• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Poss. Chillz replacements and a look at the cap.

Kimsey

More or less these are cheaper options while not too much disparity in production.

Matt Barnes - Very active and energetic player... Makes hustle plays... Pretty quick... Looks much better on the offensive end now... Just decent from the charity stripe.

Devin Brown - Good offensive talent... Can create his own shot... Good elevation... Works hard... Nice defensive player.

Jason Kapono - Incredible three-pointer shooter... Decent ballhandler... Lacks athleticism... Bad defender... A role player.

Desmond Mason - Quite an athlete... Awesome leaping skills... Grabs a lot of rebounds thanks to that... More than decent scorer... Good defender... Not great vision of the court... Mediocre ballhandler... No jump shot... Awful free-throw shooting form.

Kelenna Azubuike - Impressive athlete... Long arms... Nice jump shot... Excels in the open court game.

Ruben Patterson...

2007/08 Mid Level Exception figure: $5,356,000

2007/08 Bi-Annual Exception figure: $1,830,000

I'm assuming every team has these exceptions so why would a free agent come play for us when they can choose when we have a notorious past attracting them here? How bout give most of the mid level to a guy that actually wants to play for our team(David Anderson).

2007/08 max salary cap figure: $55,630,000

2007/08 min salary cap figure: $41,722,500

2007/08 luxury tax threshold: $67,865,000

Don't know how to dissect this info but if we don't resign both Joshes, our salary cap will look something like this - $43,747,500.

I'm assuming JS gets 10 mill this year and gradually increases over the years.

The cap should be at 54 million after JS signs...

It's imperative we don't extend Bibby and we could legitimately attract Wade or Lebron in 2 years.

I estimating the cap in 2010 with both JJ newly signed (12 million) and MW (8 million) both resigned with JS (12 million hopefully) but not the rest of the bench who I assume is about 10 mill. AC and Al still on their rookie deals.

Possible salary cap for 2010 season $51.5 Mill with a strong push for LeBron or Wade.

2010 roster.

pg - AC

sg - Lebron/Wade

sf - JJ - His contracts come off the books this year and Speedy's...

pf - JS

c- AL

Bench

2009 draft pick

2010 draft pick

David Andersen

Marvin Williams?

Solo?

Mario

Matt Barnes/Devin Brown

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

It's imperative we don't extend Bibby and we could legitimately attract
Wade
or
Lebron
in 2 years.

Good post.

B/c of the 2009-2010 FA BOOM it should keep teams from offering Smith or Chillz some of the crazy contracts that have been thrown out in recent years such as: Redd's crazy deal and R. Lewis's INSANELY CRAZY DEAL !

Redd has 3 years / $51 mill left on his deal.

$15.8 in 08-09

$17 mill in 09-10

$18.2 mill in 10-11

We won't see deals like this for border line allstars like Smoove any more.

Quote:

Don't know how to dissect this info but if we don't resign both Joshes, our salary cap will look something like this - $43,747,500.

?

We have $51.7 million in salaries committed for next season before resigning the Joshs.

• Premium Member

More than Likely, Chillz will be retained. I think Sund already knows how high he can go for Chillz and Smoove. I think that our offering on other free agents won't be so spectacular. Maybe a cheap big and a cheap shooter.

Don't be surprised to see Kareem Rush and Robert Swift wearing Hawks unis next season.

I think where we all need to remember is that cap is saved if we trade Bibby before the deadline.

Quote:

Quote:

?

We have $51.7 million in salaries committed for next season before resigning the Joshs.

Player 2008/09

Mike Bibby $15,225,000

Joe Johnson $14,232,566

Speedy Claxton $5,757,818

Marvin Williams $5,636,142

Josh Childress $4,844,355

Al Horford $4,026,720

Zaza Pachulia $4,000,000

Josh Smith $3,167,882

Acie Law $2,071,680

Solomon Jones $797,581

I just took these salaries off and got the 44 million cap figure. I'm not quite sure but you can enlighten me.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

?

Player 2008/09

Mike Bibby $15,225,000

Joe Johnson $14,232,566

Speedy Claxton $5,757,818

Marvin Williams $5,636,142

Josh Childress $4,844,355

Al Horford $4,026,720

Zaza Pachulia $4,000,000

Josh Smith $3,167,882

Acie Law $2,071,680

Solomon Jones $797,581

I just took these salaries off and got the 44 million cap figure. I'm not quite sure but you can enlighten me.

Very easily. Just add up the salaries. The first 4 players on that list make a combined $40.7 million.

Resign both Joshes and sign cheap FAs (Rush and Swift work just fine for me though I would prefer Finley and Kurt Thomas or Kwame) to fill out the roster. If things don't look good at the All Star break, trade Zaza (or Bibby) before the trade deadline to avoid the luxury tax (if necessary).

Hahahaha, you don't subtract the Joshes numbers. Those are qualifying offers, basically the caphold we will have for those guys. If you want to talk about our actual cap number, you add up all those and then add .797 mil for each roster spot not occupied up to 13.

We don't have cap space, all we have for this summer is the MLE and LLE.

Well excuse me I just took the Hoopshype numbers as fact and didn't do my own math. Alright, so it is 51.7 mill. While I'm at it, I actually find our place in the salary cap pathetic.

1. Dallas Mavericks - $106,717,438

2. New York Knicks - $95,394,773

3. Denver Nuggets - $82,606,172

4. Cleveland Cavaliers - $81,298,525

5. Miami Heat - $75,044,011

6. Boston Celtics - $74,288,902

7. Philadelphia 76ers - $74,287,813

8. Portland Trail Blazers - $72,691,335

9. Los Angeles Lakers - $72,285,365

10. Phoenix Suns - $70,482,998

11. Washington Wizards - $67,830,278

12. San Antonio Spurs - $67,270,940

13. Toronto Raptors - $67,252,973

14. Houston Rockets - $66,508,070

15. Indiana Pacers - $66,412,007

16. Detroit Pistons - $66,023,876

17. Minnesota Timberwolves - $65,345,626

18. Los Angeles Clippers - $64,126,982

19. Sacramento Kings - $63,245,998

20. Milwaukee Bucks - $62,702,859

21. Chicago Bulls - $62,476,258

22. New Orleans Hornets - $62,421,364

23. New Jersey Nets - $60,896,128

24. Seattle Superdupersonics - $60,504,339

25. Utah Jazz - $59,693,522

26. Orlando Magic - $58,681,463

27. Golden State Warriors - $58,537,485

28. Atlanta Hawks - $55,771,676

29. Charlotte Bobcats - $54,162,977

30. Memphis Grizzlies - $53,100,560

No offense to Charlotte and Memphis but it's like having a team in Little Rock or Birmingham and we virtually have the lowest payroll and they're are still losing money?

Quote:

No offense to Charlotte and Memphis but it's like having a team in Little Rock or Birmingham and we virtually have the lowest payroll and they're are still losing money?

Assuming Smith gets resigned we will be paying roughly $70 million in salaries for next season. The reason our salaries look low is because we have so many guys on their rookie contracts. That is going to change.

Quote:

Well excuse me I just took the Hoopshype numbers as fact and didn't do my own math. Alright, so it is 51.7 mill. While I'm at it, I actually find our place in the salary cap pathetic.

Hoopshype numbers show the correct amount, $51.7 mil if you go by their cap numbers.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/atlanta.htm Notice underneath 2008/09 where it says Totals:

What you did was your own math, you subtracted qualifying offers which is hillarious to me. Don't blame your mistakes on Hoophype, they have enough as is, because this is clearly you not understanding our cap situation at all while trying to make a sophisticated post about our situation.

Quote:

Quote:

Hoopshype numbers show the correct amount, $51.7 mil if you go by their cap numbers.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/atlanta.htm Notice underneath 2008/09 where it says Totals:

What you did was your own math, you subtracted qualifying offers which is hillarious to me. Don't blame your mistakes on Hoophype, they have enough as is, because this is clearly you not understanding our cap situation at all while trying to make a sophisticated post about our situation.

Who are you? You claim to be a fan while on everyone ignore's list. I didn't even read your posts when I was a lurker and don't even know why I'm reply to you now.

Quote:

Quote:

Easy tiger. He is new.

Yes i am aware i am probably not the one to be preaching restraint, but still...

Are you really that mad that I pointed out you did your own "Diesel" math? When you are that wrong about something, I will point it out because it is hillarious. You set up your whole post as if you were an expert on our cap situation and how it will impact our future, but you don't have a clue about it at all. That was very evident when you subtracted QOs and then said it was hoopshype fault. Be a man, say you were wrong and that might actually get you some help when you have a question about our cap situation.

Quote:

Really? You are probably the most restrained and non-confrontational poster on here, next to Gray Mule.

I am currently enrolled in the AHF School of Debate and Diplomacy. I am a little nervous about seeing my upcoming report card though.