• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

OK it's time. Nominations for play of the YEAR!!!

Diesel

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's not technically a 'play', my favorite moment of the year had to be Zaza getting right up in Garnett's grill like that. That was unforgettable, and I believe I will remember it always. It was just so cool, like David standing up to Goliath....not literally obviously, as Zaza would wipe the floor with KG if it ever came down to any real physical confrontation- but symbolically, it was a total David and Goliath moment for the whole series. The scraggly, bottom of the barrel 8th seed against the blueblood #1, the bench player all righteously pissed-off, standing up to the star, future Hall of Famer and saying "Hey, I don't give a sh*t who you are! I'm not just going to let you walk all over me like that."....and Garnett backing down. And Zaza didn't allow himself to be walked upon, and neither did we. We took 3 games from those guys, and that was a hell of an accomplishment.

Anyway, it was a beautiful moment. It was electric. I got friggin jazzed through the roof just watching it on TV, and I had to keep re-winding the TIVO just so I could watch it over and over and over again. I can only imagine what it must have been like to be in that arena, as the crowd noise was deafening on TV. It was incredibly inspirational, literally gave me chills, and made me feel so proud of Zaza for standing up for himself like that. Really, I'll always have affectionate feelings for him for doing that.

Quote:

The play of the year has to be Joe's three in game 4.

I don't think Joe's 3 was that great of play by itself...... it was good but..

it was the crowd reaction, and Joe's reaction that made it great.That was the loudest I have ever the fans be at phillips.