• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chris Grant? Not So Fast

AnakinJoe

From Sekou:

By Sekou K. Smith

May 27, 2008 6:00 PM | Link to this

Chris Grant is out and now we move on yet again in what has to be one of the most perplexing searches I’ve ever seen.

The Hawks aren’t giving up details and neither are the people they’re interviewing (hence all the bad info being farmed out by various dot com sources). That makes our job ridiculously tough.

But Chris Grant will not be taking over the show for the Hawks this week, as some lunk head (me) suggested above.

As I said earlier on the radio, I’m going with experience now. The Hawks have poked around the next big thing crowd and come up empty. Now comes the been there, done that crowd.

At least now we’ll have a catalog of someone’s work to pick over when we digest the hire.

Is there anyone that can honestly say they have any clue what the Atlanta Spirit is going to do at this point? I definitely did not think Grant was a strong candidate but to completely change course and go from wanting a "young" guy to now looking for someone with experience - if we can believe Sekou - just makes no sense at all.

Quote:

You would love me as GM.

The Whole basketball World would be captivated that in the first 20 minutes of being in the GM chair I would have completed a Marvin Williams for Raja Bell/#16.

They would see the genius in the move because it gives the hawks more power in negotiations with Chillz.

The guys on PTI would be Diesel Marks when they see how efficiently and cheaply, I wrap up a Chillz deal and put us in position to get one more FA before re-signing Smoove.

I would tease the basketball world when I get the people buzzing about a rumored Bibby for Cato/Maggette deal. In order to put pressure on Smoove to sign up quickly.

On draft night, the fans of Atlanta will stand up when I trade #16 to NO for Hilton Armstrong/#27.

Then I would gain the respect of the league by Ty Lawson as the BU PG for my regime.

The league would give me ultimate respect for hiring Del Harris as top assistant for Woody..

Diesel, I would love to see you in the position of GM. I'm totally serious about that. Tell ya what, there would never be another dull day in Hawksville, and general manager's phones across the league would be ringing off da hook with trade proposals from the Deeze! LOL, it would be awesome. I could see you being so persistent and so incessant about calling some of these guys that they'd end up having to block your calls.

Random NBA General Manager "Ummm Secretary, if Diesel calls again tell him I'm all tied-up in a meeting. In fact tell him I'll be in meetings for the rest of the week- or better yet, make that the rest of the month." grin.gif

And you'd have to keep your name as Diesel, for example the press would write about you as 'Hawks General Manager Diesel', hahaha.

I'm just teasing you Diesel, but it would be fun and probably a barrel-full of laughs.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

You would love me as GM.

The Whole basketball World would be captivated that in the first 20 minutes of being in the GM chair I would have completed a Marvin Williams for Raja Bell/#16.

They would see the genius in the move because it gives the hawks more power in negotiations with Chillz.

The guys on PTI would be Diesel Marks when they see how efficiently and cheaply, I wrap up a Chillz deal and put us in position to get one more FA before re-signing Smoove.

I would tease the basketball world when I get the people buzzing about a rumored Bibby for Cato/Maggette deal. In order to put pressure on Smoove to sign up quickly.

On draft night, the fans of Atlanta will stand up when I trade #16 to NO for Hilton Armstrong/#27.

Then I would gain the respect of the league by Ty Lawson as the BU PG for my regime.

The league would give me ultimate respect for hiring Del Harris as top assistant for Woody..

Diesel, I would love to see you in the position of GM. I'm totally serious about that. Tell ya what, there would never be another dull day in Hawksville, and general manager's phones across the league would be ringing off da hook with trade proposals from the Deeze! LOL, it would be awesome. I could see you being so persistent and so incessant about calling some of these guys that they'd end up having to block your calls.

Random NBA General Manager "Ummm Secretary, if Diesel calls again tell him I'm all tied-up in a meeting. In fact tell him I'll be in meetings for the rest of the week- or better yet, make that the rest of the month." grin.gif

And you'd have to keep your name as Diesel, for example the press would write about you as 'Hawks General Manager Diesel', hahaha.

I'm just teasing you Diesel, but it would be fun and probably a barrel-full of laughs.

Dude, the Hawks would be the best team in basketball.