• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

From new blog, woody's prob the coach......

diamond_dave

Quote:

Q. Did the Hawks really get turned down by both Dennis Lindsey and Chris Grant? Z. No. Lindsey never even had a formal interview. Grant, meanwhile, was close to getting the job but negotiations broke down before a contract could be agreed upon. It’s disingenuous for either man to say that they turned the Hawks down, because it simply is not true.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl..._and_rumor.html

Q. But so many people believe what they read about both Grant and Lindsey turning the job down. Isn’t that yet another black eye for the Hawks? Z. Look, people choose to believe nonsense all the time. I’ll admit it’s fun to believe the hype sometimes. Few of us can resist. But try and think about this thing logically. No other team has seen fit to make either Mr. Grant or Mr. Lindsey a general manager, so the Hawks’ decision to go in another direction isn’t really so radical. They could both turn out to be very good GM’s some day. But until then, we’ll never know. Lindsey’s been a candidate before elsewhere. But Grant wouldn’t get an interview for a GM job anywhere else. The only reason he made the Hawks’ list is because of his history with the franchise. Keep it real.

I'll believe my source, who is as close as it can get, over Sekou.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Woody makes plenty of mistakes but he takes blame for the teams failures equally as much as he does their successes. I have heard Woody say countless times that "x" failure was on him.

If you want to say that Woody shouldn't be coach for his mistakes then fine, but don't make up stuff like he doesn't accept responsibility for their failures.

I agree with that. I'm really not a fan of Mike Woodson as a coach, but I do respect him for never placing the blame upon his players.

Almost always his excuse --> "They're too young" " We don't got talents"

You forgot the "We just didn't show up ready to play" excuse...

Wow are you that dense to realize that includes him in that failure as well, if not more than the players?

If your boss at Starbucks said that to you, don't you think he would be talking about him not preparing you? It's not entirely your fault that you didn't get everyone's order right.

Quote:

Wow are you that dense to realize that includes him in that failure as well, if not more than the players?

If your boss at Starbucks said that to you, don't you think he would be talking about him not preparing you? It's not entirely your fault that you didn't get everyone's order right.

Well... Lookee there... Dolfan comes to jump on me after one of my first posts... Did I say that he wasn't including himself in that excuse... NO... Was I stating one of the main excuses that we hear Woody state after every loss... YES...

And by the way, to bring up one of the quotes from you... Namecalling is just another way for someone to show how immature they are... Good one... And by the way Starbuck's? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Ahh, okay because it sure sounded like you were saying Woody was putting it on the players, which I still think you were ... but I'll let you believe what you want to believe.

I didn't call you a name did I? Oh and where did I ever say that about name calling?

Quote:

Ahh, okay because it sure sounded like you were saying Woody was putting it on the players, which I still think you were ... but I'll let you believe what you want to believe.

Ditto... Just like you believed that Woody had a chance at becoming Detroit's new coach... Comical...

I didn't call you a name did I? Oh and where did I ever say that about name calling?

Didn't you call me dense and label me a Starbuck's employee? Short term memory is kicking in old man... And give me a few minutes to find that quote about namecalling...

Quote:

Quote:

Q. Did the Hawks really get turned down by both Dennis Lindsey and Chris Grant? Z. No. Lindsey never even had a formal interview. Grant, meanwhile, was close to getting the job but negotiations broke down before a contract could be agreed upon. It’s disingenuous for either man to say that they turned the Hawks down, because it simply is not true.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl..._and_rumor.html

Q. But so many people believe what they read about both Grant and Lindsey turning the job down. Isn’t that yet another black eye for the Hawks? Z. Look, people choose to believe nonsense all the time. I’ll admit it’s fun to believe the hype sometimes. Few of us can resist. But try and think about this thing logically. No other team has seen fit to make either Mr. Grant or Mr. Lindsey a general manager, so the Hawks’ decision to go in another direction isn’t really so radical. They could both turn out to be very good GM’s some day. But until then, we’ll never know. Lindsey’s been a candidate before elsewhere. But Grant wouldn’t get an interview for a GM job anywhere else. The only reason he made the Hawks’ list is because of his history with the franchise. Keep it real.

I'll believe my source, who is as close as it can get, over Sekou.

So from the answer about Grant, it can still easily be true that Grant turned the Hawks down because they offered him a less then market contract.

If you want to be technical, I didn't call you dense, I asked how dense you were. The Starbucks thing was simply an analogy, I don't know nor do I care what you actually do. I could have said your lawn mowing job, but you get the point.

Sure, I'll wait for you to find it.

Quote:

When you ask someone how dense they are, you are insinuating that they are dense (IF YOU WANT TO GET TECHNICAL).... And with your use of the word "WOW", you are definitely stating that I am dense (in your opinion)... Listen grandpa, I can go all day with you, but then again why waste my valuable latte making time? hahahahaha

But, before I go, let me ask you this question... Were you as against the Yankees and Dolphins getting new coaches as you are the Hawks?

Quote:

um no that means he didn't come prepared himself.That is not the boss blame upon himself.and to the last post I agree he prolly defended the hell outta Cam Cameron lol.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Hawks general manager Rick Sund and coach Mike Woodson are still in the formative stages of their relationship. They’re still trying to get through the first few days. After speaking with Sund last week and with Woodson earlier this afternoon,
it’s clear to me that the first priority for both sides is to come to some sort of agreement on how to proceed with Woodson as coach
. But nothing appears set in stone just yet.

(Sund is also meeting with players and other staffers regularly since coming to town and is doing a rather thorough job of kicking over every rock to gain access to every bit of information he can about this team before making any official decisions. Having spoken with players and agents in the past seven days, they all seem to be impressed with his line of questioning and his forthright approach to the entire process.)

link

I'm speechless, but I don't have the inside info that Sund has so I have to go with what he says...........

One thing that's interesting to me is the fact that he mentioned players and agents were impressed with Sund's Style. Is that to say that BK's style was not impressive?

So because I'm not as cool as you and trying to relieve my glory days playing basketball in high school by putting my old jersey number at the bottom of every post I'm a grandpa? LMAO.

I was very much in favor of the Yankees getting a new manager as I felt Torre was holding the Yankees back.

I wanted to see Cam Cameron get one more year with the Dolphins until I found out that he had lost control of the team. If the same were true with Woody I would want him gone but nobody was standing up for Cameron, unlike here.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Woodson has made it clear in the press that he doesn't think he has had enough talent to win more than 37 games to date. I guess it depends on your perspective whether he is laying blame for the results on his players or just being realistic. Other than saying he doesn't have the talent to break even, I agree he hasn't thrown people under the bus. That is a significant proviso, however, in my opinion.

That's throwing the GM under the bus.

Quote:

So because I'm not as cool as you and trying to relieve my glory days playing basketball in high school by putting my old jersey number at the bottom of every post I'm a grandpa? LMAO.

I was very much in favor of the Yankees getting a new manager as I felt Torre was holding the Yankees back.

I wanted to see Cam Cameron get one more year with the Dolphins until I found out that he had lost control of the team. If the same were true with Woody I would want him gone but nobody was standing up for Cameron, unlike here.

Torre was holding them back but atleast they had lots of playoff appearences and world series'.But u DON'T think Woody is holding this team back?u can just watch ONE game and realize he's holding this team back.Cameron's first move was taking Ted Ginn at 9 lol. TWO frickin people stood up for Woody.One is Woody's pimp.The other is a frickin rookie that has only been here the one year where we had a LITTLE success. I bet the rest of the roster said "no comment" lol.

Quote:

Wow... I didn't know that made me cool... Thanks for the info...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... How's that working out for you? Also, I don't understand... A guy who HAS won you a Championship and taken you to how many STRAIGHT playoff appearances has "been holding you back"? Yet, you don't think Woody is holding us back? WTF?

That's what I thought... The same is true to Woody, to an extent...

The Yankees were getting worse and worse each year. They weren't improving like the Hawks have done. That's a major difference.

Cameron wasn't the GM so no, Ginn wasn't his pick, but just to let you know what I think about the pick I believe Ginn will be an All-Pro WR in a couple of years as long as one of the Dolphins QBs develops.

Yeah, perhaps the 2 leaders of the Hawks, Horford (amazing that he is that as a rookie) and JJ publicly stood up for Woody. For you to guess as to what anyone else said is purely conjecture.

Quote:

The Yankees were getting worse and worse each year. They weren't improving like the Hawks have done. That's a major difference.

YEAR TEAM LG DIV W L PCT GB POS WC

2007 New York Yankees AL E 94 68 .580 2.0 2 WC

2006 New York Yankees AL E 97 65 .599 -- 1

2005 New York Yankees AL E 95 67 .586 -- 1

2004 New York Yankees AL E 101 61 .623 -- 1

2003 New York Yankees AL E 101 61 .623 -- 1

2002 New York Yankees AL E 103 58 .640 -- 1

2001 New York Yankees AL E 95 65 .594 -- 1

2000 New York Yankees AL E 87 74 .540 -- 1

Ok? I don't see much of a difference to warrant a remark of "worse and worse each year"... He looks pretty consistent to me...

Cameron wasn't the GM so no, Ginn wasn't his pick, but just to let you know what I think about the pick I believe
Ginn will be an All-Pro WR
in a couple of years as long as one of the Dolphins QBs develops.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Yeah, and I think the same can be said about Michael Jenkins... Whatever...

Yeah,
perhaps
the 2 leaders of the Hawks, Horford (amazing that he is that as a rookie) and JJ publicly stood up for Woody. For you to guess as to what anyone else said is purely conjecture.

Perhaps doesn't sound to sure to me... Also, we don't have to guess how Smoove feels about him... I'm sure some of the benchriders are also a little negative towards the idea of keeping Woody...

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Woodson has made it clear in the press that he doesn't think he has had enough talent to win more than 37 games to date. I guess it depends on your perspective whether he is laying blame for the results on his players or just being realistic. Other than saying he doesn't have the talent to break even, I agree he hasn't thrown people under the bus. That is a significant proviso, however, in my opinion.

That's throwing the GM under the bus.

How do you throw the GM under the bus without criticizing the players, though? There is definitely overlap between the GM and the players with which he has stocked the roster.