• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wow, the Lakers are getting blown away

vdclover

Na, Clevland at least was right there in a few games in Boston. Clevland was a play or two away from winning that series even with all the bums on that team. We are #2 in giving Boston trouble though. It shows me that you really dont have to be a great team to win a title. The league is really watered down.

Quote:

Na, Clevland at least was right there in a few games in Boston. Clevland was a play or two away from winning that series even with all the bums on that team. We are #2 in giving Boston trouble though. It shows me that you really dont have to be a great team to win a title. The league is really watered down.

Actually it shows you what a young team in Atlanta can do at home with all that youthful exuberance and fresh legs.

And it shows you what a defensive team in Cleveland with the true best player on the planet in Lebron James can do for a team.

Congrats to the C's. Their defense is awesome, they had a great season and a great playoffs, and they definitely earned the championship. But damn.....was that a lame-ass effort by the Lake Show or what? I mean really, how can you come out in an elimination game looking THAT flat and uninspired? Kobe had his little run early on in the 1st, but everyone else for the Lakers just disappeared. I mean no one stepped up. It was like they just laid right down out there. For the champions of the Western Conference, really a disappointing, borderline embarrassing effort in my opinion.

And yes, Pau Gasol is buttery soft. In fact he's the new Mr. Softee! mr_softee.jpg

Say what you will about our Hawks, both the players and Woody. They did nothing

against the Celtics in Boston. In fact, they made us look bad.

But, we, the fans, brought the support and enthusiasm that helped carry our young,

unexperienced playoff team to three victories against the world champion Celtics.

The heralded Western Conference, said by everyone to be far better in every aspect

of the game, sent their best to play our Eastern Division and they came away looking

weaker than our own beloved Hawks.

Were I a LA Laker fan, I would hide my head in shame for the pitiful preformance

that my team put up in defending the Western Conference crown in this

championship series.

Yep. Say what you will about our Hawks. They put up a better battle against the

Celtics in the playoffs than the might Western Conference Champions.

Now, with our young battle tested players we already look foreward to next season.

GO HAWKS!!!

They should not have been there anyway. They beat San Antonio after a grueling 7 game series with the Hornets. Let's not forget the foul that Fisher got away with on Barry. Hell the Lakers probably had the easiest path to the finals of anyone in the last few years or so. Hell we could have beat the Nuggets. This just shows that team works beats a sperstar every time and that Kobe can't even sniff MJ' jockstrap.

• Premium Member

Team work beats a superstar every time? I hope that's not what you got out of this Finals matchup. Kobe against KG, Pierce, and Allen is a mismatch of epic proportions. Now if the Detroit Pistons played and beat the Lakers in the Finals, then you'd have a valid argument. If anything, this shows that you can buy an NBA championship by loading your team with stars from teams trying to dump salary and rebuild. At least, that's what I got out of it.

• Moderators

It does make the Hawks look good as much as I hate the celtics. What happenned to all the people like Mark Bradley saying it was pointless for the Hawks to even make the playoffs with 37 wins just to have a first round exit. Now its the basis for retaining our coach and claiming respectability as a team that took the champs to seven games.

• Premium Member

...and I REALLY hate to say it, but if the Western Conference champions could get embarassed like that, with their HoF coach, much talked about offensive prowess, and host of quality players highlighted by the "best player in the world"...I might have been a little too critical of the Hawks in their blowout loss. I still have issues with Woodson, but our game 7 at Boston is no longer one of them.

Wow man. Just wow...how embarassing for the Lakers.

Quote:

Team work beats a superstar every time? I hope that's not what you got out of this Finals matchup. Kobe against KG, Pierce, and Allen is a mismatch of epic proportions. Now if the Detroit Pistons played and beat the Lakers in the Finals, then you'd have a valid argument. If anything, this shows that you can buy an NBA championship by loading your team with stars from teams trying to dump salary and rebuild. At least, that's what I got out of it.

not really.there aren't many if any Garnett calibur players in this leage that even have the slightest chance of being traded. The Celtics got lucky and took advantage of it.Now if they would have gotten Iverson instead then they wouldn't have been close to a chapionship.They not only added two stars but they added one of the best bench players in the league in James Posey.and they developed their bench by keeping guys ready to play night in and night out.Not like Woody's make a mistake while being young and sit for a week philosophy. Leon Powe developed into a fine backup.Big Baby came in and didn't look like a dear in headlights,neither did Tony Allen. We have an Eddie House type in Salim already but without playing time is just a streaky shooting chucker.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Na, Clevland at least was right there in a few games in Boston. Clevland was a play or two away from winning that series even with all the bums on that team. We are #2 in giving Boston trouble though.
It shows me that you really dont have to be a great team to win a title. The league is really watered down.

Actually it just shows that if you play good defense you can beat anybody. That series with Boston/Cle was one of the lowest scoring series in NBA playoff history. They are both grind it out defensive teams, and Cleveland has LeBron to compliment that. Not to mention they have tons of shooters that can make open jumpers. That team is MUCH better than their individual talent suggests because of that reason.

Quote:

I think the reason the Lakers lost is Pau only there for half the season

how would Pau being there for a full season have made any difference? They still had homecourt throughout the west playoffs, and to have homecourt in the finals they would have had to win 67 games. Do you think if they had Pau they would have won 10 more games in the first half of the season? I sure don't. And besides, the Celtics won a game in LA so I dont think it would matter who had homecourt, the Celtics were just obviously better.

The reason Pau was ineffective was not because he didn't play long enough with the other Lakers in the regular season. It's because he played soft in the face of real defense.

Quote:

It shows me that you really dont have to be a great team to win a title. The league is really watered down.

C'mon man, the Celts are a legitimate team. They have a great mix of veterans and youth that plays within itself and complements the 'big 3' perfectly. They play outstanding defense. They are just a very good team. The fact that they won 66 games and just throughly dismantled and exposed the team that knocked off the dynasty of this era (Spurs) should attest to that.

Stop hating and give credit where it's due. I hate the over-hyping ESPN does of the New England sports scene, but on balance, that is a really good team and very difficult to deal with over 7 games.