• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Seattle would be an ideal trading partner

Admin

if we were looking to get something for Childress that would fill a need, Seattle could send us Petro or Sene for Childress since they will be well under the cap next year and can handle Childress' BYC status. Maybe this will finally be the year that we get Damien Wilkins to Atlanta as well.

So maybe a trade like Petro (1.9 million) and Wilkins (3.1 million) for Childress (~8 million) and if we had to add another player we could add Solo although I would prefer to keep him.

Petro has a little bit of promise and Wilkins can score. Its tough to find a guy off the bench like Chills though. I think we would be better off rsigning Chills if reasonable and then seeing if we can get Diop with our mle.

Quote:

if we were looking to get something for Childress that would fill a need, Seattle could send us Petro or Sene for Childress since they will be well under the cap next year and can handle Childress' BYC status. Maybe this will finally be the year that we get Damien Wilkins to Atlanta as well.

So maybe a trade like Petro (1.9 million) and Wilkins (3.1 million) for Childress (~8 million) and if we had to add another player we could add Solo although I would prefer to keep him.

The problem is that if they want Childress they could just sign him. Why give up anything?

Remember that Childress has to agree to a deal also.

If we could get a more than adequate replacement backup 2 in Wilkins and a quality big like Petro while staying under the luxury tax I think it's something the ASG would have to consider. I like Chillz and I think he is grossly undervalued here, but if the bottom line is whether or not the ASG will pay luxury tax dollars for him I would rather get a couple of cheap pieces that can help than get nothing for him.

Quote:

Petro has a little bit of promise and Wilkins can score. Its tough to find a guy off the bench like Chills though. I think we would be better off rsigning Chills if reasonable and then seeing if we can get Diop with our mle.

If we sign Andersen we won't have the full MLE. Plus if we resign both Joshs and sign Andersen that puts us in luxury tax land with only 9 players on the roster.

Because if they are running a cheap ship then they might want to stay below the cap. They could just sign him outright and hope that we don't match, but we should at least bluff them and see if their child GM will agree to a trade instead.

Childress would have to agree to a trade but Seattle has some talent and a high lottery pick and are closer to California (Seattle or Oklahoma City) so if they paid him he might be open to it.

Quote:

Childress would have to agree to a trade but Seattle has some talent

And some of that talent is Durant and Jeff Green at the 2/3. I don't think they are going to be looking to spend much money on a backup for those two.

I dont think we are getting hosed if we land Petro and Wilkins for Chills. Its not a bad deal. I would only do it if there is no $$$ to keep Chills or if Seattles offer is huge.

Quote:

Quote:

Childress is not a good fit with the Sonics unless they think he can play SG.

I have a feeling there are several NBA teams that think just that.

No doubt, but they also have a plethora of draft picks that could be thrown in to the deal. i like the Diop idea but gotta wonder if he's gonna want to come here? And he averaged like 3 and 7????

I think Childress could play SG on that team only if Durant can play PF. However, I don't see that happening, nor do I see them giving up 2 players for Childress. Who knows, though ? I definately wouldnt be against trading for Wilkins and a back-up big.

• Premium Member

This is a joke right??

None of Seattle's bigs have distinguished themselves and Chillz while not an allstar is a good versatile player who can do a lot on this team.

Nope. Give me Chillz and if you just want a 7 foot stiff, we can sign Voshkul in the offseason.

Hell, Swift should be free.

Quote:

This is a joke right??

None of Seattle's bigs have distinguished themselves and Chillz while not an allstar is a good versatile player who can do a lot on this team.

Nope. Give me Chillz and if you just want a 7 foot stiff, we can sign Voshkul in the offseason.

Hell, Swift should be free.

This is a classic response. The kettle calling the skillet black????

Quote:

I like Chillz and I think he is grossly undervalued here, but if the bottom line is whether or not the ASG will pay luxury tax dollars for him I would rather get a couple of cheap pieces that can help than get nothing for him.

Ignoring the obvious hypocrisy here, what is so difficult to understand about that statement? Let me go bigger for you:

I WOULD RATHER KEEP CHILDRESS BUT IF THE ASG WON'T PAY FOR HIM I WOULD RATHER GET SOMETHING USEFUL FOR HIM THAN TO LOSE HIM FOR NOTHING!!!!

Does that help to make my position any clearer?

Petro is a quality backup big man, he has size, can run the floor, and blocks shots. He'll never be a starter but he is an improvement over anyone else we have backing up Horford.

Wilkins doesn't provide the things that Childress does, but he fits better as the backup 2 to JJ and will statistically replace a lot of what Childress gives us.

The main benefit is that it would save us ~4 million in cap dollars this year which could be the difference between paying the luxury tax or not, plus it gets us an extra player to help fill the roster.