• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chris Grant? Not So Fast

AnakinJoe

Quote:

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...only_thing.html

Check out Sekou's post at 8:53, May 27th. It appears that Racer X has entered the building. Of course, the question is, who is Racer X?

Quote:

By Sekou K. Smith

May 27, 2008 8:53 AM | Link to this

If you’ve made it this far, I’ve got a gem for you:

“(in the absence of the greatest upset in sports history, Grant will be introduced to the public sometime this week).”

The greatest upset in sports history is in the building. Come back to ajc.com as the day unfolds to get the official story.

I’m working on the details right now and will post a story as soon as it’s fit for publication.

???

It could be good news or it could be we were actually turned down by Chris Grant which is almost laughable. Maybe Billy Knight has had a change of heart and decided to stay?

...the hell is going on here?

Also, lifted from another one of Sekou's replies...

Quote:

Speedy is supposedly going to try and make another comeback from his latest knee surgery. I haven’t spoken to the cat in a minute. But I’ll be sure to track him down this summer.

Oh boy... ashamed.gif

Thanks.

Well, assuming that Sekou wasn't introduced to the guy, it has to be someone he would know by sight. In other words, I'm not sure that Sekou would know Tommy Sheppard if he sat down at his desk. But he probably knows John Gabriel and Billy King by sight. But I am assuming that no one from the ASG was looking to make introductions this early to the Hawks' beat writer, but that could be a wrong assumption.

We also don't know if this is the final round of an interview or if the candidate is there to sign papers and be introduced this evening (or tomorrow morning).

I was worried when I saw Chris Grant. So I hope it is better news than him. He kinda looks like that guy " Monroe" form that early 80"s sitcom set in Frisco. I cant for the life of me remember what its called.

• Premium Member

You would love me as GM.

The Whole basketball World would be captivated that in the first 20 minutes of being in the GM chair I would have completed a Marvin Williams for Raja Bell/#16.

They would see the genius in the move because it gives the hawks more power in negotiations with Chillz.

The guys on PTI would be Diesel Marks when they see how efficiently and cheaply, I wrap up a Chillz deal and put us in position to get one more FA before re-signing Smoove.

I would tease the basketball world when I get the people buzzing about a rumored Bibby for Cato/Maggette deal. In order to put pressure on Smoove to sign up quickly.

On draft night, the fans of Atlanta will stand up when I trade #16 to NO for Hilton Armstrong/#27.

Then I would gain the respect of the league by Ty Lawson as the BU PG for my regime.

The league would give me ultimate respect for hiring Del Harris as top assistant for Woody..

Quote:

The league would give me ultimate respect for hiring Del Harris as top assistant for Woody..

So you would bring back Woody??? Booooooooooooooooooooooo

.............Unless Woody is fired at midseason, and Harris takes over, i'm gonna have to boooo

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

So you would bring back Woody??? Booooooooooooooooooooooo

.............Unless Woody is fired at midseason, and Harris takes over, i'm gonna have to boooo

Now you see the train coming. I wouldn't hire Harris for nothing. I would let Woody take the one year deal and then midseason when ASG get their stuff together, WHAM... Del Harris - New HC.