• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Here are the Draft measurements.....

HawkNJersey

Well, it looks like Rose will either be in Miami or Chicago meaning we will see Rose alot for the next 10 -14 years.

Well, how does Acie Law match up physically and defensively with who will probably be the best PG in the Eastern Conference for the next decade ?

Ht. w/o shoes Ht. in shoes Wt. wing sp std reach

Rose... 6'1.5'' 6'2.5'' 195 6'8'' 8'2.5''

Law... 6'2'' 6'3.5'' 186 6'6.5'' 8'2''

Law should be able to hold his own vs. Rose defensively or at least he will not out matched from a physical stand point.

Quote:

Has anyone compared Eric Gordon to DWade? Seems like they are the same size and Gordon has similar athletic ability? I haven't seen enough of him to tell.

You just beat me to it. I had not refreshed the page and saw where you brought up the same thing I was thinking.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Beasley now looks like a Larry Johnson (with less muscels and explosiveness.)

Everyone is less muscular than Larry Johnson.

But Beasley is one of the most explosive freshman in the history of college basketball. People are so worried about his position, but the reality is that he's the prototypical forward. You build around him.

Quote:

Well, it looks like Rose will either be in Miami or Chicago meaning we will see Rose alot for the next 10 -14 years.

Well, how does Acie Law match up physically and defensively with who will probably be the best PG in the Eastern Conference for the next decade ?

Law should be able to hold his own vs. Rose defensively or at least he will not out matched from a physical stand point.

More Law vs. Rose

Code:

Player NoStep Vert Max Vert Lane Agility 3/4 sprint

Rose 34.5" 40" 11.69 3.05

Law 29" 34" 11 3.22

• Premium Member

Thing is...

I don't see Rose and Law as the same type or class of PG. I don't think Rose could be a shooter. I think Law can. I don't think Law can distribute as well as Rose.

Quote:

Quote:

Beasley, 6'7 without shoes....

Beasley now looks like a Larry Johnson (with less muscels and explosiveness.) I am 5'8'' 170 pounds amd could bench 185 lbs 20 times.....so he definately needs alot more strength if wants to be a short NBA PF with just an average vertical jump.

I now compare him to LJ, The X Man / Xavier McDaniel , and Anthony Mason as undersized PFs who could play some SF ealy in their careers. He probably less of an athlete then LJ and X-Man.

I truely worry about what position Beasley can defend. Seems to slow for NBA SF not strong or explosive enough to guard PFs (as Smoove can get away with.) He will definately score points but will he give up just as many on the other end.......He could work as an interchangeable foward piece with a guy like Marion in Miami.

Kevin Durant last year couldn't bench 185 at all. He still won rookie of the year. With basketball players, you can't always take a lot from their bench press reps.

The 19 reps is just one less than Al Horford last year. I bring up Horford because Beasley's wingspan and standing reach are near identical to Horford. And Al was able to play center for us last year, undersized though he may be. Beasley is an inch and a half shorter, but his vertical is also nearly identical, as is his weight. Beasley, however, is faster and more agile, a better shooter, and a better ball-handler.

I made a lot out of his height at first, but now, I think he'll do fine as a PF. Probably just has a short neck, and long arms to help make up for that.

Quote:

Quote:

More Law vs. Rose

Code:

Player NoStep Vert Max Vert Lane Agility 3/4 sprint

Rose 34.5" 40" 11.69 3.05

Law 29" 34" 11 3.22

Wow that vertical is very strong.

The highest no step vert was 35'' flat (same that Wade measured). The highest max vertical was 42''. For a PG with tremendous BBIQ to be this atheltic with his size makes the sky the limit. Chris Paul and Deron Williams better watch out. Rose basically has the atheltic ability of Wade and the PG instincts of Paul......Sounds like a PG genetically made in a lab !...........At least Law should be able to guard him as well as anyone.

It looks like he will be the consensus #1 pick with Beasley, Mayo, and Lopez fighting it out for #2 - 4. Gordon will probably be on the rise too.....Rumors are Wade and Mayo work out with each other and are friends off the court. Will Wade get in Riley's ear.......also Wade's old college coach just took over at UI see may have some inside info on Gordon he would share with Wade and the Heat team.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't get the lane agaility numbers.Is higher better because Conley's was higher as well as Stuckey?

No - its a time event - so the number is in seconds.

Rose's is higher than you would think, but no one has given an explanation as to why. U sure because I wouldn't think Law is quicker than Conley.That's what through me off.Stuckey and Rose not so much.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't get the lane agaility numbers.Is higher better because Conley's was higher as well as Stuckey?

Rose's is higher than you would think, but no one has given an explanation as to why. U sure because I wouldn't think Law is quicker than Conley.That's what through me off.Stuckey and Rose not so much.

Yes, I'm positive. Its a lateral movement agility. One false step could screw up your time. Theres always a few people who test well in everything else and then post a relatively disappointing lane agility.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's a timed event. Mike Conley has more speed, as evidenced by his sprint time, but Law actually ran the agility drill better. We know that Law has good lateral quickness, and we've seen this.

It doesn't mean your perception of Conley is wrong-he was seen as a guy who could really get up and down the court, and he does have that open court speed, and can blow past guys on the way to the basket. Acie might just be a tad better weaving through traffic.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's a timed event. Mike Conley has more speed, as evidenced by his sprint time, but Law actually ran the agility drill better. We know that Law has good lateral quickness, and we've seen this.

It doesn't mean your perception of Conley is wrong-he was seen as a guy who could really get up and down the court, and he does have that open court speed, and can blow past guys on the way to the basket. Acie might just be a tad better weaving through traffic. OK.I knew about the speed difference but people were saying that Conley was quick as a cat and he looks like it.On the other hand Law's quickness was questioned,I know he proved it wrong on the court but I didn't think he was quicker than Conley.

More on Lane Agility in this link:

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/agility-about.htm

It is a combination of quickness, coordination, and speed. It also isn't very realistic to be making so many cuts in an actual game, so this might be the most misleading of all the tests at the combine.

I wish they would test the shuttle run for the agility test, but they don't so oh well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Damn, D Rose just 6-1 ½

If the Bulls take anyone other than Rose than they are dumb, period. He's a PG, and his height is plenty enough to succeed at that position considering how athletic he is.

3.05 in agility? That's faster than Conley.

Are there any guys who might contribute as UDFA for us? It's an unusually deep draft class, so it's quite possible that someone goes undrafted who could catch on with someone.

Malik Hairston is one guy who could potentially fall out of the draft-then again he was highly touted coming out of high school, so perhaps someone remembers that and takes him. I'm looking at how he measured out and it's pretty solid:

6'4.25" without shoes, 6'9" wingspan, 8'7.5" standing reach (about right for his height) 30.5" standing vertical, 38" max vertical, 3.08 sprint.

So he's among the fastest players there, with a solid vertical and long arms. He shot 43% from three in college, and he has NBA range. He can probably defend the 2 adequately. I'd like to see if he could back up JJ.

Josh Duncan from Xavier would be a great late 2nd rd (if can make trade) or UDFA for the Hawks. He can swing from the 4 to a big 3. Like all Xavier players is smart and strong with good work ethic. Plus he can play point forward. He is offensive version or Chillz but he can also rebound. Having a bruiser like Duncan and high flyer like Chillz off the bench would help out the energy and get us a rebound when we need it.