• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

From new blog, woody's prob the coach......

diamond_dave

Quote:

The Yankees were getting worse and worse each year. They weren't improving like the Hawks have done. That's a major difference.

Cameron wasn't the GM so no, Ginn wasn't his pick, but just to let you know what I think about the pick I believe Ginn will be an All-Pro WR in a couple of years as long as one of the Dolphins QBs develops.

Yeah, perhaps the 2 leaders of the Hawks, Horford (amazing that he is that as a rookie) and JJ publicly stood up for Woody. For you to guess as to what anyone else said is purely conjecture.

yeah the coach has no say in who is picked,rrrright.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than 2006 when they won 2 more games than the prior season the Yankees had steadily won fewer games and looked progressively worse in the post season. Now matter how you try and spin it as an outsider 99% of Yankees fans would agree with that.

Ginn averaged 12.5 yards per catch last year as a rookie with a rookie QB and a career #3 QB throwing him the ball. Marvin Harrison has a career 13.5 YPC average. Ginn also ran back 4 punts/kickoffs for TD's but had 3 of them called back for holding.

I said perhaps because it's debatable as to whether Horford is one of the 2 main leaders of the team.

Sure he does, but he doesn't make the pick or have final say. Even if Ginn was the guy that Cameron wanted, and there is a good chance that he did, it was still a good pick. Ginn will be an All-Pro WR sooner than later.

You don't have any knowledge of the Dolphins so you are speaking purely out of your *ss here.

Quote:

Other than 2006 when they won 2 more games than the prior season the Yankees had steadily won fewer games and looked progressively worse in the post season. Now matter how you try and spin it as an outsider 99% of Yankees fans would agree with that.

I beg to differ... I know a LOT of Yankee fans that were embarrassed by the fact that the Yankees let Torre go... And judging by this season, they have reason to...

Ginn averaged 12.5 yards per catch last year as a rookie with a rookie QB and a career #3 QB throwing him the ball. Marvin Harrison has a career 13.5 YPC average. Ginn also ran back 4 punts/kickoffs for TD's but had 3 of them called back for holding.

Why even bring that stat up when it didn't count... Maybe if those players weren't holding he wouldn't have made it... Dee Dee Dee

I didn't say 99% of Yankees fans would agree with firing Torre, I said they would agree that the Yankees have gotten progressively worse each of the past several seasons.

2 of the 3 that were called back weren't even remotely related to the run back. 1 of them was but was highly debatable as to whether it was actually holding or not. The point still remains that he is already one of the most explosive players in the NFL and should continue to get better once the offense solidifies.

Quote:

I didn't say 99% of Yankees fans would agree with firing Torre, I said they would agree that the Yankees have gotten progressively worse each of the past several seasons.

Like I said, I know many Yankees fans who were much happier with the results from the last several seasons compared to this one... But to consistently win 95-100 games is not getting progressively worse... To make it to the playoffs every year is not getting progressively worse...

2 of the 3 that were called back weren't even remotely related to the run back. 1 of them was but was highly debatable as to whether it was actually holding or not.
The point still remains that he is already one of the most explosive players in the NFL and should continue to get better once the offense solidifies.

I think that statement is a little premature...

Quote:

How is that premature? He is one of the fastest players in the league and you can't deny that as that has been timed and proven.

Ummm... Football isn't all about speed... There are many other qualities needed to become All Pro... Now if we were talking about Track and Field, it would be a different story... But just because he is fast, doesn't mean he is automatically "one of the most explosive or All Pro" material... He has to round out his game to become that...

Wow, I hate to call you dense again, but really how dense are you? I was referring to his being explosive and using his speed to measure that. Surely that couldn't have been that difficult to comprehend, right?

I'm not using anything statistically to prove that he will be an All-Pro since nothing he did last year proves that to be likely, I'm going off of my gut feeling from watching him play in college and during moments of his rookie season.

Quote:

Wow, I hate to call you dense again, but really how dense are you? I was referring to his being explosive and using his speed to measure that. Surely that couldn't have been that difficult to comprehend, right?

I'm not using anything statistically to prove that he will be an All-Pro since nothing he did last year proves that to be likely, I'm going off of my gut feeling from watching him play in college and during moments of his rookie season.

If you are going off a gut feeling then why didn't you agree that is was a bit premature to label him "one of the most explosive players in the NFL" (being that all you have seen is speed) and "All Pro material" (after one subpar year)... And you said all that and based it on your gut feeling? And you called me dense? Man, I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or degrade your knowledge of anything sports related... Especially, since you said yourself "I'm not using anything statistically to prove that he will be an All-Pro since nothing he did last year proves that to be likely, I'm going off of my gut feeling from watching him play in college and during moments of his rookie season...

Quote:

Hawks general manager Rick Sund and coach Mike Woodson are still in the formative stages of their relationship. They’re still trying to get through the first few days. After speaking with Sund last week and with Woodson earlier this afternoon,
it’s clear to me that the first priority for both sides is to come to some sort of
agreement
on how to proceed with Woodson as coach
. But nothing appears set in stone just yet.

(Sund is also meeting with players and other staffers regularly since coming to town and is doing a rather thorough job of kicking over every rock to gain access to every bit of information he can about this team before making any official decisions. Having spoken with players and agents in the past seven days, they all seem to be impressed with his line of questioning and his forthright approach to the entire process.)

link

I'm speechless, but I don't have the inside info that Sund has so I have to go with what he says...........

Agreement doesn't necessarily mean contract agreement... could just mean difference in philosophies or game managements, ect.

Quote:

Okay then, what measure do you use to define explosiveness?

Certainly during your time with Polk High at RB you should have some experience with football.

Actually, I played QB... Hence the Number 7 (Don't see many rb's allowed to wear the number 7).... Anyway, I define explosiveness as having the following qualities:

1. Vision

2. Ability to shed tacklers

3. Speed

4. Agility

Those characteristics would lead someone to be able to change games (i.e. gamechangers such as Devin Hester). For you (using your gut feeling) to put Ginn in this class is, like I stated, PREMATURE!

I don't see how vision and breaking tackles factors into being explosive. Ginn is every bit as agile as almost any player in the league and certainly as quick and fast.

Have you seen Ginn play? I am a die-hard Hurricanes fan and as good as Devin Hester is, he's not as physically gifted as Ginn. Had it not been for some seriously questionable calls he would have had multiple kick returns for TDs as a rookie. He still had 1 though and there are only a handful of guys that do that at the NFL level.

Quote:

I don't see how vision and breaking tackles factors into being explosive. Ginn is every bit as agile as almost any player in the league and certainly as quick and fast.

Have you seen Ginn play? I am a die-hard Hurricanes fan and as good as Devin Hester is, he's not as physically gifted as Ginn. Had it not been for some seriously questionable calls he would have had multiple kick returns for TDs as a rookie. He still had 1 though and there are only a handful of guys that do that at the NFL level.

I've seen both a good bit.Ginn is a pure burner but Hester is more explosive and has a little power when he runs.If Ginn made the pro-bowl as a kick returner he would win fastest man easily.

Quote:

How is that premature? He is one of the fastest players in the league and you can't deny that as that has been timed and proven.

lol so is Jerome Mathis and he has no job anymore.I doubt Ginn will ever be more than a slot receiver on offense.He wasn't much of one in college.All he did was outrun people.He has to learn route running completely because he had none in college.

Quote:

Sure he does, but he doesn't make the pick or have final say. Even if Ginn was the guy that Cameron wanted, and there is a good chance that he did, it was still a good pick. Ginn will be an All-Pro WR sooner than later.

You don't have any knowledge of the Dolphins so you are speaking purely out of your *ss here.

how do u know what I know about the Dolphins?especially on one post that didn't say much?lol