• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Johnny Bravo is the new Hawks GM!

Johnnybravo4

I have just gotten off of the phone with the Atlanta Spirit group and I have gladly accepted their offer to be the new GM of the Atlanta Hawks. I believe that this franchise needs a change, a change that they can believe in. I promise to build a team that will be championship worthy and active in the community. I pledge to be more accessible to the fans and to the media.

First and foremost this team will play defense. Our offensive will be what I will phrase "intelligent uptempo." This means that we will run, but not recklessly. Our goal is to take not merely an open shot, but the best open shot. To that end, I have already called coach Woodson and thanked him for his dedicated service. He has been informed that his contract will not be renewed. I have contacted Avery Johnson and with full support from the ASG, will announce him as our new head coach by the end of this week.

As far as our current roster goes, our #1 priority is to resign Josh Smith. I have been in talks with his agent and we are confident that we will have a contract in place by the beginning of the free agency period. Our other priorities is to assess our other free agents in order to determine whether their resigning will be the best move for our team. We will consult with coach Johnson on this issue as well. We know we need a better post presence on this team and will strive to put the best team possible on the floor in 2008-09.

I am now available for questions, please keep them brief.

Quote:

Woodson has been dismissed and I am hiring Avery Johnson as coach.

I cannot comment on players that are under contract, but I will say that we will better offensively and defensively in the post next year.

He must going after Jermaine Oneal .......