• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ESPN's Hawks chat thoughts

Swish

Quote:

Beak Head (Atlanta): Is there any logical reason for Rick Sund to give Mike Woodson a contract extension (other than he once hired Bob Weiss)?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:14 PM ET ) Can't really think of one. But the owners appear to be big Woodson fans and that may save him.

Quote:

nick(brooklyn , ny): How does boston go to 7 games with atlanta whos is very young and weak, 7 games agianst Lebron and 11 scrubs and then really outplay detroit and outplay lakers. How is it possible to get outplayed by two worse teams and play better than two teams who are possible better than they are?

SportsNation Will Perdue: (4:26 PM ET ) That's a tough explanation. No one expected Atlanta to win a game against the Celtics. But that's when you talk about confidence being contagious. You saw that with the Hawks and the Cavaliers. But I also think that Boston has done a much better job defensively against the Lakers than against the Hawks or Cavaliers.

Quote:

Alec (Birmingham, Alabama): Buzz, do you see the Hawks making a coaching move with Avery Johnson and Flip Saunders out their?

SportsNation Buzzmaster: (5:36 PM ET ) Hmmm. That's an interesting idea. Though they did make it to the playoffs this season without those guys.

Well, it seems a little weak to use 'Woodson did coach those teams to those playoffs [and not Flip Saunders or Avery]' line. I'm not trying to take anything away from Woody, but they could of easily missed the playoffs had they not been in such a weak conference such as the East. Thanks for bringing Atlanta to the playoffs, Woody, but last I checked, Detroit [with Flip Saunders] and Dallas [with Avery Johnson] were over the .500 benchmark that you have constantly struggled to get over.