What are you going to do when they resign Woodsen?

Blunt91

Now we were supposed to be a 45 win team, let some tell it. If we would've won 41 games, people would be whining about how we didn't win 50 games. At the beginning of the season, making the playoffs was the goal. Being competitive was also a goal.

Now, those things don't matter because we only won 37 games and "backed" into the playoffs? The playoff run doesn't matter, because the best team in the league blew us out in Game 7? We win 11 of 16 games before we finally clinch the berth, yet, we backed in because we couldn't win road games against the people desperately trying to catch us?

Get the (( bleep )) out of here!

Coach, I'm glad that guys like you and Swat said that you'll continue to support the team, regardless of who is the coach. That is my postion as well. I wouldn't be overjoyed to see Woody back, and not a high caliber coach like Avery Johnson. But I'm not going to pout like a (( bleepin )) 4-year old and act like we couldn't possibly have a successful season with Woody at the controls.

For all of you "fans" that claim that you will not support the team as much, if Woody is retained, YOU CAN AND WILL BE EASILY REPLACED !

Just like a longtime season ticket holder last season, who was so unsatisfied of the progression of the Hawks, that he didn't buy season tickets last year. He still may have attended Hawks games, but i wonder how many of our 25 HOME WINS + 3 PLAYOFF HOME WINS did he witness live last year?

He felt that his time and money would be better off doing other things, which is his choice. But his impatience as a fan may have led him to miss out on the great home campaign we had last year.

JackB complains, but didn't the Hawks win almost everytime you watched them at Philips?

Frog won't get season tickets if Woody comes back. Well, rest assured, someone will get your tickets, and you'll miss out on seeing this team win 25 - 30 home games next year.

Let some people talk, this team is going to go on the decline next year. Even if we win 43 games and get a #5 seed in a bad Eastern conference, that won't be enough . . even if we beat the #4 seed in the playoffs.

Every fan of this team should be geeked up about the Hawks and our future, especially ifwe retain the core guys and add a few good bench players. Yet, mo-fos fully expect other teams to just pass us by like a broken down car on the interstate, because Woody is supposed to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo horrible.

Please.

So Coach, Swat, Dol, and others . . . let those cats act like fairweather fans. Let them act like because we're not good enough to compete for a title yet, thst they shouldn't waste their time rooting for the Hawks next year.

Those types of fans can and will be easily replaced. And they'll be right back in the fold, if we start consistently winning games. I'll personally put plastic over their seat on the Hawks bandwagon, until they return.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I he stays I will not be happy. but if that happens and there aren't any changes around him to prop up the gaping holes in his approach, I'll be resigned to watch another underachieving season.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. If he stays it will be insane.

Dr R,

• Premium Member

Quote:

If you can't afford to hire the best coach for your team or sign better players to help the team, then why should people want to follow this team?

These are points that are up for interpretation. For instance, I'm not enamored with Saunders or Johnson. Are they better than Wood? It's hard to tell, they were both handed championship quality teams and they were good caretakers but did nothing great with either. I would much rather have a coach who have been in the trenches and have made a difference. The real question in my mind about Woody is have he lost this team. Well, JJ wants him back. JJ is the chief of this team. IS it self serving or was there something to it? I don't know. I'm not enamored with a lot of what I see going on with Woody at the controls. Given my druthers, let's get Del Harris and call it. But given this situation, if Woody does come back, we should get him a top assistant like Terry Porter or even Del Harris.

Quote:

Now we were supposed to be a 45 win team, let some tell it. If we would've won 41 games, people would be whining about how we didn't win 50 games. At the beginning of the season, making the playoffs was the goal. Being competitive was also a goal.

Now, those things don't matter because we only won 37 games and "backed" into the playoffs? The playoff run doesn't matter, because the best team in the league blew us out in Game 7? We win 11 of 16 games before we finally clinch the berth, yet, we backed in because we couldn't win road games against the people desperately trying to catch us?

Coach, I'm glad that guys like you and Swat said that you'll continue to support the team, regardless of who is the coach. That is my postion as well. I wouldn't be overjoyed to see Woody back, and not a high caliber coach like Avery Johnson. But I'm not going to pout like a (( bleepin )) 4-year old and act like we couldn't possibly have a successful season with Woody at the controls.

For all of you "fans" that claim that you will not support the team as much, if Woody is retained, YOU CAN AND WILL BE EASILY REPLACED !

Just like a longtime season ticket holder last season, who was so unsatisfied of the progression of the Hawks, that he didn't buy season tickets last year. He still may have attended Hawks games, but i wonder how many of our 25 HOME WINS + 3 PLAYOFF HOME WINS did he witness live last year?

He felt that his time and money would be better off doing other things, which is his choice. But his impatience as a fan may have led him to miss out on the great home campaign we had last year.

JackB complains, but didn't the Hawks win almost everytime you watched them at Philips?

Frog won't get season tickets if Woody comes back. Well, rest assured, someone will get your tickets, and you'll miss out on seeing this team win 25 - 30 home games next year.

Let some people talk, this team is going to go on the decline next year. Even if we win 43 games and get a #5 seed in a bad Eastern conference, that won't be enough . . even if we beat the #4 seed in the playoffs.

Every fan of this team should be geeked up about the Hawks and our future, especially ifwe retain the core guys and add a few good bench players. Yet, mo-fos fully expect other teams to just pass us by like a broken down car on the interstate, because Woody is supposed to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo horrible.

Please.

So Coach, Swat, Dol, and others . . . let those cats act like fairweather fans. Let them act like because we're not good enough to compete for a title yet, thst they shouldn't waste their time rooting for the Hawks next year.

Those types of fans can and will be easily replaced. And they'll be right back in the fold, if we start consistently winning games. I'll personally put plastic over their seat on the Hawks bandwagon, until they return.

You are COMPLETELY missing the point. Why should any one support an organization that they don't believe is moving in the correct direction? I don't believe that the Hawks, coached by Woodson, have a chance to be significantly better. Do you honestly believe that Woodson gives the team a better chance of winning than the majority of other coaches he went up against last season? If you do, I have no idea what you were watching.

Again, why invest in something that you know is broke?

How can anyone be satisfied with the coaching that has taken place over the past four years? Its not necessarily about wins and losses over the past 2 seasons (Woody's first two were throw aways in my book), its about how well the team plays and thinking that the team has a chance to improve season to season.

Again, how do you rationalize supporting something that is less than what it could be and should be?

If you want to support Woodson, that is your choice. My reaction to that support is that I don't believe you know what coaching is all about in the NBA. Woodson provides nothing extra for the team. Again, its about how he manages the team and how players play for him. I cannot believe that someone is so blindly supportive of a below average coach. Talk about a FAKE fan.

Fans should always demand better out of their team. I demand better of myself every day, why not demand the same from the team that you are investing emotion, time, and money in? Seriously, why?

The easily replaced comment is ridiculous as demonstrated by the dwindling season ticket holders. You don't loose season ticket holders if you are a healthy franchise. People make judgements on their perceptions, and the VAST majority of the 4+ million people in this city are calling a spade a spade in terms of the Hawks. I say, get new blood in here to help revitalize the franchise. Sund was a good start, now its time to keep improving the team by hiring a new HC.

OH- to help with your reading

The name is FROSGRIM- there is no "FROG" in the name. Call me Fros if you want, but not Frog.

Quote:

Quote:

Please.

You are COMPLETELY missing the point. Why should any one support an organization that they don't believe is moving in the correct direction? I don't believe that the Hawks, coached by Woodson, have a chance to be significantly better. Do you honestly believe that Woodson gives the team a better chance of winning than the majority of other coaches he went up against last season? If you do, I have no idea what you were watching.

How can anyone be satisfied with the coaching that has taken place over the past four years? Its not necessarily about wins and losses over the past 2 seasons (Woody's first two were throw aways in my book), its about how well the team plays and thinking that the team has a chance to improve season to season.

Again, how do you rationalize supporting something that is less than what it could be and should be?

If you want to support Woodson, that is your choice. My reaction to that support is that I don't believe you know what coaching is all about in the NBA. Woodson provides nothing extra for the team. Again, its about how he manages the team and how players play for him. I cannot believe that someone is so blindly supportive of a below average coach. Talk about a FAKE fan.

Fans should always demand better out of their team. I demand better of myself every day, why not demand the same from the team that you are investing emotion, time, and money in? Seriously, why?

The easily replaced comment is ridiculous as demonstrated by the dwindling season ticket holders. You don't loose season ticket holders if you are a healthy franchise. People make judgements on their perceptions, and the VAST majority of the 4+ million people in this city are calling a spade a spade in terms of the Hawks. I say, get new blood in here to help revitalize the franchise. Sund was a good start, now its time to keep improving the team by hiring a new HC.

OH- to help with your reading

The name is FROSGRIM- there is no "FROG" in the name. Call me Fros if you want, but not Frog.

Amen, Fros

Quote:

clyde....I am loyal to the TEAM.........not the coach. Is that not allowed? I want the team to improve and feel they need a better coach to do so. That makes me a "fairweather fan"???

I went to 15 home games last year, plus all 3 playoff games.....watched every game on TV and read about them every day in the paper and here. I think that makes me a pretty good fan smile.gif I don't see why I have to support an inept coach just because he is the Hawks coach?

I love my country but I don't like our current President (thank God it's almost over)...does than make me anti-American? I AM loyal to the Hawks and will continue to back them even if "Mr Potato-Head" continues to be the coach, but it pains me to watch him continue to cost this team wins and ruin player's confidence's. I really hope we get a "real" coach in ATL sometime soon so you guys can see the difference.

Quote:

Please.

We obviously share the same perspective.

Quote:

Quote:

Please.

Good for you.... 2! Keep grasping for that first 40 win season that we should have had last year... The East is only going to get better... While, under Woody, we will continue to strive for mediocrity!

Quote:

Totally agree Frosgrim. I dont understand how Northclyde thinks that wanting the best for your team is not being loyal? Just blindly supporting everything the organization does is not the best way to support your team. Did clyde see the poll on ajc.com where the majority of the readers thought Woodson should be gone as well? The majority of the folks that follow this team on a daily basis know he is in way over his head with this team. Those 3 home wins vs Boston were all about the home fans and not about Woodson. Why couldn't he make ANY adjustments to the way we were getting pounded in Boston? Did you forget how embarrassing those games were? Perhaps you should watch game 7 over and over until you realize Woody is powerless to have any positive impact on a game. When the Hawks win......they win INSPITE of Woody. I totally believe that. The players DONT RESPECT him and I firmly believe Woody cost them at least 10 wins last year.

Quote:

Quote:

clyde....I am loyal to the TEAM.........not the coach. Is that not allowed? I want the team to improve and feel they need a better coach to do so. That makes me a "fairweather fan"???

I went to 15 home games last year, plus all 3 playoff games.....watched every game on TV and read about them every day in the paper and here. I think that makes me a pretty good fan smile.gif I don't see why I have to support an inept coach just because he is the Hawks coach?

I love my country but I don't like our current President (thank God it's almost over)...does than make me anti-American? I AM loyal to the Hawks and will continue to back them even if "Mr Potato-Head" continues to be the coach, but it pains me to watch him continue to cost this team wins and ruin player's confidence's. I really hope we get a "real" coach in ATL sometime soon so you guys can see the difference.

Whats up Jack !

I know your an excellent fan and a good guy. Of course any fan is entitled to like or dislike a coach. (For the record I want Woody gone too IF a proven upgrade is available but not to get rid of him at all cost.)

Looking foward to next season and hope to see ya' for many games in Phillips. (Your winning % speaks for itself).

BTW congrats on your boy getting the nomination !

Quote:

Whats up Jack !

I know your an excellent fan and a good guy. Of course any fan is entitled to like or dislike a coach. (For the record I want Woody gone too IF a proven upgrade is available but not to get rid of him at all cost.)

Looking foward to next season and hope to see ya' for many games in Phillips. (Your winning % speaks for itself).

BTW congrats on your boy getting the nomination !

Will definitely be at more games next year and more PLAYOFF GAMES at Phillips (aka "The Madhouse") smile.gif

P.S. Yes, I am very happy about Obama. Washington is broken and hopefully he will be able to do some damage repair.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Please.

Good for you.... 2! Keep grasping for that first 40 win season that we should have had last year... The East is only going to get better... While, under Woody, we will continue to strive for mediocrity!

You don't totally get my tempered perspective.

I want a coaching upgrade badly. I would love Larry Brown, Mike D'Antoni, Scott Skiles, Mike Fratello, Avery Johnson, or Flip Saunders to replace Woodson as head coach TODAY !

The problem is Avery and Flip will need at least $4 mill per year or their angent won't even foward a message to them.

Brown, D'Antoni, and Skiles are already taken.

Mike Fratello may be available and I hope he gets a chance.

I could live with Ty Corbin.....former Hawk and current assistant for Jerry Sloan in Utah but that is still a risk b/c he has never been a heah coach.

I really like our current assistant coach, Fizdale. He really seems to have the attention and respect of the players and from an outsiders perspective seems to call many adjustments throughout the game.

The truth is the list of respectable coaching candidates has really dried up as of late. What I do not want is to throw a 4 year contract out to to just any one to replace Woody for the heck of it. I think 90% of people honestly believe their dog could coach better then Woodson and could care less who replaces him as long as they don't have to see his face again. I am not that hateful or resentful. I want the Hawks to succeed and could live with Woodson for another season, with a more complete roster ,if a clear cut upgrade is unavailable.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Please.

I want a coaching upgrade badly. I would love Larry Brown, Mike D'Antoni, Scott Skiles, Mike Fratello, Avery Johnson, or Flip Saunders to replace Woodson as head coach TODAY !

The problem is Avery and Flip will need at least $4 mill per year or their angent won't even foward a message to them.

Mike Fratello is may be available and I prey he gets a chance.

I could live with Ty Corbin.....former Hawk and current assistant for Jerry Sloan in Utah but that is still a risk b/c he has never been a heah coach.

I really like our current Fizdale. He really seems to have the attention and respect of the players from an outsiders perspective seems to call many adjustments throughout hte game.

The truth is the list of respectable coaching candidates as really dried up as of late. what I do not want is to throw a 4 year contract out to to just any one to replace Woody for the heck of it. I think 90% of people honestly believe their dog could coach better Woodson and could care less who replaces him as long as they don't have to see his face again. I am not that hateful or resentful. I want the Hawks to succeed and could live with Woodson for another season, with a more complete roster ,if a clear cut upgrade is unavailable.

Ok... All I am saying is that many have given Woody credit for winning those three home playoff games when it's clearly thanks to the crowd... If it had anything to do with his coaching, we would have at least been competitive in Boston... NOT GET BLOWN OUT! I think Woody is a good guy, but definitely not the guy to take us to the next level... Bottom line, if we don't get someone now, that's one more year of underachieving! And how many players want that?

I respect that but wanting the Hawks to succeed and then wanting to keep Woodson don't go together.No matter what Woody is a horrible coach and we won't succeed under him,i'd rather take a chance on somebody else because u can't get any worse.Woody has nothing to be desired accept for teams looking for an assistant.I bet anybody we can bring in can atleast make sane substitutions. You can hire ol june bug from up the street and he'll atleast not have 4 guys stand around and watch Joe,he'll atleast not have the strategy of taking out a player when he gets hot and putting a player in when their cold for long periods of time. Hell Jim Mora is a better football coach than Woody is a basketball coach and I think Mora is a dumazz as I do Woody.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Please.

Mike Fratello is may be available and I prey he gets a chance.

I really like our current Fizdale. He really seems to have the attention and respect of the players from an outsiders perspective seems to call many adjustments throughout hte game.

The truth is the list of respectable coaching candidates as really dried up as of late. what I do not want is to throw a 4 year contract out to to just any one to replace Woody for the heck of it. I think 90% of people honestly believe their dog could coach better Woodson and could care less who replaces him as long as they don't have to see his face again. I am not that hateful or resentful. I want the Hawks to succeed and could live with Woodson for another season, with a more complete roster ,if a clear cut upgrade is unavailable.

Ok... All I am saying is that many have given Woody credit for winning those three home playoff games when it's clearly thanks to the crowd... If it had anything to do with his coaching, we would have at least been competitive in Boston... NOT GET BLOWN OUT! I think Woody is a good guy, but definitely not the guy to take us to the next level... Bottom line, if we don't get someone now, that's one more year of underachieving! And how many players want that?

I get all that. That is a respectable perspective.

The only thing I am missing is who do you want to replace him ?