• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woodson believes he deserves to return

Cwell

Quote:

Quote:

Just as I said, we were a .500 team with Bibby and .500 teams aren't going to win every game, even when they need to. We definitely struggled at times at the end of the season, but you cannot argue that we weren't better with him than before. The biggest key will be filling out the bench with quality players that Woody can trust. Replacing guys like Salim, Richardson, etc with veterans who have been around a while will make a world of difference.

We were two games under 500 with Bibby after 32 games... Translated over a full season that would put us at 38 wins with Bibby... Before the trade we were on pace to 35 wins.

that's not much of a difference.

And the thing is, we really could have improved with Bibby if we'd just set up the offense to take advantage of our strengths and mask some of our weaknesses. Step one is getting Josh Smith on the low block, where he's actually effective, as opposed to the perimeter. He's pretty good on the drive at times, but he does have a tendency to force things and turn the ball over. Keeping him in a position where he's unlikely to shoot jumpshots is a premium. With some good floor spacing-Childress/Marvin in one corner, Smoove in the low post, Horford in the high post, and Bibby and JJ on the perimeter-this offense can create mismatches.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Just as I said, we were a .500 team with Bibby and .500 teams aren't going to win every game, even when they need to. We definitely struggled at times at the end of the season, but you cannot argue that we weren't better with him than before. The biggest key will be filling out the bench with quality players that Woody can trust. Replacing guys like Salim, Richardson, etc with veterans who have been around a while will make a world of difference.

We were two games under 500 with Bibby after 32 games... Translated over a full season that would put us at 38 wins with Bibby... Before the trade we were on pace to 35 wins.

that's not much of a difference.

I'm not so quick to give Bibby credit or discredit.

Bibby had to have some time for introduction. PG is the hardest position and learning teammates is difficult to do too. I think that once Bibbs learned the team, he played a little better. Had Bibs been here the whole year (with camp), I think we would have won a lot of games. I also credit the fact that Wood couldn't pull a Lue off the bench for AJ. Part of our problem (I believe) was a lack of continuity at Starting PG. Some nights it was Lue, some night AJ, some nights Acie. Well, when Bibbs came in, he became the man. Our team played differently depending on who was PG so I believe that when we got one full time never going to get benched/hurt guy, we played much better.

The reason I can't give Bibs full credit is because the schedule did get easier.