• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It is a money thing with the ASG!!!

Wurider05

I posted several months ago that they want to spend as little as possible with either the Hawks or the Thrashers. Bibby is getting paid Hossa's money. I am telling you that they are trying to run the team on the cheap. Do you guys really believe that if Smoove wants the max they are going to give it to him!! They don't have the money to pay a big time coach to come in. They don't have the money to pay a decent GM. JJ got his money because we had a team full of rookie contracts and low contracts. This really shows me how serious they are about building a contender. I called this months ago. they are doing what they have accused Belkin of wanting to do. This is a damn shame!!!

Bibby is also getting some of Speedy's insurance money... which is why I seriously doubt that Speedy will be traded or forced off the payroll. They probably had a money call to pay for the roughly $56M in salaries. Speedy gets hurt, insurance pays them about $5M of his salary and they re-invested that $5M in Bibby. Speedy's $5M plus the expiring $9M from AJ, Ren & Lue puts a huge dent in the remainder of Bibby's contract.

Fans want Speedy to be forced off with a medical exemption. Why? Do you really think the owners are looking to spend a full $5-6M on a healthy player when Speedy only costs them around $1M now? I guess we could sign a healthy scrub to a $1M contract, but is that really going to push us into a home playoff seed?