• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe Johnson trade idea

pound4pound

Exactly and I think it was obvious JJ was hurt and battleing injuries while still playing 40 minutes a game early this season. Towards the last 3rd of the season he was the JJ we are used to. Also its amazing what a guy who can bring a 3 point threat like Bibby can do for you. Before Bibby came JJ was double and triple teamed and there wasnt a dam thing we could do about it.

Quote:

Perhaps you could enlighten us with a "smart" trade - what is Joe's value in this league and what player could we get in return for him today if Joe demanded a trade?

why?I'm not downing Joe because I have no reason to.It's just that Roy is just that good and at a young age.That's Portland's franchise player and can do pretty much everything that Joe can do.So why would they trade him and two other players who aren't bad players by any means for an older player that is not an upgrade?That's a STUPID trade.

Quote:

LOLOLOLOL somethings really wrong with you, first you you dont want to upgrade the pg position because you think acie is the next coming of "magic" an now you want to talk this ish. I would never trade joe for brandon roy. Yes he had his shining moment when we were playing them, but just like him joe hand an even better performance earlier in the season. Brandon roy has far more options and a more willing coach back in portland, while jj has people who should not shoot threes shoot threes and people who should shoot threes not shoot them. You are underestimating joe if you think joe and a first wouldnt get roy....when it all comes down roy will probably end up like joe.

what are u talking about?Brandon Roy is already an All-Star and upcoming superstar.Portland loves him,why would they even think about trading him for an older guy that isn't clearly better considering the age difference?I'm not underestimating Joe.Joe is a legit All-Star player and i've never made a negative comment about him so leave previous crap out of this.Especially considering u don't know what clumsy means,u have no room to say anything.What y'all are underestimated,like always,with all these dumb trades posted daily is why would the other team do it.Ask portland for Roy in exchange for Joe and a 1st and they hang up on you.It's that simple.And for the record i've never even thought about trading Joe.He's our best player and keeps us going.

Quote:

That's fair criticism and I agree with you. It's just that game was one I remember us giving away and those games we lose down the stretch where we literally give it away always stick with me. It's like the Utah game a couple of seasons ago where we lost the 21 point 4th quarter lead. I'll always remember that game for the negative feelings of it. It's just that game and games like it though. The portland game falls into that category for me so I can't say well JJ scored 40 and that's great. We lost and it was mainly due to Roy playing clutch in the 4th when it counted while JJ got burned.

Can't really blame that on Joe,Woodson decided to go away from what was working and benched Acie and played Lue for the whole 4th quarter and OT,where we gave up the lead and lost the game.Our starters clearly outplayed their's but Woody went with crappy Lue for no reason.He messed up the offensive flow and of course played no defense.He just threw up Jumpers.

Talent wise it's probably fair but there's no way I would do it and I'm sure Portland probably feels the same way. After the performance that Joe gave us in the playoffs I think he has cemented his status as our captain until he is ready to relinquish it. I like Roy a lot but I don't think he is capable of carrying a team like Joe is either.