• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Not so bold prediction sure to come true

gsuteke

The next bit of news we'll be hearing after Woodson signs this extension will be rumblings out of the Josh Smith Camp.

From all the reports we've seen Woodson doesn't get along particularly well with some of his players, Josh Smith being one of them.

Look Hawksland to once again come tumbling down on all of us as Josh Smith attempts to force a S&T out of Atlanta.

Smoove likes the ATL a LOT more than he dislikes Woody. If he tries to force a trade, it will be because he feels that he is getting low-balled. Now he MIGHT blame his relationship with Woody if the Hawks don't offer him the deal he wants but it will all come back to money.

high as 6 Yrs/$82M. The first deal would start at $9M a season and the last deal would start at $11M a season. I think a 6 yr/$75M deal starting at $10M a season is a great compromise for both team and player. I don't see him getting an offer bigger than 6yrs/$82M, particularly when teams can only offer him a 5 yr deal unless we sign and trade him.

We can't let him get away at this point unless we get one hell of a trade offer.

Also, I guess Smoove could opt for the "LeBron/D-Wade philosophy" and go for a shorter deal with an opt out after year 3 in hopes of getting an even bigger payday if he "blows up." That would be a hell of a risk for a guy with his flaws though with $65M+ GUARANTEED sitting on the table.

Quote:

Quote:

Man that's alot of money for a player with flaws in his game.

The NBA has gotten to the point of fiscal insanity with their soft cap.

Who doesn't have flaws in their game? wink.gif exactly.Dwight Howard has some flaws in his game and he got PAID last summer.

Quote:

Quote:

Who doesn't have flaws in their game? wink.gif

True. However there are a bunch of players making in the 11+ million range right now.

People you wouldn't think are anywhere near dominant players are making almost max money.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

True. However there are a bunch of players making in the 11+ million range right now.

People you wouldn't think are anywhere near dominant players are making almost max money. soooo ummm.U just confused me.Smoove is better than those nowhere near dominant players so why would u have a problem with him getting that money?I don't get your true position,i'm kinda confused lol

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

People you wouldn't think are anywhere near dominant players are making almost max money. soooo ummm.U just confused me.Smoove is better than those nowhere near dominant players so why would u have a problem with him getting that money?I don't get your true position,i'm kinda confused lol

I confuse myself at times, no worries.

The salary structure is out of whack IMO, or atleast it's not fiscally restrained.

I think it's because these owners are willing to trip over themselves in order to hand out these huge sums of money to players.

Case in point. It will bring out silly homerism from the board but let's use our guy for example.

The Hawks are down 2 with 8 seconds left and they're about to inbound the ball. Are you going to call an isolation play for Josh Smith? Probably not.

But you're willing to dole out near Max Money for the guy because if you don't somebody else will.

Quote:

Smoove likes the ATL a LOT more than he dislikes Woody. If he tries to force a trade, it will be because he feels that he is getting low-balled. Now he MIGHT blame his relationship with Woody if the Hawks don't offer him the deal he wants but it will all come back to money.

Agreed. There's no doubt in my mind that Smoove wants to be an ATL superstar. You can tell he has a lot of pride for the A, and he reps it hard. There's no way he'll try to force a sign and trade just b/c Woody is back. Woody can always be fired. Once Smoove leaves his hometown, it may be hard to ever come back.

As long as the money is right, he'll be back.

I doubt that the rift between Smoove and Woody is all that great and I would bet that whatever issues exist between then have more to do with Smoove being a little hot headed and young. How many of us always agreed with and did everything our boss said when we didn't agree with it during our younger days without acting out? Probably not many. I don't see it as being any different, maybe even more so in the NBA since they spend so much time together.