• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

throw Dwane Casey into the mix...

flava

Mitch Lawrence from the NY Daily News...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketba...kers_go_fr.html

The Hawks chose a veteran executive in Rick Sund to replace Billy Knight as GM, but only after Chris Grant, a former Hawks employee and now Danny Ferry's No. 2 man in Cleveland, turned down the job. Grant has never run a team, while Sund, who was on Donnie Walsh's short list of potential Knick GMs, has called the shots in Dallas, Detroit and Seattle during a 30-year front-office career. With Mike Woodson's contract up, Sund figures to make a run at former Timberwolves head coach Dwane Casey, whom he had in Seattle as an assistant coach. Casey has a place waiting for him in Dallas on Rick Carlisle's new staff if he doesn't get a head coaching gig.

I know Diesal mentioned him as an assitant coach possibly. I think he is more like Woody in that he is a big time assistant but just lacks too much as a head coach. He would really help us as an assistant. Howver if the only 2 choices were signing Woody FOR ONE YEAR or signing Casey LONG TERM, I would rather go with the least amount of commitment and take Woody for 1 year. The best name Ive heard that may be realistic is Del Harris. The problem is at 71 would he want the drama of being a head coach or is he just content with being around the game.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I know Diesal mentioned him as an assitant coach possibly. I think he is more like Woody in that he is a big time assistant but just lacks too much as a head coach. He would really help us as an assistant. Howver if the only 2 choices were signing Woody FOR ONE YEAR or signing Casey LONG TERM, I would rather go with the least amount of commitment and take Woody for 1 year. The best name Ive heard that may be realistic is Del Harris. The problem is at 71 would he want the drama of being a head coach or is he just content with being around the game.

I don't sell Casey short. He had a bad stint with a bad team in Minny.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Casey is a defensive coach, much like Woody. It'll be interesting if the fan base is ready for another guy who preaches defense, and is willing to sacrifice offense to be a great defensive team.

Actually Casey is an X and O guy who takes advantage of offensive matchups. This is one of the reasons I wanted him considered for the top assistant.

If Woody stays there has to be some changes to the assistants. He's got to make some changes to the approach of offense. His experience makes him no dummy and hopefully he will come up with a plan that isn't all or nothing. This seems more likely to me given constraints they may have about a coaches salary.

Quote:

If Woody stays there has to be some changes to the assistants. He's got to make some changes to the approach of offense.
His experience makes him no dummy
and hopefully he will come up with a plan that isn't all or nothing. This seems more likely to me given constraints they may have about a coaches salary.

but his brain does lol