Woody can't coach young players!!!!!

Wurider05

I guess now since Stuckey is doing good in the playoffs Acie will become the new whipping boy around here. None of you (except myself and Diesel) even acknowledged that we should even check out Rodney Stuckey as a possible draft pick. Stuckey came into a situation where he was able to thrive. They are already a championship levelteam full of veterans. They play team ball on offense and defense. They have an actually offense. He has every chance to succeed. I heard some one on tv question whether or not Chris Paul would be as good if it wasn't for Byron Scott. Could you guys imagine Paul being here and getting coached by Woody. Woody was coaching for his job and went with the vets (Lue, Johnson) at the expense of Acie. You can't learn [censored] on the bench. The same can be said for Salim. Whenever he got decent minutes he played well (salim). Even when we where being blowed out in Boston, Salim was riding the pine. Funny thing even when we got Bibby, JJ was still playing point a majority of the time. Woody needs to go. He was the wrong coach for our young team from the start. Can anyone tell me when a rookie coach and a young team has ever been successful in this league???

Quote:

I guess now since Stuckey is doing good in the playoffs Acie will become the new whipping boy around here. None of you (except myself and Diesel) even acknowledged that we should even check out Rodney Stuckey as a possible draft pick.

Maybe I'm just tired... But....

What is he saying here???

We shouldn't brag about Stuckey and criticize Law because we didn't want to draft Stuckey? Who cares what the people here thought about Stuckey on draft night?

Why should Salim get playing time?? He isn't very good. His PG instincts blow and he can't defend anybody.

he saying stop bitching about making the RIGHT pick because a guy taken after by a better team in a better situatation to suceed is succeeding,in the playoffs might I add because he was NOT so great during the regular season which is why he wasn't brought up till now.Acie was put into a position to fail by Woody,he would have done the same with STuckey,so if we would have had him,y'all would have wished we had Law instead and vice versa.It makes no sense.If we had taken Paul y'all would have been wishing we had Deron or Marvin instead lol.That's just how it goes,Woody is just that bad of a coach,he sucks in all areas of coaching and doesn't have many if any positives.

Oh and what u said about Salim can be said about Bibby,Bibby just has the killer jumpshot.Salim stays in front of his man alot better than Bibby.

Quote:

he saying stop bitching about making the RIGHT pick because a guy taken after by a better team in a better situatation to suceed is succeeding,in the playoffs might I add because he was NOT so great during the regular season which is why he wasn't brought up till now.Acie was put into a position to fail by Woody,he would have done the same with STuckey,so if we would have had him,y'all would have wished we had Law instead and vice versa.It makes no sense.If we had taken Paul y'all would have been wishing we had Deron or Marvin instead lol.That's just how it goes,Woody is just that bad of a coach,he sucks in all areas of coaching and doesn't have many if any positives.

Oh and what u said about Salim can be said about Bibby,Bibby just has the killer jumpshot.Salim stays in front of his man alot better than Bibby.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

Quote:

I guess now since Stuckey is doing good in the playoffs Acie will become the new whipping boy around here. None of you (except myself and Diesel) even acknowledged that we should even check out Rodney Stuckey as a possible draft pick. Stuckey came into a situation where he was able to thrive. They are already a championship levelteam full of veterans. They play team ball on offense and defense. They have an actually offense. He has every chance to succeed. I heard some one on tv question whether or not Chris Paul would be as good if it wasn't for Byron Scott. Could you guys imagine Paul being here and getting coached by Woody. Woody was coaching for his job and went with the vets (Lue, Johnson) at the expense of Acie. You can't learn [censored] on the bench. The same can be said for Salim. Whenever he got decent minutes he played well (salim). Even when we where being blowed out in Boston, Salim was riding the pine. Funny thing even when we got Bibby, JJ was still playing point a majority of the time. Woody needs to go. He was the wrong coach for our young team from the start. Can anyone tell me when a rookie coach and a young team has ever been successful in this league???

so you think he can coach mature players????????????????????????????

Quote:

Woody will be our coach next season regardless of what you think..
he proved he can coach this team during the playoffs
and the players like him..thats whats most important

lol.he proved no such thing.

Quote:

That logic does not fly when you're trying to talk to ppl with an agenda.

Clearly Acie Law deserved to go higher in the draft than Stuckey and clearly his rookie season was hindered by injury and incompetent coaching

Quote:

Bibby is not that great, but he still is a far better passer than Salim. Salim might not even be an NBA worthy player. His stills are extremely limited. I can't see him being that great of a player in the lower league. We will see what Law does in the summer league this year. He still deserves a chance I guess, but Sailm.... Well, he isn't that much.

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby is not that great, but he still is a far better passer than Salim. Salim might not even be an NBA worthy player. His stills are extremely limited. I can't see him being that great of a player in the lower league. We will see what Law does in the summer league this year. He still deserves a chance I guess, but Sailm.... Well, he isn't that much.

I don't put alot into the summer league. It is a place where young players should be working on things that they don't do well. So if Acie goes and only drives to the basket, which is his strength, and doesn't work on running the offense and his outside shot then it will be a waisted summer. Hell even Marvin and Shelden looked great in summer league. That hasn't translated in the NBA thus far. Salim even had a good summer league scoring the ball and rode the bench when the season came.

I will be focused more on has whatever Acie worked on in the summer helped him get better when next season rolls around.

Quote:

Woody will be our coach next season regardless of what you think..he proved he can coach this team during the playoffs and the players like him..thats whats most important

If you are being sarcastic sorry but if not then you are way off base. JJ isn't every player in that locker room. Just because he endorsed Woody doesn't mean the rest of the team does. And what did Woody do in the playoffs exactly? Lost every road game in blowout fashion and held serve at home. He deserves some credit for that but the fans that were in Phillips deserve even more than the coach. They inspired those players more than Woody has since he has been here. You don't prove you can coach by winning three games, even in the playoffs.

Quote:

Quote:

Woody will be our coach next season regardless of what you think..he proved he can coach this team during the playoffs and the players like him..thats whats most important

If you are being sarcastic sorry but if not then you are way off base. JJ isn't every player in that locker room. Just because he endorsed Woody doesn't mean the rest of the team does. And what did Woody do in the playoffs exactly? Lost every road game in blowout fashion and held serve at home. He deserves some credit for that but the fans that were in Phillips deserve even more than the coach. They inspired those players more than Woody has since he has been here. You don't prove you can coach by winning three games, even in the playoffs.

Yes, and aside from game three of the seies (where we actually ran an inside-out offense to create open shots) I couldn't tell any difference between our game plans on the road and at home. Offensively, defensively, we were running the same sets and doing the same things. It's not like he actually did something cohesive at home. We were trying to force the offense through JJ in every game, and refused to make the extra pass. Basically, it was a strategy in which we deserved to lose by 20 points every game-but we somehow pulled out three road games.