• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rick Sund poll

NJHAWK

I don't believe being a year more mature alone is enough to get 10+ wins, but if we improve the bench coaching to cover Woody's flaws, and get 2-3 solid league minimum vets to fill out the bench I see it as absolutely being possible.

Monta Ellis only scored 3.5 more ppg this season than last so that's not really a breakout. He and JRich combined for about 33ppg last year. This year Ellis and Azubuike combined for about 29 ppg. Maybe you can attribute their 6 game increase to Baron playing 19 more games, but I think it has a lot more to do with maturing another year and playing with a lot more confidence than they ever have based on their upsetting the Mavs last year.

Quote:

but if we improve the bench coaching to cover Woody's flaws,

You are really opening yourself up with this comment.

Quote:

and get 2-3 solid league minimum vets to fill out the bench I see it as absolutely being possible.

We would be hard pressed to get one solid vet for the league min. We had to pay Blo $3.5 million/yr and he sucks.

GS also traded Dunleavy/Murphy for Jackson/Harrington during the 06/07 season. could Bibby have a similar impact here? Maybe if he stays completely healthy. He is so weak defensively that he has to really be on offensively to be an impact player.

I have never denied that Woody has flaws. The difference between myself and a lot of others is that I think they are correctable and are simply mistakes that many young coaches make. I think he is an excellent motivator and he preaches defense and has a good defensive system. Those are 2 very important things to me in a coach. He also seems to care about his players and he won't quit on us and they won't quit on him.

Correction, we didn't HAVE TO pay Lo that much, that's just what BK paid for him and I think part of that was his fondness of him from his Memphis days. We all know that BK had a big problem in adding FAs for what they are worth outside of JJ and Zaza.

Post trade chemistry also probably played a big role for the Warriors and maybe that will be the same for us. I pray that Bibby's inconsistencies were due to his being injured and new to the team. He will make or break us next year.

What were we giving up before the Bibby trade? Weren't we around 97 or so? It's difficult to play good defense without having the players to execute that defense. I don't think we are 105 ppg bad with a healthy Bibby, but we aren't as good defensively with him as we were with AJ at the point. The offensive increase more than makes up for that though.

That will be the way that Acie gets to eventually take over the PG duties, or at least the bulk of them. Woody loves defense and once Acie gets comfortable enough running the offense his defense is so superior to Bibby that he will have to get the bulk of the minutes.