday. I didn't buy it though, I just rented it a couple of times from blockbuster.most of the time I keep a game until they call me and tell me to bring it back.

They don't chatge me any late fees.

You should just rent it first, then if you like it , buy it. I haven't bought game in a least 2 years, without renting it first.

People say the new GTA is more realistic... But I have fun getting into tanks and helicopters and destroying the whole city. It's sad that it appears you can't do that in the next game. I also hear that the cops stop chasing you after you get a certain distance from them. That's a bummer also because being chased by the cops is one of the most fun things about the game in the first place.

• Admin

no tanks, but there are helicopters and it's more realistic because you can escape the cops, up to a point. If your wanted level gets too high, there is no getting away.

The fact that the game is practically a scale model of NY is amazing. You can literally drive around sight seeing. You will enjoy it. IMO it's the best they've ever done.

Quote:

I also hear that the cops stop chasing you after you get a certain distance from them. That's a bummer also because being chased by the cops is one of the most fun things about the game in the first place.

It depends on how many stars you have . That only happens on 1-3 stars.. if the helicopter can't find you.I think u are going to have to go to a pay n spray once you get to 4. stars

One thing i like about gta 4, is the way people fall down or get run over, or getting thrown through the windshield when you hit something head on at top speed.I think it a little more realistic now.