• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

You know what's hilarious...

TheTrueSiete

• Premium Member

Quote:

and none of them are paying him any attention lol.3 pics?wow show me a pic of him next to Acie or Salim or Shelden

OK, this has gone far enough. I'm not a Woody apologist... IN fact, I hope that Sund hires Del Harris... BUT.. .Come on.

Now you want a specific picture?

What if he does give those to you? What next? You'd want a picture of Woody feeding Smoove Breast milk from the cheerleader Ginger while drawing up a pick and roll out of a triangle offense...

Let's just all agree that there are moments when Woody does teach. You can't give a guy the youngest team in the league and they make the playoffs and no teaching is going on.

The problem is however, that Woody can take this team only so far and it may be time to get them a new voice... a guy who has been there before.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame Avery one bit for being pissed about what Cuban did with that deal, it was a horrible deal for the Mavs. My opinion of Avery being a Skiles type of coach is based off of things I have heard from Mavs fans about him riding the players too hard and rubbing them the wrong way. That's not the type of coach that I would want here. I think he is a very intelligent man, he was a very solid basketball player, and he clearly knows his x's and o's but there is more to being a head coach than that. I hope I am wrong about him and that he ends up having success someplace again.

I think Joe Dumars is a brilliant GM and he didn't seem to praise Saunders too much and fired him pretty quickly, so that's a major red flag for me.

The only players I have ever heard of having a problem with Woody are Josh Smith, Salim, and AJ and even those guys still played hard for him. They probably could have gotten him fired this year during the season if they wanted but they all continued to play hard and it got us a lot of national respect.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think you proved much

Sorry, you are wrong here, I most definitely proved that Woody does in fact coach the players when he takes them out of the game.

Quote:

He'd take somebody out and give them an eye as they walk to the bench but
never
has the player sit next to him and tell him what he did wrong and what to do from now on.

Seriously, there is plenty of criticism to level at Woodson without going to ridiculous levels like saying he never talks to our young players.

Quote:

Quote:

and none of them are paying him any attention lol.3 pics?wow show me a pic of him next to Acie or Salim or Shelden

OK, this has gone far enough. I'm not a Woody apologist... IN fact, I hope that Sund hires Del Harris... BUT.. .Come on.

Now you want a specific picture?

What if he does give those to you? What next? You'd want a picture of Woody feeding Smoove Breast milk from the cheerleader Ginger while drawing up a pick and roll out of a triangle offense...

Let's just all agree that there are moments when Woody does teach. You can't give a guy the youngest team in the league and they make the playoffs and no teaching is going on.

The problem is however, that Woody can take this team only so far and it may be time to get them a new voice... a guy who has been there before. I was tripping this morining.disregard that.even I know that posts was stupid.Hell I can post a picture of him with Acie.

77476879qj3.jpg

lol now that I look at it neither is doing much but it's a picture

Quote:

I'm not saying that no coach who hasn't won a title isn't better than Woody. What I have repeatedly said is that I wouldn't disrupt our
chemistry
to hire a non-championship winning coach, just to make a change.

Are you speaking on the chemistry that won 37 games? Please elaborate on why only two coaches in the NBA are worth losing our great chemistry over.

• Premium Member

Quote:

It will be convenient for you guys to say that Woody "had" to play Smoove, Marvin, Horford, but the truth is that he could have benched any of them just as he has Solo, Salim, etc. if he felt like they shouldn't be playing.

So what young players has Woody not played?

Acie? He was getting minutes early until he got hurt and missed a lot of time. Then he came back and couldn't make a shot and that made him a major liability on the floor. I think he should have gotten more playing time after we acquired Bibby but that's the only young player I have a problem with in regard to how Woody used him.

Solo? He has a long way to go before he can be counted on. Detroit waited until his 3rd year before giving Maxiell any regular playing time.

Salim? If he could consistently make a shot instead of being a volume shooter he would probably get more playing time. That and his lack of commitment to defense. Look at the Lakers with Vujacic, who said that he didn't "earn" his playing time until this year because he hadn't committed to defense.

Good Reply and I agree